New changes from our recent cruise from 20 something Princess cruises.

grandsmack

Just a personal observation, but all of this consternation over a couple of punches on a coffee card?

Bob

For me it's another example of inconsistency on Princess ships that should be standardized on all of their ships.

For me it's another example of inconsistency on Princess ships that should be standardized on all of their ships.

God point Frank. Probably would be a lot less grief if many things were standardized on Princess ships.....:):):)

Bob

Thanks for coming back to clarify. Good to know your grandchildren enjoyed their hot chocolate and gelato in spite of that final encounter. Did that manager seriously think that claiming you had been "undercharged" for all the previous scoops would make you feel better about subsequently being overcharged? Just a terrible attempt at justifying his creating a totally unjustified problem. Again it sounds like a manager who preaches "policy first" rather than empowering the crewmembers that deal directly with the passengers to resolve issues in the passengers' favor. But thankfully atypical of most of the crew on Princess.

We were on this same cruise and noted this behavior generally. What a marked difference after 2 weeks on the Coral. It likely was higher up the management chain on the Emerald. Don't recall having had as many stupid excuses, "let me go ask my supervisor", "No we can't do that" or similar responses when asking for stuff we always get on other ships.

If that's the procedure then Princess HQ needs to standardize the price on all ships which has been $1.50 for 3 scoops at the IC on my cruises. I realize that how some things are done can vary by ship but prices should not vary at all. And a standardized number of punches is the same as a standardized fee.

I still believe the problem was due to uninformed crewmembers who require additional training & would have reported the overcharging situation to the F&B manager.

I had a big discussion on the Emerald with the supervisor & he was certain that their pricing was correct.

Just a personal observation, but all of this consternation over a couple of punches on a coffee card?

Bob

When they raise the price of something by a factor of 3, then yes it's time to give your opinion.

How about 1/2 of all your coffee card punches for 3 scoops. Does that sound OK. ;p

I had a big discussion on the Emerald with the supervisor & he was certain that their pricing was correct.

When they raise the price of something by a factor of 3, then yes it's time to give your opinion.

How about 1/2 of all your coffee card punches for 3 scoops. Does that sound OK. ;p

I always try and get the AIBP so that's never a problem for me.....:D:D:D

Bob

We were on the Emerald last week in Alaska. We were traveling with our four young grandchildren.

Being in two cabins we each traded in our elite bar set up for coffee cards (4 total). This allowed each grandchild to use a card for free hot chocolate and the occasional Gelato. I know it's not a bargin to use a coffee punch for a $1.50 Gelato, but this week I really didn't care because three kids got to enjoy a scoop of gelato, and I have so many coffee cards.

It wasnt until the last afternoon that the server said it would be three punches on the card or $1.50 charge. When I said this had not happened any other time this week, she said this was their policy. I wanted clarification, so she got the manager, he agreed that their policy was one punch for one scoop and that other servers had been wrong to only punch the coffe card once for three scoops. Asking if I could see the policy, he threw up his hands and told the server to just punch the card once. At least the grandkids were happy and enjoyed their last gelato.

Just curious why you think a policy has to be written down, to be legitimate? Wouldn't have been less heart burn just to either pay the $1.50 or let them punch out the card since it was the last day? Not trying to be terse at all, just trying to understand the thought process/

Bob

I know right? I'm too busy having fun and relaxing to worry about how many punches are on my card and I certainly wouldn't waste a supervisor's or crew's time over it. I just wouldn't get the gelato, or just pay for it out right.:rolleyes:

I know right? I'm too busy having fun and relaxing to worry about how many punches are on my card and I certainly wouldn't waste a supervisor's or crew's time over it. I just wouldn't get the gelato, or just pay for it out right.:rolleyes:

Princess loves cruisers like you. :D

But if I don't like Gelato.....:D:D:D

Bob

That's not really what I was after.

With the AIBP does it include unlimited Gelato? I didn't think it did.

Just curious.

Princess loves cruisers like you. :D

That's not really what I was after.

With the AIBP does it include unlimited Gelato? I didn't think it did.

Just curious.

Not sure, but probably not......:):D:)

Bob

I don't get it. How much training does one need to understand the pricing in one's own area of work? If a price change occurs or a particular service changes, why can't the crew have a place where these notices are posted and require them to review each day? It doesn't require specialized training; it just requires taking the time to READ the notice.

It shouldn't be the responsibility of the cruiser to show the rules nor know when the rules change. When there is a change -- post it where everyone can see it...both sides of the counter.

{AGHAST!!} :eek:

That's almost as bad as saying you don't like (genuflect here) Best Foods mayonnaise!!

:D

My wife's crazy sisters only eat <shudder> Miracle Whip. Fortunately my wife is wiser.

I've never even tasted Gelato. :p

I've never even tasted Gelato. :p

If you're ever in Italy you should try their amazing gelato; Princess describes their gelato as Premium Ice Cream & for me it cannot compare to in Italy.

While I enjoy the Princess gelato it's not nearly as tasty as the Italia gelato. :D

If you're ever in Italy you should try their amazing gelato; Princess describes their gelato as Premium Ice Cream & for me it cannot compare to in Italy.

While I enjoy the Princess gelato it's not nearly as tasty as the Italia gelato. :D

Especially in St. Mark's Square.....:):):)

Bob

p.s. My earlier comments about gelato were obviously humor based as I do like it.

Especially in St. Mark's Square.....:):):)

Bob

p.s. My earlier comments about gelato were obviously humor based as I do like it.

I understood your sense of humor although I've had great gelato in Italy from top to toe ;p

We used to buy our Gelato in the inner harbor in Baltimore and it was comparable to anything we had in Italy. Unfortunately the only thing that Princess's Gelato has in common with real Gelato is the name. On the ship it should just called just premium ice cream since it's not anything like real Gelato and definitely not even worth one punch.:(

The ice cream in the DR is just as good.

We used to buy our Gelato in the inner harbor in Baltimore and it was comparable to anything we had in Italy. Unfortunately the only thing that Princess's Gelato has in common with real Gelato is the name. On the ship it should just called just premium ice cream since it's not anything like real Gelato and definitely not even worth one punch.:(

The ice cream in the DR is just as good.

I totally agree with you. I have some Gelato at night only when I need a fix. I'm an ice cream junky. :D

Tony

I totally agree with you. I have some Gelato at night only when I need a fix. I'm an ice cream junky. :D

Tony

When will we be getting gelato in the rowboat? I have my punch card ready:halo:

When will we be getting gelato in the rowboat? I have my punch card ready:halo:

Hi jwattle,

You will not need a punch card every thing on the Rowboat is included. We have the best Gelato on the Rowboat. We are known for it up & down the Charles River in Boston :D.

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

Hi jwattle,

You will not need a punch card every thing on the Rowboat is included. We have the best Gelato on the Rowboat. We are known for it up & down the Charles River in Boston :D.

The Captain of the Rowboat,

Tony

I just received my Rowboat Cookbook!!! It includes the Sea Slurry Stew, as well as both the Green Goo Gelato and the top secret-ish Bottom Feeder Broth Appetizers!! Thank you!