Stopping complimentary afternoon tea in mdr?

davenew

However on the old QE2 I did have afternoon tea and that was special.

My experience on Queen Elizabeth this week is Cunard's afternoon tea is not a patch on P&O's.

It is an awful production line affair because they need to turn the tables to meet the demand.

There is no encouragement to stay, or repeated offerings from the waiters. Cakes are not in stands on the table, but huge catering trays carried by the waiters.

No choice of type of tea, and if you ask for something other than the standard, the waiters are clearly not happy.

We usually have it instead of lunch if we are late back and I have to say that it has always been pleasant in the past. Nice hot scones and toasted tea cakes, never have the cakes as they don't appeal to me.

Glad to hear that is was still on Aurora last week.

This is what I would do as I don't want lunch as well.

Time for a new thread? How about - "I heard in a lift that P&O are planning to permanently berth all their ships on the Thames and operate them as floating hotels with nightclubs - can anyone prove this is not the case?"

I was in the same lift.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Time for a new thread? How about - "I heard in a lift that P&O are planning to permanently berth all their ships on the Thames and operate them as floating hotels with nightclubs - can anyone prove this is not the case?"

Nearly correct, I heard the ships were being moored in the Ye Olde River Thames as floating migrant hostels and when full will transport the said people to the Colonies. :')

So glad to hear it was just another of those rumours that seem to abound on cruise ships. Why is it that when anyone says, "I've heard that P&O are......." they automatically believe what they are told, then take to the internet and spread said rumour? Is it that we just love being the bearers of bad news? Another constant rumour about Oriana being for sale is on its rounds again at the moment - it's a non- story. Ship brokers constantly advertise ships for sale and if they get a bite they'll then contact the owners and say how about it, are you interested? It amazes me that people can offer things for sale when they are not the owners!

The problem is that in this case it was not a rumour for those affected on that particular cruise, it was a fact of their cruise experience. They then reported what had happened on their cruise. It's the extrapolation that is the issue.

Cruise ships have always been hot beds of gossip, it is like a small village.

How often have you heard on a cruise ship that someone somewhere has been put off the ship for bad behaviour? It's s perennial and I generally find that hard to believe and have treated it as rumour unless I saw the culprit being marched off the ship. However someone, somewhere on the ship may have seen the "punch up" first hand which means they are reporting what they saw and not spreading rumours.

According to a couple of recent reviews on the main review page here there have been raised voices, fists and in one case a shall we say less than hygienic use of the jacuzzi by a couple - I wonder if anyone actually witnessed that one ( ooooh horrible thought).

If I am unsure of something and it matters to me, I tend to go to the source for information.

The problem is that in this case it was not a rumour for those affected on that particular cruise, it was a fact of their cruise experience. They then reported what had happened on their cruise. It's the extrapolation that is the issue.

Cruise ships have always been hot beds of gossip, it is like a small village.

How often have you heard on a cruise ship that someone somewhere has been put off the ship for bad behaviour? It's s perennial and I generally find that hard to believe and have treated it as rumour unless I saw the culprit being marched off the ship. However someone, somewhere on the ship may have seen the "punch up" first hand which means they are reporting what they saw and not spreading rumours.

According to a couple of recent reviews on the main review page here there have been raised voices, fists and in one case a shall we say less than hygienic use of the jacuzzi by a couple - I wonder if anyone actually witnessed that one ( ooooh horrible thought).

If I am unsure of something and it matters to me, I tend to go to the source for information.

However it may have been true for someone on the ship or it may have been a misunderstanding by someone. We cannot tell as the information came to us on this site as 2nd or 3rd hand. We do not even know if the person on the original discussion was directly involved in not getting afternoon tea or had just heard about it.

Anyway non of that matters it is not being stopped and Afternoon Tea on the MDR is alive and well. So the 100 or so who use it will be happy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How often have you heard on a cruise ship that someone somewhere has been put off the ship for bad behaviour? It's s perennial and I generally find that hard to believe and have treated it as rumour unless I saw the culprit being marched off the ship.

I believe it when the captain comes on the PA and says it has been done - which has happened to me (ie I heard it, not I was put off!)