What happened to late night eats and Mexican Midnight Buffett

We noticed the late night pizza menu at the Pizza Pirate, but on the Ecstasy last September, they had the late night eats (hot dogs, burgers, fries, and maybe a few other things) in addition to pizza. They also have the deck party with the Mexican Buffet. The glory didn't have either or these, so I was just curios.

I know the Grand Midnight Buffets have been gone. my first cruise was in 2011, and I have never saw the Grand Midnight Buffets.

We noticed the Mexican late night buffet disappeared with the opening of the Blue Iguana Cantina. It didn't matter that the Cantina wasn't open at that time. Ships without the Cantina still had the Mexican buffet. There must have been some agreement not to serve the Mexican buffet on any ship with the Blue Iguana Cantina. Most of the ships now have the Cantina.

That makes sense because the buffet was on Elation but not Triumph or Freedom. I miss the Mexican Buffet but not enough to trade BI for it.

We were on the Miracle for Thanksgiving 2016 and they had the Mexican Buffet one night, I'm sure it was the Deck Party night starting at 11:30. It's quite a spread but we never partake as we have late dining and just not hungry but it's fun to look.

Regarding late-night eats.....

Some Carnival ships offer an expanded menu at Pizza Pirate between 11pm (when the deli closes) and 1am; look for a menu tagged "Pizza Pirate Plus."

Offerings will include lasagna every night and a rotating item -- in October on Conquest they rotated between a meatball sub, chicken parmigiana and sausage-and-peppers. This in addition to pizza, Caesar salad and cookies. Really hit the spot and the lasagna was surprisingly good; very meaty.