Celebrity Edge Stateroom Advice

chowna

We love aft cabins as well, and have a SV booked on edge in February, 2019. I still am not sure how I feel about the infinity verandas—seem more like a sunroom than a balcony. Here is a picture of what appears to be an aft cabin. This may be an aft suite, but the balcony is probably similar. For what is is worth, I have been told that all aft balconies/verandahs do NOT have the infinity "windows."717b675bc8e070e11a9747524a036f03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a regular balcony cabin. a suite would be larger with a bigger bathroom and cabin. We are doing an infinite balcony like the idea of being able to have both a larger stateroom or balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

We just booked an Aqua cabin on Edge on board the Equinox. We were told that we would have all the Aqua amenities we are used to, including Blu. Just don't know where it will be located yet. Also wondering where the Persian Gardens will be located. I hope they have the same windows as the S class ships have. We love Blu and ate all our meals there on our Oct. cruise.

We just booked an Aqua cabin on Edge on board the Equinox. We were told that we would have all the Aqua amenities we are used to, including Blu. Just don't know where it will be located yet. Also wondering where the Persian Gardens will be located. I hope they have the same windows as the S class ships have. We love Blu and ate all our meals there on our Oct. cruise.

We are also fans of AQ and BLU..looking forward to the reveal of these areas as well. Hoping we like the Infinite balcony arrangement b/c that's what we will have,

Our bed will be next to the balc...not a fav layout but that's what was available when we booked,

I'd need to see an infinite veranda in the flesh to have any meaningful thoughts, but whist I think they're a great idea for cold weather itineraries such as Alaska and the Antarctic I get the feeling I'd feel closed in anywhere else. They look a bit restrictive from what I've seen so far. I don't think I'd appreciate one in the Caribbean.

Looking forward to the infinite balcony. Makes the entire cabin bigger- a great idea- Also enclosed so it can be used even in the rain- If the prices come down, will upgrade to a Sky suite! We are doing a b/2/b so currently prices too high.

The Sky Suites look beautiful--and I do like the additional space--but assume you realize that they do not feature an Infinite Veranda... For me, it was one of two major considerations in booking AquaClass [i do like Blu; in the minority, I'm not a fan of the Luminae menu even with access to the MDR menu (to my mind, sort of defeats the purpose of paying suite prices)] instead...

I'm holding two reservations on Edge too--six weeks apart--but, with the way the ship is selling and prices have substantially risen, I'm not particularly optimistic [though anything can happen] that prices will soften during inaugural season...

The Sky Suites look beautiful--and I do like the additional space--but assume you realize that they do not feature an Infinite Veranda... For me, it was one of two major considerations in booking AquaClass [i do like Blu; in the minority, I'm not a fan of the Luminae menu even with access to the MDR menu (to my mind, sort of defeats the purpose of paying suite prices)] instead...

I'm holding two reservations on Edge too--six weeks apart--but, with the way the ship is selling and prices have substantially risen, I'm not particularly optimistic [though anything can happen] that prices will soften during inaugural season...

The best part of Luminae is that the tables are spaced much further apart then Blu- we are not fans of blu food- but found really disturbing that we were on top of other tables for two. The waiters were serving food over us to the tables next to us! We enjoy dining alone. Of course the edge set-up could be better then the S or M class ships.

We want a sky suite as we really enjoy the access to suite benefits including Michaels club. I also believe that the Edge will have more suite perks. However, we like to cruise at least four times a year, and currently the sky suite prices are out of our price range. I am not willing to sail one week in a sky suite on the Edge rather then doing a back to back in an infinite balcony and dine at least five times a week in specialty restaurants on each cruise.

The best part of Luminae is that the tables are spaced much further apart then Blu- we are not fans of blu food- but found really disturbing that we were on top of other tables for two. The waiters were serving food over us to the tables next to us! We enjoy dining alone. Of course the edge set-up could be better then the S or M class ships.

