Ashley Madison Leak - Live from Escape 5/27

I can't believe that I actually just priced out an NCL cruise...looking at next fall on Escape...but so far the prices for a balcony are just too high for me to pull the trigger...my last cruise on Liberty was about 700$ per person for a balcony...we got 2 adjoining ones...NCL prices out closer to 1200/1300 per...if we put 4 in a room it would be a good deal but not sure I am ready to go back to that....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe that I actually just priced out an NCL cruise...looking at next fall on Escape...but so far the prices for a balcony are just too high for me to pull the trigger...my last cruise on Liberty was about 700$ per person for a balcony...we got 2 adjoining ones...NCL prices out closer to 1200/1300 per...if we put 4 in a room it would be a good deal but not sure I am ready to go back to that....

$700 is unreal, but Liberty gets a lot of good deals due to the Texas embarkation point. I think a better comparison to the Escape would be an Oasis/Allure sailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Keep in mind this pricing most likely includes 2 "perks" (i.e., drink package, internet, dining package, excursions, etc) Make sure to add the pricing of those items in when doing your comparison.

$700 is unreal, but Liberty gets a lot of good deals due to the Texas embarkation point. I think a better comparison to the Escape would be an Oasis/Allure sailing.

And the balcony pricing on the Escape includes two perks such as drink package and 3 nights of specialty dining. Factor that in when comparing to RCI for a fair apples to apples comparison.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

And the balcony pricing on the Escape includes two perks such as drink package and 3 nights of specialty dining. Factor that in when comparing to RCI for a fair apples to apples comparison.

Of course also factor in the service charge (gratuity) associated with those perks. [emoji6]

Nothing I have seen on RCCL touches the HAVEN experience. Thought about doing the "Loft" experience, but it is way more expensive than NCL HAVEN.
Check out the Yacht Club over on MSC. Many disgruntled Haven cruisers have jumped ship because of price increases. MSC is also doing a status match with whatever cruise line you have your highest status with. With the Seaside starting up and the Meraviglia coming to the states as well, they will soon be a player on this side of the pond. And do a search for their projected world class project.

Loving this review! In your Costa Maya pics- the one with the beach chairs with the little coverings over top - what beach club was that? We are going to Pitaya Beach club when we go there on June 10 cruise. Your pic looked like what we've seen on line. If so, how was it? Thanks!

Just gave up my 2 connecting inside cabins on Allure and booked a mini suite on Escape for December 16 with UBP/UDP for the same price [emoji4]

Thanks for your great review!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You'll be happy with your change. In September I will be lucky enough to hit cruise #30. It will be my third straight time on the Escape, and the Escape is the only ship I have cruised on 3 times.

You'll be happy with your change. In September I will be lucky enough to hit cruise #30. It will be my third straight time on the Escape, and the Escape is the only ship I have cruised on 3 times.

I've been on breakaway twice, getaway, epic, jewel and star....looking forward to Escape in December.

We are also going on Anthem to Bermuda in August.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When are you sailing in September?

I am pretty sure the hotel director was tipped off as to your following on CC... that is why you are getting the snacks... it's not because you are in a mini-suite, which many feel should be renamed "deluxe balcony" so people will stop thinking mini suites get suite benefits. I am so glad you are enjoying the Escape, we had a blast on her in March!

I am pretty sure the hotel director was tipped off as to your following on CC... that is why you are getting the snacks... it's not because you are in a mini-suite, which many feel should be renamed "deluxe balcony" so people will stop thinking mini suites get suite benefits. I am so glad you are enjoying the Escape, we had a blast on her in March!

I was on the Escape last October in a mini suite - got the same perks - not sure if it's a CC thing, 1st time NCL thing, mini suite thing or a combo of the above.. either way - it's a nice touch.

So glad I stumbled upon your review. Kinda cool seeing things from the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm an NCL loyalist (platinum) who just did my very first Royal cruise (on Anthem). While Anthem was probably the most beautiful ship I've yet to sail on, it wasn't one of "my girls." After all, MY girls stay up late, give me lots of free booze, treat me to fancy restaurants... (Although that said, Wonderland was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had on land or sea).

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review (I'm still way back on dinner at Le Bistro... )

Richard/Tralfie

I was on the Escape last October in a mini suite - got the same perks - not sure if it's a CC thing, 1st time NCL thing, mini suite thing or a combo of the above.. either way - it's a nice touch.

Agreed and in no way would a couple of strawberries make or break my cruise or opinion of NCL/Escape, but definitely doesn't go unnoticed.

If you're going to pay three times as much for your stainless steel goblet, shouldn't you be posting over on the Disney thread? ;)

Sorry, this made me snicker! Trying to book a DCL cruise but the teens think there may be kids aboard?? We love the Escape so assume we will just stay loyal! And not over pay...

So glad I stumbled upon your review. Kinda cool seeing things from the opposite end of the spectrum. I'm an NCL loyalist (platinum) who just did my very first Royal cruise (on Anthem). While Anthem was probably the most beautiful ship I've yet to sail on, it wasn't one of "my girls." After all, MY girls stay up late, give me lots of free booze, treat me to fancy restaurants... (Although that said, Wonderland was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had on land or sea).

Looking forward to reading the rest of your review (I'm still way back on dinner at Le Bistro... )

Richard/Tralfie

I wish I was back at the beginning of the week as well!