Stopping complimentary afternoon tea in mdr?

davenew

Well I have stayed out of this daft thread until I could give some facts. Afternoon tea is available on Aurora as of today a friend is now on her and has just confirmed this to be the case. I will be on Britannia in a month or so and I will report on that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Dai that will be really helpful. An earlier poster confirmed that still in the MDR on Aurora as well.

Don't think the thread is so daft as I presume that the original posts re Brittania are correct? However if you or others can give first hand information that would be great.

If customer services had a better reputation for complete accuracy we would all take what they said as the gospal, however......

Contents I have sent and replies received by PM to P&O on Facebook-

Me - Can you confirm that afternoon tea in MDR on Britannia has stopped and if it has is this going to be spread across the fleet.

P&O - Thank you for your message. We can confirm that the afternoon tea is still running on all of our ships, including Britannia.

Me - Does that include afternoon tea in MDR

P&O - The Britannia, Azura and Ventura hold the afternoon tea in the Epicurean restaurant

Me - Which is payable so the free afternoon tea in MDR is no longer available which is what I asked in my original question

P&O - As far as I am aware we have not made any changes to the complimentary afternoon tea service which is available in the MDR

Me - Somebody has only recently returned from Britannia and said afternoon tea in MDR was stopped halfway through the cruise and they were told that it will no longer available

P&O - How very odd! I will be sure to double check this with our team who organise this. I understand that sometimes we are unable to run this service for operational reason so perhaps this is what happened. We will provide an update when we know more.

The above conversation took place last Mon/Tues and as of yet they have not replied to me so make of that whatever you want. To me they are hoping that I will have forgotten and do not need to give a definitive answer.

Edited by majortom10

Contents I have sent and replies received by PM to P&O on Facebook-

Me - Can you confirm that afternoon tea in MDR on Britannia has stopped and if it has is this going to be spread across the fleet.

P&O - Thank you for your message. We can confirm that the afternoon tea is still running on all of our ships, including Britannia.

Me - Does that include afternoon tea in MDR

P&O - The Britannia, Azura and Ventura hold the afternoon tea in the Epicurean restaurant

Me - Which is payable so the free afternoon tea in MDR is no longer available which is what I asked in my original question

P&O - As far as I am aware we have not made any changes to the complimentary afternoon tea service which is available in the MDR

Me - Somebody has only recently returned from Britannia and said afternoon tea in MDR was stopped halfway through the cruise and they were told that it will no longer available

P&O - How very odd! I will be sure to double check this with our team who organise this. I understand that sometimes we are unable to run this service for operational reason so perhaps this is what happened. We will provide an update when we know more.

The above conversation took place last Mon/Tues and as of yet they have not replied to me so make of that whatever you want. To me they are hoping that I will have forgotten and do not need to give a definitive answer.

Like your persistence.

I guess you were talking to Capt Foboff

After all the tripe about P&O cutting things out I can now confirm that the free afternoon tea is still available in the MDR in fact I understand it is in the Oriental restaurant.

So again people have jumped in with both feet to castigate P&O on a false rumour. We had it with the loss of channels on the TVs and now with the afternoon tea.

I do hope people will learn from this and be a little more careful with their condemnation.

Dai.

Totally agree, gradually little by little P & O have eroded what cruising was all about and introduced floating Blackpools. There is room, surely, within the fleet to accommodate that level of service, dress codes etc. But, it all boils down to profits of course.

Look at that wrong again.

Could you qualify that comment in a manner that is understandable.

Sent from my iPad using For

Once again, because someone doesn't agree with you sink to sarcasm. I hold by my comment, some of the ships have become floating Blackpools and some services have been reduced, dress codes etc. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

Could you qualify that comment in a manner that is understandable.

Sent from my iPad using For

Once again, because someone doesn't agree with you sink to sarcasm. I hold by my comment, some of the ships have become floating Blackpools and some services have been reduced, dress codes etc. I'm sorry if you don't agree.

Why because you joined on with a thread knocking P&O which was false, again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Why because you joined on with a thread knocking P&O which was false, again.

No, I gave an opinion, which even you, ought to agree on. Certain things have changed, either for good or bad. In my opinion, and others agreed, sometimes they seem unnecessary. If you don't like my opinions and if they don't agree with yours, accept it that's life!

