Norwegian Wind 12/6 - 29/6

Silver Spectre

Silver Spectre

We are enjoying the pictures and commentary on this voyage. We were on a similar Cloud itinerary in 2010 with Terry/Ohio, Duct Tape, Mayflower1 and others. That has been by far our favorite cruise so far. We are looking forward to further reports!!

Mr. & Mrs. Silver thanks again for continuing to entertain us while on board the Norwegian Wind voyage. Especially enjoyed the snap of the Tvindefossen waterfall. Hope you enjoy Alesund--look forward to reading what y'all did in this port.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr. & Mrs. Silver thanks again for continuing to entertain us while on board the Norwegian Wind voyage. Especially enjoyed the snap of the Tvindefossen waterfall. Hope you enjoy Alesund--look forward to reading what y'all did in this port.

Hi Wes,

It was raining this morning so we decided to wait and have lunch before leaving the ship. We walked to the the main church, which was closed for a wedding (Daniel however gatecrashed it and showed us the photos this evening). We then walked to the main city museum which is a real gem with wonderful memories of the town before the catastrophic fire of 1904 which destroyed over 800 buildings and razed the town. Wandered around some shops and a main supermarket, produce being very expensive, more than twice the cost back home.

Back to the ship for tea time and finally the sun came out and lit up the town.

Had a lovely dinner in Le Champagne with Daniel and the watched us sail out in almost day light.

A great day!

Really pleased to see that the Wind Le Champagne menu was still in force last night, with the excellent Grand Marnier souffle still available. Way better than the chocolate version on the Whisper.

Peaceful day at sea today heading towards our next port Svolvaer, entered the fjord at about 1pm, fairly narrow close to the entrance.

Excellent lecture by Corey Sandler this afternoon on decoding the Beatles and their lyrics.

Spectacular sail out from Svolvaer this evening and then disappointment that wind is gusting and it is too dangerous to enter the Trollfjord. We turned outside the entrance and are heading on our way to Tromso.

No sign of the Trolls, perhaps lurking elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about missing the Trollfjorden enroute to Tromso Mr. Silver. Thanks for sharing the Svolvaer snaps here and for sharing the interesting Svolvaer FB pix too.

Did you hear any fellow pax talking about Svolvaer excursions. We are interested in any comments about the The Lofoten Skerries by RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boart) excursion. We are currently booked on this speedboat tour of the Svolvaer coast but a bit of coin for just a 1.5 hr tour.

Sorry to hear about missing the Trollfjorden enroute to Tromso Mr. Silver. Thanks for sharing the Svolvaer snaps here and for sharing the interesting Svolvaer FB pix too.

Did you hear any fellow pax talking about Svolvaer excursions. We are interested in any comments about the The Lofoten Skerries by RIB (Rigid Inflatable Boart) excursion. We are currently booked on this speedboat tour of the Svolvaer coast but a bit of coin for just a 1.5 hr tour.

Hi Wes, haven't heard of anyone on that trip yet. Will find out if it was run.

Interesting event this morning. We lost all but the emergency power at about 11:15 for 45 minutes. Not even any water in the suite as it is pressured. It's back on now, just in time for lunch.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Enjoying your pictures and reports. We revisit Norway next month on same itinerary and SS for the first time.

Is there an ipod dock in cabin?

Yes, there is an alarm clock with an iPod dock on top. You can either have the old connection or ask for one with a lightning connection for the new IPods

The Deutschland was replaced by Mein Schiff 3 this afternoon and Honningsvag has suddenly become rather German. About 2,500 in all.
Woah! That's a lot of people for such a little town.

Did you do the King Crab safari? I told Wes that was one of the highlights of our Norway voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, there is an alarm clock with an iPod dock on top. You can either have the old connection or ask for one with a lightning connection for the new IPods

Thank you. Ours is old but we'll be fine then.

CamMag; if your interested there are some terrific private excursions offered by fjordtours.com for our Norway voyage. We booked the Rib boat tour in Svolvaer (starts at 11 a.m vs SS start time at 9:30a.m)--same exact tour SS offers in Svolvaer but $100 less). We also booked a Bergen (leisurely 2 hr) hiking excursion to Mount Floyen.

However, thanks to Mr. Silver's recommendations we r mainly doing SS excursions that he/others highly recommend.

Mr. Silver thanks for allowing me to go off topic a tad.

And loved your Facebook Honningsvag Ice bar pix--bet Mrs. Silver would love to have this pix framed and given to her.

Woah! That's a lot of people for such a little town.

Did you do the King Crab safari? I told Wes that was one of the highlights of our Norway voyage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have friends who did the King Crab tour who absolutely loved it. I think there were only 11 guests on the tour, the Rib ride out was a little rough and rather wet, the King Crabs were apparently delicious.

CamMag; if your interested there are some terrific private excursions offered by fjordtours.com for our Norway voyage. We booked the Rib boat tour in Svolvaer (starts at 11 a.m vs SS start time at 9:30a.m)--same exact tour SS offers in Svolvaer but $100 less). We also booked a Bergen (leisurely 2 hr) hiking excursion to Mount Floyen.

However, thanks to Mr. Silver's recommendations we r mainly doing SS excursions that he/others highly recommend.

Mr. Silver thanks for allowing me to go off topic a tad.

And loved your Facebook Honningsvag Ice bar pix--bet Mrs. Silver would love to have this pix framed and given to her.

Mrs Silver refused to come into the Ice Bar, but did try the two fruit based ice cup drinks when I came out. It was expensive, but worth it to experience the ice bar once. 13.99K for each person. The ice cups were tossed into the harbour with a wish (no more Trolls).