Silver Benefits

jag60uk

Thank you, ab21au, Chairsin and Frantic for advising that you have your docs' and when they arrived. I have contacted UK travel agent who assured me the parcel was sent on the 6th June. All being well we should receive them next week.

Emailed a request for tags etc Patti final word is , posted 6th June expect 10 days delay to Australia. If not received by 19th June make contact again. Thus far we have had good service, I'm confident the package will arrive before we leave home. Thanks for informing me you have your tags an doc's, it is a good indicator. Jenny

Ours came 2nd class small parcel as per eBay speak:D - everything is still coming in the iPad size case so that's probably why it is taking that bit longer.

Are you spending some time in Europe before your cruise again?

Our 'third passenger' has been in the hospital but has now been given the all clear to travel so those Riviera hills are beckoning :')

Was the third party in hospital for a speed transplant? I hope it was not for Grandpa gear for those Riviera Hills

It is likely you are correct about the delay in the posting.

We are leaving our winter behind on the 29th June, spending 5 nights in Milan and 3 nights in Rome before boarding in Citavecchia

Was not happy to see that silver is only one bag and not per week. Are those benefits per person so that if DW and I are both Silver, we can both choose laundry and get 2 bags for free??

Thanks in advance,

Sorry - you have to build up your benefits. That's why it's called a Loyalty Program;). However, yes you can both choose the one bag laundry deal as your benefit, so you get two for the trip. And, it's amazing just how much you can pack in to a bag if you roll it tightly - underwear, tee shirts, socks, short, jeans, etc. Allegedly, the top score to date is 52 separate items!

Doesn't matter how tightly you roll/fold. Everything will come back beautifully washed and pressed either folded for underwear etc or on hangers for shirts, tees, trousers.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Today we received our bonvoyage package at last. We thought that we had been upgraded in our loyalty status as we received Platinum luggage tags. No such luck and definitely not expect but a glimmer of hope only to be dashed . Anyway shiny Silver will be okay as all loyalty levels still only get one bag of free laundry. We are now counting down the days to departure and few weeks to sail away.

Not long to go now, Jenny. Keep your eye out for us in Barcelona.

Only one week to lift off across the Continents. Haircut done, packing prep' today, spirits raised, excited to experience Seabourn hospitality again. Wonderful sights scenes and warm Mediterranean sunshine. Certainly will keep our eyes peeled for you in Barcelona Pattie. Travel safe and enjoy Barcelona pre cruise. Jenny

Dallidowner I stand Corrected. Regretably one bag of laundry and no laundry facilities for an 18 day cruise is disappointing. Our 18 day Cruise is actually 2 itineraries 8 and 10 day cruises is there any leverage in this fact?

Our 18 day Cruise is actually 2 itineraries 8 and 10 day cruises is there any leverage in this fact?

Is your cruise booked as a back-to-back with a single booking number? If so, definitely no leverage.

Even if it's booked as two separate cruises with 2 booking numbers, officially still only 1 bag for the "voyage", which is defined as a voyage of the full length (18 days in your case). However, I have seen guests (Gold, in this particular case) arguing like crazy at Seabourn Square and escalating to management, who finally granted them an exception, which in this case was for an extra internet package. A lot of effort, fighting, and embarrassment, I'd say, for something to which they were not entitled...

We just became eligible for Silver benefits so I have been following this discussion with interest. I have looked at the benefit chart and noticed the fine differences in footnotes, etc. for the bag of laundry varying by benefit level.

However, that is not what the fine print says. Under Terms and Conditions of the Seabourn Club pages on the Seabourn webpage I find the following under Onboard Benefits::

Complimentary Internet: Complimentary internet up to the number of hours indicated per membership level. When logging in on board, guests must select the corresponding package. No refund or credits on unused minutes.

Complimentary Telephone: Complimentary use of telephone up to the number of minutes indicated per membership level. No refund or credits on unused minutes.

Complimentary Laundry: Complimentary bag of standard laundry and pressing. One bag per 7 days sailed, with an additional bag on the first day of the next week on board for sailings of 7+ days. Does not include dry cleaning or same day services.

The description for Internet and Telephone states that the award was "hours indicated per membership level". It does not indicate membership level for laundry. Instead it simply says one bag per 7 days sailed.

We are not going out on a cruise soon so I am not in a position to argue the case effectively for laundry every 7 days - but I hope someone else who is Silver level can bring this up and push the matter...

