Sting Rays

rocky55

Few hotels offer day passes, so that will be tougher to find. I think there's one reseller that might offer passes, but I personally don't think it's worth the extra since beaches in Cayman are free. Royal Palms just has a minimal entry fee that essentially covers use of the restrooms ad other facilities, but nothing like food or towels. Chairs, umbrellas, etc are extra.

Stingray City is awesome, however, and not to be missed, IMO. I'd do that. You could easily hit the beach for a couple of hours on the way back. Just ask the driver to drop you off at your preferred spot and then grab a cab back to the port afterwards.

Few hotels offer day passes, so that will be tougher to find. I think there's one reseller that might offer passes, but I personally don't think it's worth the extra since beaches in Cayman are free. Royal Palms just has a minimal entry fee that essentially covers use of the restrooms ad other facilities, but nothing like food or towels. Chairs, umbrellas, etc are extra.

Stingray City is awesome, however, and not to be missed, IMO. I'd do that. You could easily hit the beach for a couple of hours on the way back. Just ask the driver to drop you off at your preferred spot and then grab a cab back to the port afterwards.

This is EXACTLY what we are doing. Great advice. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

If you have not been to GC and out to see the rays before...this is a MUST DO while in GC. You can visit resorts/beaches on other ports of call your ship makes but there is no place else I have ever been that compares when it comes to stingray experiences.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi! I know these are completely different excursions but having a hard time deciding between doing Sting Ray City or getting a day pass at a hotel or a royal Palms. Any opinions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looks like you've decided on Stingray City. My wife did it years ago and considering all our travels that tour has remained a highlight for her

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 5 weeks later...

If this is any indication of how I'd advise you, check out my signature: 12 years and counting, and I'd STILL jump at a chance to go play with the 'Rays:hearteyes:. It's a "bucket list" item I recommend to everyone.

I have been researching the earliest and shortest excursions to Stingray City, so that we will be able to get in some beach time.

Our ship has an early arrival and departure. So, timing is important!

I think the earliest I am seeing is Captain Marvin's, 2-stop tour, which should be from 8:30am to 11:00.

We would really prefer a nicer tour, maybe on a catamaran....

If anyone knows of any other good options, to be on the beach by about noon, I would love any recommendations!

We are not greatly interested in these Southern Stingrays... But I think just being out there would be amazing!