Beer offered on ship

reerun25

Don't misunderstand. Nothing wrong with PBR. I drink all beer. Heck, I own a beer bar with well over 100 different beer selections! I'll drink some miller light in certain conditions and PBR. I just think it was a little funny that you would actually make an effort to see if PBR is available before hand. I would consider PBR one of those things where if they don't have PBR, you drink another generic domestic and don't think much of it.

But again, looking at the menu, I don't see why anyone would drink the domestics when better imports and very good craft options are available for essentially the same price (or cheaper). That Concrete Pilsner is outstanding if you want an easy drinking beer. Local South Florida brewery.

Exactly. 5.95 for a bud or 6.25 for a Guinness is a no-brainer for me. Though it seems they removed Guinness from the menu :( I haven't drank a bud, Miller or coors on a ship.

Another vote for Yuengling! Everytime I fill out a survey that is a request. Please join in and let's make it happen (yeah, right).

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

I could go for some yuenling on the ship. They just expanded to Louisiana a year ago. Before that you had to go to Birmingham for it.

Anyone know if they are offering PBR on the ships? I tried searching for a current beer list, but did not have any luck. I know they did not offer it as of May 2016, but I have not sailed since then, and was not sure if they might have started offering it.

It's on there web as to what they offer.

I'd kill for Yuengling. Being from Texas, we don't get it here. We always stop and get a bunch of cases when we drive back from Alabama (where my bf is from).

I don't know how close to the border you are, but it's all over Louisiana now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't know how close to the border you are, but it's all over Louisiana now.

Yeah, our friend in Baton Rouge does nothing but tease us with photos of him drinking it. We're in the Dallas area so about 2-3 hours away.

Yeah, our friend in Baton Rouge does nothing but tease us with photos of him drinking it. We're in the Dallas area so about 2-3 hours away.

Well that's where I am this weekend. I just had a local legend.

I'm not big on craft beers as most of them are IPA's. And now knowing that the domestics are 16oz and imports are 12, I'll be sticking to more for the price. I primarily drink Newcastle. If they don't have that, I go straight to crap beer. Haha.

Sam Adams Boston Lager is domestic, listed as 16 oz (though I've not seen 16 oz bottles here in Boston). It's not an IPA. Certainly a bit more hoppy than Newcastle but I'd say it's a great choice over crap beer.

PBR is like drinking ice tea, without any sugar or lemon, and when it is made with used tea bags and all flavor is zapped out of it. Basically, PBR is drinking flavored water. In the USA, there are over 2500 different breweries and maybe about 10 beers that can be found nationally, such as PBR. Whenever you make something in such wide scale, the process and taste is diluted to fit the needs of many.

Drinking beer is a thing of passion, or it is a thing of habit. I always drank PBR so it is good, without trying the other 2499 breweries!

I'm not big on craft beers as most of them are IPA's. And now knowing that the domestics are 16oz and imports are 12, I'll be sticking to more for the price. I primarily drink Newcastle. If they don't have that, I go straight to crap beer. Haha.

That's a huge misconception. IPA's are popular with craft breweries, but they all make a lot more than just IPA's. Newcastle is a simple brown ale. I have quite a few craft browns at my restaurant. Don't be intimidated! It's hard to go back to volume beers once you start drinking craft.

The beer selection on board is always pretty depressing. I'll find a couple that are OK (like the Concrete Beach and the Sea Cow), but I'm always in port looking for something more local.

And for the OP, PBR is a little guilty pleasure of mine too. I won't search it out, but I will drink one up to my fellow craft beer friends disgust if there's nothing appealing on the menu. Either that or Rolling Rock. Yeungling is my favorite lager though.

... Heck, I own a beer bar with well over 100 different beer selections! ...

Whoaaaa, hey we should be friends. ;)

and yeah (re: beer source in a different post), they had Cigar City beers on Conquest last summer so I'm sure that had to come from the US.

You must be pretty close to Funky Buddha yeah? I has a jealous. We get one or two up here in Publix but the brewery must have tons of local selections we never see. I love going in a place and seeing local/state beers on tap.

edit to add - I used to be a beer snob but i got over it. I'l nearly always buy craft or Yuengling but if someone wants to hand me a free Bud or PBR that's all going in the same hole that Chimay goes into and no complaints.