Beer offered on ship

reerun25

Whoaaaa, hey we should be friends. ;)

and yeah (re: beer source in a different post), they had Cigar City beers on Conquest last summer so I'm sure that had to come from the US.

You must be pretty close to Funky Buddha yeah? I has a jealous. We get one or two up here in Publix but the brewery must have tons of local selections we never see. I love going in a place and seeing local/state beers on tap.

edit to add - I used to be a beer snob but i got over it. I'l nearly always buy craft or Yuengling but if someone wants to hand me a free Bud or PBR that's all going in the same hole that Chimay goes into and no complaints.

I have a bunch of Funky Buddha at the restaurant. We just got the Blueberry Cobbler in recently and Pineapple Beach is always a huge seller. It's one of the closest breweries along with Saltwater, Civil Society, Due South, etc. Wynwood and MIA are also fantastic. I think Civil Society is probably one of the better brewers here and we'll get limited releases from them pretty often.

For a Lager, Yuengling is decent but you can get good craft lagers as well. Blue Point Toasted Lager is great and Cigar City Tampa Lager is really solid, too. Goose Island's Preseason Lager. With so many amazing craft breweries and options around, I have a hard time going with the volume stuff anymore. Usually if I'm at a friends house and they are handing out miller lite.

Even people who like easier drinking beers... Wynwood La Rubia kills it. Islamorada Ale is awesome... etc. Who wants a dang PBR? Lol.

Cigar City and Saltwater would be distributed by Brown if the ships are provisioning in South Florida. I know for a fact that Brown does sell to Carnival. It's the domestics I'm unsure of. But I'd bet they provision most of the alcohol in South Florida. I can ask my wife, she used to do a ton of freight and logistics for Carnival. She's a wealth of information on that stuff.

I have a bunch of Funky Buddha at the restaurant. We just got the Blueberry Cobbler in recently and Pineapple Beach is always a huge seller. It's one of the closest breweries along with Saltwater, Civil Society, Due South, etc. Wynwood and MIA are also fantastic. I think Civil Society is probably one of the better brewers here and we'll get limited releases from them pretty often.

For a Lager, Yuengling is decent but you can get good craft lagers as well. Blue Point Toasted Lager is great and Cigar City Tampa Lager is really solid, too. Goose Island's Preseason Lager. With so many amazing craft breweries and options around, I have a hard time going with the volume stuff anymore. Usually if I'm at a friends house and they are handing out miller lite.

Even people who like easier drinking beers... Wynwood La Rubia kills it. Islamorada Ale is awesome... etc. Who wants a dang PBR? Lol.

Cigar City and Saltwater would be distributed by Brown if the ships are provisioning in South Florida. I know for a fact that Brown does sell to Carnival. It's the domestics I'm unsure of. But I'd bet they provision most of the alcohol in South Florida. I can ask my wife, she used to do a ton of freight and logistics for Carnival. She's a wealth of information on that stuff.

I love most everything Cigar City does. We're heading to Key West for our anniversary in 2 weeks so I will especially stop and take a look around for Civil Society - I don't recall seeing that around here. I've heard of most of those others so I will definitely give them a try.

Cheers!

Sam Adams Boston Lager is domestic, listed as 16 oz (though I've not seen 16 oz bottles here in Boston). It's not an IPA. Certainly a bit more hoppy than Newcastle but I'd say it's a great choice over crap beer.

I've never had any Sam Adams. I'm a creature of habit. I used to drink nothing but Shiner and Rolling Rock when I was just under legal age. Then someone bought me a Newcastle and it's been love ever since. I don't tend to venture outside of what I know I like. But, I will definitely try some on the ship. That's the place to test my "adventurous" side. LOL

I've never had any Sam Adams. I'm a creature of habit. I used to drink nothing but Shiner and Rolling Rock when I was just under legal age. Then someone bought me a Newcastle and it's been love ever since. I don't tend to venture outside of what I know I like. But, I will definitely try some on the ship. That's the place to test my "adventurous" side. LOL

You won't find this on a ship but try a Sam Adams Octoberfest sometime...It's a seasonal I wish i could buy year round. It'll be showing up in bars and stores next month.

Sam's Piano Bar on the Miracle had Boddingtons in 2014. I haven't sailed on her since so I don't have any recent information.

I've seen that before but I can't recall how recent. They got rid of guinness so it's very possible they got rid of boddingtons as well.