We want a sky suite as we really enjoy the access to suite benefits including Michaels club. I also believe that the Edge will have more suite perks. However, we like to cruise at least four times a year, and currently the sky suite prices are out of our price range. I am not willing to sail one week in a sky suite on the Edge rather then doing a back to back in an infinite balcony and dine at least five times a week in specialty restaurants on each cruise.

You must be the unluckiest Celebrity passenger ever. First you had screaming kids in Luminae and then waiters leaning over you in Blu.

Never had either of those experiences, not even close, thankfully.

As to the poster who mentioned the Luminae menu, have you eaten there? Luminae lets itself down with the menu. If I were reading it I'd also be disappointed. What arrives on your table often bears little resemblance to what you imagined based on the poor description written on the menu. Thankfully it's almost always better than what you'd imagine. Also, you don't just have access to the MDR menu, you can request to see the menus for any day and if there isn't anything you want ask them to cook what ever you do want and go off menu. We do with excellent results.

You must be the unluckiest Celebrity passenger ever. First you had screaming kids in Luminae and then waiters leaning over you in Blu.

Never had either of those experiences, not even close, thankfully.

As to the poster who mentioned the Luminae menu, have you eaten there? Luminae lets itself down with the menu. If I were reading it I'd also be disappointed. What arrives on your table often bears little resemblance to what you imagined based on the poor description written on the menu. Thankfully it's almost always better than what you'd imagine. Also, you don't just have access to the MDR menu, you can request to see the menus for any day and if there isn't anything you want ask them to cook what ever you do want and go off menu. We do with excellent results.

Unfortunately we have had bad luck a couple of times, but I guess have cruised about 50 times it is bound to happen! We also typically sail peak periods, when kids are off- So our last August cruise on the summit was filled with families with little babies and young kids. When my DH got a raw bacon sandwich in Luminae that was a real turn off! We sent it back of course. But we did eat a few times in that restaurant-Breakfast was typically ok. We usually sail in a Sky suite or a Celebrity suite-depending upon price difference. So since it was introduced, we are familiar with Luminae on many ships. We have dined in Blu multiple times when blu was introduced on board the celebrity ships. So we are very familiar with the blu menues.

When we sail on Celebrity or Royal, our goal is to get rest and relaxation, and enjoy each others company. We enjoy visiting great beaches and spending the day together on them. We love the ships martini's, especially the Martini bar on Celebrity ships, as we are "cruise drinkers". If the food and entertainment are good-that is a real plus!

Since the edge is a new ship, we are looking forward to a new adventure on what we imagine will be a beautiful ship. Will probably be dining often in the Specialty restaurants, as we aren't in a suite- but two weeks on a new ship should be worth it! I will miss Michael's club and be spending more time I am sure at the Martini bar- if the ship has it.

Having said all- I would rather be on a cruise ship then home dining daily in a five star restaurant and going to work! LOL

Edited by Cruise a holic

I've dined in Luminae--twice for a total of fourteen nights--since the dining room was first introduced for suite guests...

• For me, the primary issue comes down to the rather limited number of Luminae-specific offerings with a very heavy emphasis on fin fish [i'm allergic to all] and seafood [i'm allergic to most; for some reason, I can tolerate shrimp] at dinner... When I've struggled to make a selection, the wait staff has always offered me the Main Dining Room menu as an alternative but has never mentioned the opportunity to go "off menu"... Good to know should I book suite-class in the future...
  • I must admit that my enduring lack of enthusiasm for Luminae further relates to a poor initial impression of service--specifically from the Maitre 'D--there... Upon boarding my first cruise with suite dining in 2015, I headed to Luminae for lunch and asked to book a standing dinner reservation--same time every night--starting that evening... He dismissed the need for doing so and told me to "just show up"... When I "showed up" at precisely the time I'd requested [6:30] that evening, the same Maitre 'D--without so much as an acknowledgement of our earlier discussion--told me that the dining room was full [tables were available; I was told that they'd been reserved!] and that I ought come back in forty to sixty minutes [no pager was offered]... Mistakes happen and--with the line at Blu also backlogged--I had a very satisfactory dinner in The Ocean View [medically, I needed to eat; related dietary issues also influence my selections] but will always believe--rightly or wrongly--that some of my experience related to the fact that I was traveling solo [at full Single Supplement] that cruise... Unfortunately, first impressions--and I've not encountered the same Maitre 'D since [or before]--can be lasting ones; I'm not filled with self-importance but I've never had a similar experience--anywhere--aboard a Celebrity ship...
  • Last year's return to Luminae was better but sometimes food service was, to my mind, exceedingly slow...

