Ship as Destination?

Hello,

I am wondering if there is enough going on on the Norwegian Escape to view it as a destination for 7 days (without getting off of the ship)? We are in our mid-30s and are thinking about going on the Norwegian Escape or Celebrity Equinox in a balcony cabin or Carnival Magic in an outside cabin. We are thinking of booking at the last minute.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we have been to the caribbean so many times that there are some ports we stay on ship. there is always stuff to do, even if its just getting pool and waterslide time without teh crowds. we just like being on board, most of the time we dont care where we go.

You could absolutely spend 7 days on Escape, and probably still couldn't do everything you'd like to. If that's your plan for all 3 ships, I would 100% pick Escape. I'm 33, and I'm relatively boring in real life. I'm a critical care nurse and I work around 60 hours a week most of the time. I'm definitely not the clubbing type, or a partier in my every day life. I was absolutely bored on both Celebrity cruises I've been on. I feel it has a great itenirary, I'd think about it, but if I were planning to be on the ship a lot, absolutely not.

Thank you so much for all of the helpful responses. It is good to hear that there is enough on the Escape to sail with the ship as the destination. I will definitely keep this in mind for the future. Hubby just said that he wants to combine a road trip and a shorter cruise for this time.

I have never been board on cruise ship. Some have more to do than others... but they all still have more to do than I can do in a given time period. Although I love the ports, the ship is the destination too me.

Hello,

I am wondering if there is enough going on on the Norwegian Escape to view it as a destination for 7 days (without getting off of the ship)? We are in our mid-30s and are thinking about going on the Norwegian Escape or Celebrity Equinox in a balcony cabin or Carnival Magic in an outside cabin. We are thinking of booking at the last minute.

Thanks!

This is basically what we are doing on our next Breakaway cruise. It's a Florida and Bahamas itinerary, which is our least favorite itinerary, however, it leaves from NYC, so it's a convenient drive and we really enjoy ship time.

We will enjoy the day on the private island, but that may be our only day off the ship. Although I prefer more interesting itineraries, this will be easy and fun, requires no planning, and will work well for our family. We always seem to find lots to do on the ship:)! This would not work for some people, but it will be fine for us.

We go on The Epic in October I plan to go off for 3-4 hours in Cannes, nothing else. Done that itinerary 3/4 times and my first time in Haven, so want to get my money's worth [emoji12]

This is basically what we are doing on our next Breakaway cruise. It's a Florida and Bahamas itinerary, which is our least favorite itinerary, however, it leaves from NYC, so it's a convenient drive and we really enjoy ship time.

We will enjoy the day on the private island, but that may be our only day off the ship. Although I prefer more interesting itineraries, this will be easy and fun, requires no planning, and will work well for our family. We always seem to find lots to do on the ship:)! This would not work for some people, but it will be fine for us.

That was our plan too when we sailed BA but we ended up missing GSC so that could happen.

Depends on the weather. The Breakaway can feel very small when raining due to the crowds. We once cruised on a hurricane diverted Breakaway where there was only one of seven days with sunny, warm weather. Thank goodness for the spa pass or we would have gone nuts. The CD was good and work his a** off to fill the indoor venues with activities, but the "ship as destination" theme wears thin in the rain. :)

For Me ~ The Ship Is The Trip! I Just Want To Be On Board And My Favorite Part Is When We Are In The Middle Of The Ocean And Can't See Land. Having The Ship Pretty Much to Yourself When Everyone Else Is In Port Is Super Fantastic! If I Do Get Off In A Port I Haven't Visited Before I Always Wait An Hour Or So After The Crowd Heads Down. Much More Relaxing!

Thanks!

Hello,

Thanks!

Unless you are in the Haven, I wouldn't recommend the Escape. Very crowded. The Celebrity Equinox IMO would work better for you. Regardless of your stateroom, you will have access to the solarium and all venues, with the exception of Michael's club (suites only) and Lumine restaurant. However, the cost of a sky suite on Celebrity is much cheaper then the Haven. We also have been to most ports multiple times and to us, the ship is also the destination.

Less children running around on the Equinox also.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

You could absolutely spend 7 days on Escape, and probably still couldn't do everything you'd like to. If that's your plan for all 3 ships, I would 100% pick Escape. I'm 33, and I'm relatively boring in real life. I'm a critical care nurse and I work around 60 hours a week most of the time. I'm definitely not the clubbing type, or a partier in my every day life. I was absolutely bored on both Celebrity cruises I've been on. I feel it has a great itenirary, I'd think about it, but if I were planning to be on the ship a lot, absolutely not.

1. isn't that like 2x the # hrs worked by nurses?

2. I am concerned as my next cruise is with X....I never feel board on NCL but I am concerned about X as I am younger too

To me, sea days are so much more enjoyable then some of the ports. I like to grab a lounger and read on the pool deck, swim, go to some of the planned activities, do what I want when I want to do it. As for some of the Caribbean Ports------been there done that.

The next cruise that we booked is a 14 day round trip out of Boston, to the Eastern Caribbean. There are two ports which will be new to us, so I'm looking forward to visiting them. Martinique and Antiqua are new, St. Thomas and St Martin, I always enjoy, The others include St Kitts, Tortola, and San Juan. I may stay onboard for Tortola. We'll have three sea days going down, and three on the way home.

We'll be on the NCL Dawn, which is a smaller ship, but there's always something going on.