EXC on Westerdam

InTheWASide

Here's a larger picture of the the Crow's Nest renovation. You can see that there are still bar stools if you look at the upper right corner of the photo. Hopefully someone will take a comprehensive set of pix for us.

1f6dcb8e54c25835719c95345c7551da.jpg

Thank you! What photos I have seen are encouraging. Yet, some of the news, i.e. the Captain's Corner, is very disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for posting this for those that have Twitter accounts. I don't and am not opening one either.

I don't blame you - Twitter is ... let's just say most of what is posted is either soporific or vile. However, you don't need a twitter account to view the pics. And there are a lot of pics, not just of EXC but the ship in general.

Thanks InTheWASide for digging this up :)

I don't blame you - Twitter is ... let's just say most of what is posted is either soporific or vile. However, you don't need a twitter account to view the pics. And there are a lot of pics, not just of EXC but the ship in general.

Thanks InTheWASide for digging this up :)

I saw no way of viewing the images/video other than creating an account.

I logged in with my Twitter- LOTS of pictures and several videos- at least two videos of EXC. The bar is still there but now called Explorations Cafe. Since there was always beverage staff working the old cafe makes sense to have coffee drinks and alcohol in one place.

The pictures from Sel de Mer "pop up" look amazing. I was drooling when I saw the cheese souffle. The Chocolate Strawberry tower looks wonderful.

My biggest surprise in all the pictures was Chocolate Seduction is still there!!! Love their hot drinks with a healthy touch of rum

But look carefully at the the type of seating - cushions are placed there because the seats are so deep that your back cannot touch the back of the sofas without the cushions. The uncomfortable seating has already been noted by a recent Westerdam poster. And I'm not crazy about the huge interactive screens interfering with the view from the bow.

Agree 100%. Also thought the sofas look like a nice place for nap. :(

You don't need a Twitter account to see the photos. I was able to scroll the whole hash tag thread without ever logging in.

Just watch the dates as you scroll because it's easy to hit pre drydock photos.

I'm currently on the Westerdam, I will get pictures of the new EXC area and Crows nest and post, however I may not be able to upload until returning depending on signal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you're pretty familiar with the ship pre-dry dock could you take some pics of what you find to be the most changed as well? I know Oosterdam pinnacle changed quite a bit... did Westerdam's? Can you show us the full scope of the atrium changes including what was done to where the shore ex desk was? Changes to the lido and aft pool decks and new furniture, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

For those that seem to be so concerned about the twitter link even though you don't need a log in...

First, a video I JUST found moments ago. It's not in English but it's pretty obvious what you're looking at and when

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing I've seen so far would ruin my experience on the Westerdam. In fact, it all looks bright and new and beautiful. The Crow's Nest seems to have many different types of chairs; I'd imagine that everyone can find at least one that is comfortable. I am really interested in viewing the suite renovations. I hope someone posts pictures or videos soon.

I can't say I like what they have done to the Crows Nest, but I am still looking forward to my cruise on the Westie. The photos of the rest of the ship look OK, while the Crows Nest looks a bit like a basement reno, to me. Lots of wasted space and cheap-looking furniture, and DH and I would have to perch on the edge of those sofas and chairs. Not too comfy-looking at all. And it appears that much of the forward-facing windows is blocked by large TV screens. That's a shame.