I know that my assessment is not widely held and that tastes/preferences differ... But with 17 cruises [215 nights] in AquaClass/Blu down and another five cruises [46 nights] similarly booked, it is what I know/enjoy and it has consistently worked--from both a food and service perspective--perfectly for me... Ironically, the only time I've been offered the standing opportunity to go "off menu"--I did so only once--occurred in Blu during an extended period [multiple consecutive sailings] aboard...

Thanks for asking and for your insights... Please don't take this wrong but, about eleven months ago, I was fortunate enough to get to top loyalty tier with Captain’s Club—never expected to do so—and the perks are such that there are few if any incentives [for me, Luminae is not important; the extra space that comes with Suite occupancy is nice but not essential; seemingly we’ll be granted access to The Retreat on Edge (other than Luminae if that’s where it is located); I am a shareowner] to book any stateroom category under “Go Big, Go Better, Go Best” pricing since doing so—yes, I nonetheless still book AquaClass—dilutes the value of the loyalty benefits while increasing my cost… On balance, I prefer to cruise more often rather than exhaust my travel budget on upscale accommodation...

Seems to me that we both recently contributed to a current thread relative to Michael’s Club access and Captain’s Club benefits… Know that “getting there” is a good part of the fun; best wishes…

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! Sailing with my parents on the second sailing of the Edge in Dec 2018. They are booked in a regular balcony cabin on Deck 7 waaaay aft. Second or third from the very end. Does anyone think they are likely to be hearing a lot of noise from Eden?

We're a little farther forward, so we won't, but they didn't want an Infinite Balcony. Thoughts?

I see no problem during the day. Evening may be a different story depending the volume of the low frequency sound from the performances. Complete speculation at this point. I'd be more concerned with those cabins on 7 directly above Eden. But we're not talking disco until 2 am, simply evening performances.

If you guys are sailing three in a cabin, the Infinite veranda makes sense. You will have more room in the cabin when you open the folding balcony doors. You might also find a better location for you cabin and the price is similar. Maybe if your parents try to reserve the infinite veranda- they will change their mind.

Enjoy your cruise.

If you guys are sailing three in a cabin, the Infinite veranda makes sense. You will have more room in the cabin when you open the folding balcony doors.

Yeah, I tried. It's new, and they like things the way they know. Oh well, we have an infinite, and I moved them to far forward. So excited to see the new ship!

Thanks for the info, everyone! :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Anyone know how to tell from the deck plans if the infinite veranda cabins have the bed next to the "balcony" or not? 50% do and 50% don't.

Look for the indentation along the wall where a bed would fit. If the wall juts out near the balcony the bed will be near the balcony and near the door it will be by the Bathroom.

We are booked in AQ with bed by balc...could not change it

to our preferred bed by bath. . I hope that configuration does not overly cut the room in half. The folding doors have to go somewhere??????

Btw..keeping balc doors open impacts other cabins with a whooshing noise into the hallway and is discouraged by cruise line for other reasons!

For AQ Infinite balc...I'd say bed by bathrm is better, it gives a more spacious feel ..we goofed and booked the bed by balc. .you can tell by the little notches on the deck plans..It was too late to change..not that many AQ staterooms and few are obstructed view...

I see the notches on the deck plans, but which is which? If the notch is at the top, is the bed next to the balcony or the bathroom? We, too, prefer the bed next to the bath but when we booked this cruise more than a year ago, they had no information on the room setup.