Transfers to Civitavecchia?

Are these things that you can purchase as part of the shore excursions when they open? Or do you do it another way? A friend and I are thinking that will be our best option for getting from Rome to the port next year, but I'm unfamiliar with how you purchase them on RCCL.

Thanks!

Are these things that you can purchase as part of the shore excursions when they open? Or do you do it another way? A friend and I are thinking that will be our best option for getting from Rome to the port next year, but I'm unfamiliar with how you purchase them on RCCL.

Thanks!

If you are staying at a hotel as part of a Royal package, then they would supply transfers. Otherwise, they may only have transfers available from the airport to the port on the day of the cruise.

I'd arrange for transfers on my own. I've seen very good reviews of romeinlimo. Also check with the Italy port of call forum for other ideas.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

The Royal shuttle is pricey - about $100 per person. Try a shared shuttle or private vehicle.

A quick search will display the names of many private vehicle operators.

We used a private transfer in 2011, it cost about 100euro and took us direct from the airport to Hotel Traino in Civitavecchia using a spotless Mercedes minivan, good service. We used http://www.romelimousineplus.com/Index.html

RCIs transfer is very expensive. $75pp.

We got a shared van with others on our RC for €25pp in May

We have also got a transfer with Bobslimos for €75 for 2 last week.

There is no need to pay RCIs cost.

All companies that offer this service are reputable, and efficient.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As we fly in the same day the ship departs in Civi, we booked Royal's transfer for 66€ each person, just to stay safe timewise.

Thanks! How did you book the transfers?

I agree about staying safe time-wise. I was on the Southbound Radiance cruise a few years ago that was delayed until 3:45am because of an accident that shut down the road between Anchorage and Seward for hours. The only reason we waited was because so many of RCCL's transfer buses were affected. We are flying in early, but I would rather have that piece of mind.

Getting back to the airport is not a problem (we are actually looking at airport-area hotels). And riding in a Mercedes doesn't make me feel special - a car is a car.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Theres a train from Rome centre to Civatvecchia centre. 5 mins then to port.

The port gate has moved to the other side of Civitavecchia..... it would be at least a 25 minute walk now.

There is a bus between the train station on the port gate for €2pp

639890b486486fc4a9c775f1d853f35d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

We used a private limo a couple years ago from the port to the airport in Rome and it was only $100 euro. I couldn't find name in my Italy folder. But I found them and others on TripAdvisor. They're a great source. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As we fly in the same day the ship departs in Civi, we booked Royal's transfer for 66€ each person, just to stay safe timewise.

I wouldn't pay that for transfer on a bus, waiting around for other people to arrive. A taxi only cost 120 euros and a number of companies can be booked for a private limo transfer for 110 eg romeshuttle.com, who we've used a couple of times before and will be using again later this year.

You may want to check your roll call. One of the organizers ended up setting up 2 vans. We all met at the Pantheon the day of transfer and had a chance to put faces to roll call names before we got to the ship. We ended up with such a great group of cruisemates for the entire cruise. As I recall it was 20 euros each.