Carnival Dream Cloud 9 Spa Interior Room - Worth it??

My husband and I are planning on going on a cruise in October out of New Orleans on the Carnival Dream. We will be doing an interior room but are considering upgrading a Cloud 9 Spa Interior Room. For those who have done this, is it worth the price? The upgraded towels, shampoo, conditioner, and unlimited spa access all sound very appealing.

It's worth it just to have those huge walk-in showers so close by. They have fresh towels, hairdryers, and large counters with big mirrors and sinks. And plenty of outlets to plug in your stuff. Me and my daughters (20 & 18) go there to get ready for dinner in the MDR every night. :)

We are addicted to spa cabins and get them every time now. That heated bubbly Thelasso Therapy Pool with its built in loungers is worth every penny.

I have not been on the Dream, but I had a Spa Interior on the Splendor and I loved it. I would definitely say that the products we were given, such as the sippers, bath products, robes, towels, etc added to the relaxation and overall posh of the trip, and I absolutely loved the Thlassotherapy pool, as well as the saunas. I spent a lot of time in this area when I has the Cloud 9 Spa Room, and I would certainly do it again. Granted, not if I planned to spend a lot of time off the boat, but if I had a lot of sea days, which I imagine you do if you're cruising on the Dream, and/or wasn't planning on splurging on excursions or activities in the destinations, then I would definitely say take the upgrade and enjoy it! :)

I'd say go for it! We're getting ready to do our third time on the Dream in a spa cabin. My wife LOVES these cabins and they are very affordable. This time we're doing balcony spa cabins to satisfy us all. The young ones aren't allowed in the spa. The location is very quiet as there aren't many rooms up there and virtually no traffic. There's a great place to go outside on the bow of the ship and it's barely known. And if there's any rainy days you have somewhere to go relax. WARNING:Once you have one it will be hard to not have one in the future!;)

My husband and I are planning on going on a cruise in October out of New Orleans on the Carnival Dream. We will be doing an interior room but are considering upgrading a Cloud 9 Spa Interior Room. For those who have done this, is it worth the price? The upgraded towels, shampoo, conditioner, and unlimited spa access all sound very appealing.

Only you can answer that and it appears you have.

Thanks for all the advice! My husband thinks it would be a total waste of money so I enjoyed sharing your reviews with him to help try to convince him that it would be worth it! Based on what I read, it seemed like it was worth the extra $200, but I know that sometimes things are not always as they are described on the website. Thanks again for the reviews!

We sailed on the Dream in an interior Spa cabin a year ago. The perks of unlimited access to the thermal pool, etc.. was quite nice but I should let you know that the room we had was directly under the weight machines in the gym. We heard banging of the weight machines ALL night!! We found out that even though the gym closes at around 10 or 11 for guests, that then the employees can use it. Our room was 11224, just as a heads up. We love the Dream and always have a great time, so we have sailed on her since then but we just chose a different room.

Thanks for all the advice! My husband thinks it would be a total waste of money so I enjoyed sharing your reviews with him to help try to convince him that it would be worth it! Based on what I read, it seemed like it was worth the extra $200, but I know that sometimes things are not always as they are described on the website. Thanks again for the reviews!

I will tell you that I enjoyed it more than my hubby! However, he's funny about public pools and hot tubs! He thoroughly enjoyed the beds (can't remember what they were called) and the fact no one seemed to be in there much. Peaceful place to go relax and unwind. I absolutely LOVED the Thalassotherapy Pool!!!! After a long day walking it sure felt amazing on the body and muscles.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely worth it to me. If fact, for me going forward, no Cloud 9 Spa = no Cruise for the reasons mentioned above. Easy access to the spa/gym, less traffic in the hallway, and even though kids are allowed in the spa cabins (not in the spa itself) there are less kids on deck 11 and 12. You may not see even one the entire cruise.

But do be careful picking your cabin..I just looked at the Dream deck plan and a few of those interior cabins on deck 12 are below the gym. That is no good. Below the spa facilities would not be an issue as it doesn't open until 8am and closes at 10pm. Go for the starboard side.

Absolutely worth it to me. If fact, for me going forward, no Cloud 9 Spa = no Cruise for the reasons mentioned above. Easy access to the spa/gym, less traffic in the hallway, and even though kids are allowed in the spa cabins (not in the spa itself) there are less kids on deck 11 and 12. You may not see even one the entire cruise.

But do be careful picking your cabin..I just looked at the Dream deck plan and a few of those interior cabins on deck 12 are below the gym. That is no good. Below the spa facilities would not be an issue as it doesn't open until 8am and closes at 10pm. Go for the starboard side.

Thanks for the heads up about being beneath the gym and the tip about being on the Starboard side. Is it possible to change rooms once you have booked? Like same level (price) just a different location, or are you locked in to a certain room number once booked? I'm anxious to go ahead and book our cruise, but want to make the best possible room selection.

I think you mean deck 11, there are no inside spa cabins on deck 12

YES! You will love it!

I appreciate this thread - it's been encouraging that we have made a good choice. We are sailing in a spa interior in August for the same reasons you mentioned, plus we were also looking forward to a quieter deck and the elevator which accesses not only the spa, but also the Serenity deck. It's been good to hear so many positive answers to your question.

Have a great cruise.

Blessings,

SiraJoy