We certainly could have used laundry every seven days on the 21 day cruise we were on three weeks ago.

We're Silver and I wish it was one free load per seven days but those Terms and Conditions are dated 2012 and I am willing to bet if you called the Seabourn Club, they'd tell you they're no longer valid or it's just an error since everywhere else it shows one bag per cruise regardless of length. In fact, I just found it in yet another place ... click on this link, then click on Frequently Asked Questions and scroll down to Item 32 (found under On Board Benefits) which goes into even more detail re: laundry and dry cleaning:

https://www.seabourn.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=seabourn.club&showHeader=true&showFooter=true#14

We're Silver and I wish it was one free load per seven days but those Terms and Conditions are dated 2012 and I am willing to bet if you called the Seabourn Club, they'd tell you they're no longer valid or it's just an error since everywhere else it shows one bag per cruise regardless of length. In fact, I just found it in yet another place ... click on this link, then click on Frequently Asked Questions and scroll down to Item 32 (found under On Board Benefits) which goes into even more detail re: laundry and dry cleaning:

https://www.seabourn.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=seabourn.club&showHeader=true&showFooter=true#14

I understand there are inconsistencies. I am only stating that this is a means to advocate for laundry if you wish to. This is one time where the fine print benefits the customer.

All through the web pages you are referred to the Terms and Conditions. In fact they supersede. Sure, it can be changed, but it is what Seabourn has stated now. It is not quite the same authority of the Cruise Contract, but it is what Seabourn says is the rules of their loyalty program under Seabourn Club.

I understand there are inconsistencies. I am only stating that this is a means to advocate for laundry if you wish to. This is one time where the fine print benefits the customer.

All through the web pages you are referred to the Terms and Conditions. In fact they supersede. Sure, it can be changed, but it is what Seabourn has stated now. It is not quite the same authority of the Cruise Contract, but it is what Seabourn says is the rules of their loyalty program under Seabourn Club.

Good point! Think I'm going to call the Seabourn Club today since we'll be on a 14 night cruise in August and having an extra free load of laundry would be much appreciated IF they'll honor their own Terms and Conditions.

Just talked to Shannon at the Seabourn Club - and although it's not specified in the Terms and Conditions clearly (she agreed, it is not), she assured me that at the Silver level, it is only one complimentary load per cruise, regardless of the length. She also checked with her lead to see if they had any idea when the T&Cs would be updated since I'm not the first person to bring it up but they don't know ... am guessing it's not a high priority. In any case, I'm happy with the one we're getting and will either pay for a second load or use the self-laundry on a sea day.

Slightly off topic, but I is there any recognition if you attain a new level during the cruise? We'll attain enough days to go from silver to gold during our upcoming cruise.

Slightly off topic, but I is there any recognition if you attain a new level during the cruise? We'll attain enough days to go from silver to gold during our upcoming cruise.
We're in the same position and we're both out of luck. Per FAQ #14 for SB Club:

14. If a guest becomes eligible for a higher Membership level while on board, when can they take advantage of the additional benefits?

The next level of benefits will be available to the guest on their next Seabourn cruise.

Thank you everyone for your responses. We are reluctantly resigned to the laundry situation. It is not our style to make demands or fuss when there are published rules. There is however never any harm in asking if possibilities will avail you of loyalty bonuses. Feed back is usually asked for during cruising and therefore with civility the subject of loyalty and laundry will definitely be aired.

14. If a guest becomes eligible for a higher Membership level while on board, when can they take advantage of the additional benefits?

The next level of benefits will be available to the guest on their next Seabourn cruise.

Not sure if Seabourn would do the same but on our last HAL cruise which was 14 nights, we were only 1 point short of moving to the next level so I called the Mariner's Society before we sailed to pose the same question and was told that in fact they would approve it and would notify the ship to reissue us a new key card at the new level, with accompanying benefits, starting on Day 2 ... and they did! I mention this because if someone is within a point or two of moving to the next level, perhaps a phone call will get you the same results since HAL and Seabourn are sister companies and have the same "rule". No guarantees of course but couldn't hurt to ask.

Jenny,

I hope you have wonderful cruise. As to the laundry issue -- the best solution for the one bag per cruise issue is to book more cruises so you move up to the next level!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the few "nice" things that Regent does. If you'll move up in their club on any day of your cruise (even at the conclusion) you sail the entire cruise at the new higher category level.