NCL booked flights

kugamuga

It depends on where you are flying from - in our case the NCL flights would have taken us from Portland OR to San Francisco then to Honolulu. We were able to save $$ and fly directly from Portland non stop on Hawaiian Airlines.

I could probably do the same on Alaska today. NCL used to have a package with airfare, hotel and transfers including a pre cruise island tour. We wanted to spend some time before the cruise on the island we opted to stay at the same hotel as the NCL tour groups stayed - we also arranged a pre cruise island tour that included Pearl Harbor - the tour left the hotel and ended at the ship. The only difference between us and the people who booked through NCL was they could leave their luggage at the hotel and NCL took it to the ship, while our bags rode in the bus with us. They were also allowed to do pre check in at the hotel.

This was back in 2005 when they were running three ships full of pax. I understand that they still have a desk in the hotel lobby that operates on departure days and still offer similar packages.

Some people like to give control and responsibility to others. Some (like us), like to be in control, pick flights, seats, etc. Then again, we rarely pay for airline flights and we fly at least a half dozen times a year.

We will be sailing on the Pride of America next June. What are the pluses and minuses of booking airfare through NCL?

Noticing that you are in NJ, some minuses might include, no control over when you leave, multiple stops on the way (which may happen even if you book on your own), poor flight times. Late arrival before departure. No chance to go early and get used to the 6 hour time difference which is brutal for about 3 days. Often you are stuck in the back of the plane with no chance to upgrade, seats may not be together.

Pluses include it might be less expensive than booking on your own.

We checked prices and schedules on both. We found booking the flights by ourselves were much more economical.

Sometimes this works out this way, sometimes it doesn't. You just have to do your homework.

They usually don't release flight itineraries until you're 30 days from departure, also, generally you're arriving on the day the cruise leaves and flying out the same day.

That is what I thought. I seem to remember, from previous cruises, there was not much choice of flights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Sometimes this works out this way, sometimes it doesn't.

You just have to do your homework.

Research first before talking to NCL

OP,

Seems like lots of negatives here however,

Get a quote from NCL Premium Air for "customized flight itinerary requests".

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/premium-air

Edited by $hip$hape

Noticing that you are in NJ, some minuses might include, no control over when you leave, multiple stops on the way (which may happen even if you book on your own), poor flight times. Late arrival before departure. No chance to go early and get used to the 6 hour time difference which is brutal for about 3 days. Often you are stuck in the back of the plane with no chance to upgrade, seats may not be together.

Well that ends that. We are planning to fly in on Tuesday for the Saturday departure so we can spend some time in port pre cruise. We will book the air on our own.

kugamuga,

Thank you for this thread. I'll be booking on my own as well. I was also planning on flying in on the Tuesday or Wednesday precruise. I have noticed when playing with the dates (not our actual dates), that the return flights departing HNL on Saturday tend to be more expensive or require more miles. Depending on the cost of airfare, we may actually stay an extra night post cruise.

A little stressed. Trying to figure out when to book flights for 3/3/18 Hawaii cruise. Flights from Boston were $800+ when I started looking and now over $1000. Will prices continue to rise or creep back down???

We're going next June (23rd) as well, and I did the pre-cruise night + airfare for $599 deal and can't find ANYTHING close to that on my own. Hoping to hear from someone that's done the same with details of their experience, but so far, crickets.

We're going next June (23rd) as well, and I did the pre-cruise night + airfare for $599 deal and can't find ANYTHING close to that on my own. Hoping to hear from someone that's done the same with details of their experience, but so far, crickets.

We sail on the 16th. I'll leave the light on for you when we return on the 23rd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

A little stressed. Trying to figure out when to book flights for 3/3/18 Hawaii cruise. Flights from Boston were $800+ when I started looking and now over $1000. Will prices continue to rise or creep back down???

A report in USA today says that air fares have been rising and they expect them to continue to go up. $1000 from Boston is not a bad fare to HNL. I end up paying $600 from central NC to MIA.

A report in USA today says that air fares have been rising and they expect them to continue to go up. $1000 from Boston is not a bad fare to HNL. I end up paying $600 from central NC to MIA.

Thank you. I haven't seen that article. I appreciate your feedback,

We're going next June (23rd) as well, and I did the pre-cruise night + airfare for $599 deal and can't find ANYTHING close to that on my own. .

Where did you find this deal? The airlines have not released the flights for late June yet. I would book that right now for that price, if I could go in a few days early of course

I would also include they guarantee if they book your flight for you and something happens beyond your control, they will make sure you make the cruise at one port or another on their dollar. But that was when we went to Hawaii in 2006 so maybe that luxury has changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums