Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a carnival cruiser doing?

Exactly. I don't know if the person who won told them how they knew all the answers, but I think the other person was just inferring what happened. I also couldn't help but think, Lord just give them both ships on a stick. I get being competitive, but this went on and on like it was free cruise bingo, or the last day t-shirt sale when mediums start running low.

I just spit out my water reading this! Too Funny. So true on T-shirt sale!

That could have been me. We took our elderly parents on a cruise (All four of them, 2 in a wheelchair and one with a walker.) I found my dad (with dementia and a bad heart) in the cafeteria with a plate heaping with artery clogging bacon. I took his plate, put it down and took my parents to the dining room for breakfast.

God Bless you. I know how hard that is to see your parents slipping away. I use to take my parents with us when we would go on cruises too. We have so many happy memories. Now it's impossible their health won't allow them to cruise anymore. I miss the way it use to be.

I think the point is that in the dining room, stuff is portion controlled and there's a better chance of being able to order non-artery clogging stuff (like turkey bacon and egg white omelets).

I hate the turkey bacon and sausage. The bacon isn't crisp, just rubbery

Actually that'd just be rhyming, not alliteration. The latter is "the repetition of usually initial consonant sounds in two or more neighboring words or syllables."

Helplessly hoping her harlequin hovers nearby

Awaiting a word

Gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit he runs

Wishing he could fly

Only to trip at the sound of goodbye

Wordlessly watching he waits by the window and wonders

At the empty place inside

Heartlessly helping himself to her bad dreams he worries

Did he hear a good-bye?

Or even hello?

Helplessly hoping her harlequin hovers nearby

Awaiting a word

Gasping at glimpses of gentle true spirit he runs

Wishing he could fly

Only to trip at the sound of goodbye

Wordlessly watching he waits by the window and wonders

At the empty place inside

Heartlessly helping himself to her bad dreams he worries

Did he hear a good-bye?

Or even hello?

Love that song....

Exactly. I don't know if the person who won told them how they knew all the answers, but I think the other person was just inferring what happened. I also couldn't help but think, Lord just give them both ships on a stick. I get being competitive, but this went on and on like it was free cruise bingo, or the last day t-shirt sale when mediums start running low.

I just spit out my water reading this! Too Funny. So true on T-shirt sale!

Had a similar experience last cruise. There was a guy that went to all the trivia contests and always got chosen for everything. On the last Sea Day, they had Trivial Persuit trivia. I had never played Trivial Persuit before, so I played with my family and a group next to us. We beat this aforementioned cruiser, who was getting obnoxious at this point, with a trivia question I've known since I was 3 years old: "In Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom Of The Opera", who does The Phantom call in love with?". Good thing we got that question: had another team gotten it, it would have taken every fiber of my being not to say anything! Needless to say, after that, our obnoxious friend got real quiet!

And to add to that, I was a "Clue" player and one of the "Clue Reveals" was during a morning show, so I went to get the clue. They were giving away the "Ships On A Stick" for answering questions about stuff that happened during the show that morning. My obnoxious friend was there and write a dedication to his wife, saying he got married on another Carnival ship. I had been on that same ship and because I was paying attention to the dedications, I got the "Ship On A Stick"! He was sitting right in front of me and got real quiet when I got the trophy!

Sent from my LGL22C using Forums mobile app

Ya know, we've been on 5 cruises...4 with carnival, one with rccl, also nice....I can't think of anything too horribly obnoxious really. One thing I remember, and i've been through this whole thread is there isn't a lot of elevator etiquette talk-beyond the kids and the lady with her butt in the window...

we were taking the elevator up, there were probably 8 or 9 people, so kind of full. got to whatever floor, Lido I think and instead of letting the occupants out, this dude and his family of 4 insisted on barging in before letting everyone off...like they just had to get on that second....

Had a similar experience last cruise. There was a guy that went to all the trivia contests and always got chosen for everything. On the last Sea Day, they had Trivial Persuit trivia. I had never played Trivial Persuit before, so I played with my family and a group next to us. We beat this aforementioned cruiser, who was getting obnoxious at this point, with a trivia question I've known since I was 3 years old: "In Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom Of The Opera", who does The Phantom call in love with?". Good thing we got that question: had another team gotten it, it would have taken every fiber of my being not to say anything! Needless to say, after that, our obnoxious friend got real quiet!

And to add to that, I was a "Clue" player and one of the "Clue Reveals" was during a morning show, so I went to get the clue. They were giving away the "Ships On A Stick" for answering questions about stuff that happened during the show that morning. My obnoxious friend was there and write a dedication to his wife, saying he got married on another Carnival ship. I had been on that same ship and because I was paying attention to the dedications, I got the "Ship On A Stick"! He was sitting right in front of me and got real quiet when I got the trophy!

*fall*

*wrote*

My SO and I had befriended a lady in her 50's and her daughter (late 20's - my SO and I are both mid-30's) on the last cruise we were on so on the last night of the cruise we decided to have dinner with them in the MDR. Dessert time and I couldn't finish all of mine and I pushed the plate off to the side. The daughter then proceeds to pull the plate of my unfinished dessert over to in front of her and finishes it using the same spoon I had been using!

Not the most offensive thing to ever have happened, it was definitely more a "what the?" moment.

Dessert time and I couldn't finish all of mine and I pushed the plate off to the side. The daughter then proceeds to pull the plate of my unfinished dessert over to in front of her and finishes it using the same spoon I had been using!

Not the most offensive thing to ever have happened, it was definitely more a "what the?" moment.

I'd have said something like "Honey, I don't mean to alarm you or anything, but I've been sick this whole week...." :)

My SO and I had befriended a lady in her 50's and her daughter (late 20's - my SO and I are both mid-30's) on the last cruise we were on so on the last night of the cruise we decided to have dinner with them in the MDR. Dessert time and I couldn't finish all of mine and I pushed the plate off to the side. The daughter then proceeds to pull the plate of my unfinished dessert over to in front of her and finishes it using the same spoon I had been using!

I would have pointed at my lips and said, "It's okay, these sores are almost gone."

On the Freedom many years ago (back when we actually attended the raffles and such) they were raffling a necklace. The place was packed!! This overly large red-headed lady was shoving and pushing people so she could be standing next to the jewelry store worker who was holding the large plastic container that had all the slips in it. The one that they leave outside the door all day for entrees. She practically jumped the man wanting to be the one who drew the winning name.

He of course chose her...I'd have hated to see what would have happened had he not!

Anyway, low and behold, she pulls out her own name. She had a slip of paper waded up in her hand as she put her hand in the bag. SMH...the things some people will stoop to. MANY people saw it and grumbled about it loudly.

I saw her frequently out on the deck by the pool throughout the cruise. The first time was when she and her husband were sitting directly in front of us and I loudly said, "well, here comes the necklace thief." Every other time I saw her I just said, "well, he comes the thief......".

One night in the MDR on formal night a lady at the table with us drank too much and threw up in her glass at the table then wrapped her napkin around it and gave it to a server to take away without warning him what had happened. I was disgusted beyond belief.

One night in the MDR on formal night a lady at the table with us drank too much and threw up in her glass at the table then wrapped her napkin around it and gave it to a server to take away without warning him what had happened. I was disgusted beyond belief.

200w.gif