No, I gave an opinion, which even you, ought to agree on. Certain things have changed, either for good or bad. In my opinion, and others agreed, sometimes they seem unnecessary. If you don't like my opinions and if they don't agree with yours, accept it that's life!

You agreed with the statement about services being withdrawn when they have not been. The whole thread is based on false information which people have taken as fact.

You agreed with the statement about services being withdrawn when they have not been. The whole thread is based on false information which people have taken as fact.

Dai, The fact that someone posted on here at the top of the thread that it had been withdrawn from Britannia, it is reasonable to believe that it has been, how can you be sure that it hasn't been ?

Dai, The fact that someone posted on here at the top of the thread that it had been withdrawn from Britannia, it is reasonable to believe that it has been, how can you be sure that it hasn't been ?

Because a friend is on the current cruise and I have contacted her and she says that it is available as usual. Also it is available on Aurora as another friend confirmed.

Afternoon tea (free) is alive and well on Britannia.

Because a friend is on the current cruise and I have contacted her and she says that it is available as usual. Also it is available on Aurora as another friend confirmed.

Afternoon tea (free) is alive and well on Britannia.

thanks, good to know.

Just remember, that while you do not agree with a statement, it does not make that statement false[emoji27]

Just remember, that while you do not agree with a statement, it does not make that statement false[emoji27]

Agree, but the statement that afternoon tea is no longer available free in the MDR is wrong.

BTW I see CC is now acting up and we appear to be answering our own posts. Well we are on my IPad.

The whole thread is based on postings from the P&O Britannia Face book page. Clearly some current cruisers were reporting that the complimentary afternoon tea was not available in the MDR on their cruise, and only available in the Horizon - clearly, that is NOT false information, but a statement of fact..

The whole thread is based on postings from the P&O Britannia Face book page. Clearly some current cruisers were reporting that the complimentary afternoon tea was not available in the MDR on their cruise, and only available in the Horizon - clearly, that is NOT false information, but a statement of fact..

Which is not now the case as of Britannia yesterday.

Perhaps the people on the FB page got it wrong in the first place.

OR as Uncle Donald T would say...FAKE NEWS !!:p

Or maybe P&O were testing the water.

I don't believe the amount of people commenting on FB could all be wrong.

I will make my own judgement in August, but that will be from Ventura and not Britannia

Or maybe P&O were testing the water.

I don't believe the amount of people commenting on FB could all be wrong.

I will make my own judgement in August, but that will be from Ventura and not Britannia

Sorry Dave but you have seen how many people have commented on here on something which was wrong. People just jump in with both feet without thinking.

I have friends on two ships at the moment saying nothing has changed.

Sorry Dave but you have seen how many people have commented on here on something which was wrong. People just jump in with both feet without thinking.

I have friends on two ships at the moment saying nothing has changed.

I appreciate that Dai, but I was the thread starter, and asked if people currently cruising would confirm if it was true, as we both like the experience of the MDR afternoon tea (at least once) but we do not like the Eric Lanlard's version.

I appreciate that Dai, but I was the thread starter, and asked if people currently cruising would confirm if it was true, as we both like the experience of the MDR afternoon tea (at least once) but we do not like the Eric Lanlard's version.

Yes we have afternoon tea once in the MDR, but no lunch. If I went to EL's I would not want any dinner.

While I cannot comment about the tea situation on Britannia as I have no direct knowledge of the situation, I would be surprised if such a British event as Tea Service was being withdrawn. P&O empahsises its Britishness and the British Tea Time is renown all over the world. What I would comment on is the number of incorrect comments made on various Facebook threads. I have read all sorts of things that are just wrong. I have heard how P&O do not allow you to take alcohol on board and it will be removed at check in, I have read comments about individual ships which are wrong. I'm always surprised at people asking very basic questions after they have booked a cruise - e.g. Does P&O have a dress code? I find it very surprising that people seem to book a cruise without the most basic knowledge about what they are booking. Why don't people look at the P&O website, look at a brochure before booking their cruise? I certainly wouldn't rely on any Facebook comment as being correct. Forums like this one are useful because people who have been on the ships many times do have a wealth of knowledge and can help new cruisers. I am always wary of any comments that begin "I have heard that....." One recent example is that comment that Sky News was being removed from the TVs on P&O ships - turned out to be wrong. Be careful when things are just rumours.