Bringing food on ship

fozzy1975

Mmmm. Pringles. I just bought a can to take with us on our flight to Paris this weekend. They travel well :-)

If you want chips bring them with you from home. We brought Pringles in a can so they wouldn't get all smashed. The only chips we saw onboard in the fun shops were CRAZY high. We learned after our first cruise to bring snacks for late night munching as there isn't much except for pizza.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny story about those Pringles...I always pack snack because with teens and 20 something kids they are always eating! So I packed Pringles (2 Canisters) in our backpack for on the plane...never thinking I'd cause a National Security Alert....I sent my backpack thru the xray scanner and next thing I know about 9 million TSA employees were on that Xray machine and trying to figure out what it was. ( someone made the comment about bomb tubes?) and they pulled me for mucho questions...finally it dawned on me ..oh yeah I have Pringles in there ..then they opened it and ascertained YES it's Pringles! LOL..so now they go in checked bags:') We do take a few snacks..I've been know to take veggies from the salad bar for nibbling later...

We bring pre-packaged food onto the ship everytime (nuts, crackers, granola bars, and Pringles). We take the food onshore at the port of calls. I have a daughter that needs to eat every 3 hours, and bringing our own food saves time and money in port.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have seen chips in one of three places other than the expensive shop

Some ships give chips out in the sandwich shop, I have also seen tortilla chips when they do tacos, and then I have seen the little like pita chips usually near hamburgers and hotdogs --- Now that I think about if your ship has guys you can get them little potato stick chip things also

We always bring snacks, I'm not by any means cheap but the prices on board are really high so we avoid buying stuff there. Last cruise we brought the lays version of pringles (I like them better, a little thicker) actual pringles for our daughter and then in cozumel we ended up buying some different candies to munch on.

i was going to order my husband some caramel popcorn drizzled with chocolate from cherry on top and have it delivered when we board, but it's $8.00 for 7oz. I can get triple the amount at home for 1/2 the price. Can I take an unopened bag for him

On the ship the day we board! I know there is tons of food on the ship, but sometimes he likes a quick nibble on something sweet and the sweets on the ship stink! EXCEPT for room service chocolate cake!

Yes! Feel free to take your snacks on board. I always take salty snacks with me because I enjoy them with my adult beverages, and Carnival does not offer them except for small quantities with room service sandwiches.

Thanks for all the non smart ass replies I appreciate them!

I always pack snacks, peanuts, sealed bag of pretzels, mini wrapped chocolates. Mints. Just like to nibble when on my balcony. I put them in the luggage that goes through never with a problem on many cruises.

i was going to order my husband some caramel popcorn drizzled with chocolate from cherry on top and have it delivered when we board, but it's $8.00 for 7oz. I can get triple the amount at home for 1/2 the price. Can I take an unopened bag for him

On the ship the day we board! I know there is tons of food on the ship, but sometimes he likes a quick nibble on something sweet and the sweets on the ship stink! EXCEPT for room service chocolate cake!

Totally aree about Carnival sweets. I take my own.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk