EXC on Westerdam

InTheWASide

I've been scouring the internet and social media for any hints at what this area looks like since dry dock finished. Last night I FINALLY found one pic from what appears to be the design team that put it together. I think it looks pretty good

bdb1012aa773b04e7e07ee93cb27d966.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks good, Brad; I wonder how the EXC program is working on board, or if they even have it up and running yet.

(PS How was your Seabourn Sojourn fam trip? What did you think?)

Not sure on the program. Would imagine at least a decent amount of it is up and running by now.

Seabourn was great for the most part. I was debating doing a comparison between the 2. I'll probably put something together in the next couple/few days

Thanks for the research and the great find with the pics!

Denise:)

You're welcome. The transformation was so major I've been searching everything I can to see more. That one video was great but still so many questions

Thanks for the photos. It doesn't look like a lot of seating area was lost.

Seating still looks plentiful. Lots of various types of seating so most people should be happy with at least SOME of the options.

Not sure on the program. Would imagine at least a decent amount of it is up and running by now.

Seabourn was great for the most part. I was debating doing a comparison between the 2. I'll probably put something together in the next couple/few days

that would be great if you did the comparison. I would be very interested to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for the pics. Interesting.

Seating still looks plentiful. Lots of various types of seating so most people should be happy with at least SOME of the options.

I'm waiting for someone to come out with stentorian complaints about all of the new throw pillows. :D

But look carefully at the the type of seating - cushions are placed there because the seats are so deep that your back cannot touch the back of the sofas without the cushions. The uncomfortable seating has already been noted by a recent Westerdam poster. And I'm not crazy about the huge interactive screens interfering with the view from the bow. As the saying goes, not all innovations are improvements.

Good point by Tampa Girl. Perhaps, my perspective is off, appears there are fewer seats near the front windows. on our Alaska cruise last year, seem to recall two rows of chairs and tables near the windows and they were often occupied. My guess is there really are fewer places to sit. Look forward to some reports on this change.

But look carefully at the the type of seating - cushions are placed there because the seats are so deep that your back cannot touch the back of the sofas without the cushions. The uncomfortable seating has already been noted by a recent Westerdam poster. And I'm not crazy about the huge interactive screens interfering with the view from the bow. As the saying goes, not all innovations are improvements.

Similar to some of the seating in the piano bar on the Rotterdam. Activity organizers were always stealing chairs from other venues because no one wanted to sit on the couches (too deep AND too low). This reasonably fit lady of a certain age would need a crane and a derrick to get me on my feet!

I'm encouraged by what InTheWaside's pictures showed. I see a bar. I see seating along some of the forward view windows. I see seating in other areas that ought to allow for proper viewing. (I wonder if some of those seats might be moved to face a different different direction.)

I did not see what became of The Captain's Corner. I did not see where the Shore Excursion Office and adjacent area are located. No area views of the Exploration's Cafe or whatever is left of the Library are shown.

But, as I just said, I am encouraged by what I see.

I'm encouraged by what InTheWaside's pictures showed. I see a bar. I see seating along some of the forward view windows. I see seating in other areas that ought to allow for proper viewing. (I wonder if some of those seats might be moved to face a different different direction.)

I did not see what became of The Captain's Corner. I did not see where the Shore Excursion Office and adjacent area are located. No area views of the Exploration's Cafe or whatever is left of the Library are shown.

But, as I just said, I am encouraged by what I see.

Another thread said that Captains Corner is now the video room. HAL said there would be a viewing room with 100 inch screen for destination videos.

Another thread said that Captains Corner is now the video room. HAL said there would be a viewing room with 100 inch screen for destination videos.

Just off the westerdamn and that is exactly what is in the captain's corner. The very limited library is on one wall in the same room.

Hi ,

How did you find the service? We were on end of May right out of dry dock...service was not good neither was the food. How did you find it. We are looking at an Alaska cruise next year but it is Westerdam and I am hesitant due to our experience.

Thanks

Just off the westerdamn and that is exactly what is in the captain's corner. The very limited library is on one wall in the same room.

A Video Room in what was the elegant Captain's Corner? I can't imagine that there would be much wall space for books, either.

Without experiencing such, a very short-sighted and poor decision on the part of whomever(s) in Seattle to make such a radical change! That is my opinion. When/if, I am able to experience these EXC alterations to the Crow's Nest, I may change my mind. And, if so, I will communicate such on CC.

Here's a larger picture of the the Crow's Nest renovation. You can see that there are still bar stools if you look at the upper right corner of the photo. Hopefully someone will take a comprehensive set of pix for us.

1f6dcb8e54c25835719c95345c7551da.jpg