Seaside Aurea Grand suites 11003,11002,10003,10002,12003,12002 Etc

dmccadden

Four months to go before the Seaside sets sail for Miami and still MSC have Failed miserably to get information out to booked customers regarding details of internal layout of not just the Aft cabins but also the front GS which it appears is going to cause them a lot of lost custom.

For a company that claims to want to make in roads into the USA cruise market they appear to be doing the complete opposite by refusing to put out the information needed by customers to make a decision as to whether they will continue with their bookings.

A look at the Roll Call for the December 23 rd sailing shows what appears to be a lack of interest and some have already cancelled since it was set up.

By this time you would expect the roll call to be buzzing but instead it is a damp squid.

I think the first few months of Seaside's sailings are going to do irreparable damage, too, judging on the hames that's been made onboard Meraviglia. Not alone is the info sorely lacking on the cabin configurations, but those who've booked Fantastica for the flexi-dining may encounter the same problems that people on Meraviglia have had. There's still no info on whether the suspension has been lifted or not. Maybe they haven't figured out a solution to the logistics of operating the concept? If they don't before Seaside sails, well ...................... 🎶 "There may be trouble ahead"

I was talking to someone in the UK MSC office and they were telling me that they had a special system in place to field complaints such was the level they received about Meraviglia. Apparently it was unprecedented! And that's only the UK office. Who knows what MSC offices in other European countries are dealing with?

I now have the latest current paper copy of the MSC 2018/19 Brochure, Cabins 9002 and 9003 appear to be shown on the Deck plans as Fantastica Super Family Cabins, The rest at the front appear to be Aurea GS apart from the Two Wellness GS, though it does not give configurations for any of them.

Are you sure they are Fantastica Super Family cabins, just because they are dark green. To be a super family cabin they need to be dark green outlined with a yellow line

LEGEND%20FOR%20SEASIDE.jpg

LEGEND%20FOR%20SEASIDE2.jpg

Pete

You could well be right Pete, It was going dark when I looked at the brochure and as you say the colours are very similar, still no response from MSC yet with regard to the GS and how many of the 2+2.

Pete ... Just looking at the 18/19 brochure and as you say it shows the yellow edged Green box for the Super Family cabins, what has gone though is the reference to a Fantastica Suite.

There is now only Inside, Outside, Balcony and Super family cabins.

The Suites begin with Wellness, Aurea and YC.

.................. those who've booked Fantastica for the flexi-dining may encounter the same problems that people on Meraviglia have had. There's still no info on whether the suspension has been lifted or not.

Well, it looks like flexi-dining has been cancelled on Meraviglia:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53682458#post53682458

I know this doesn't pertain to this thread (as Aurea guests aren't affected), nor to the renderings thread, but I'm assuming that anyone with an interest in Seaside who has a Fantastica booking might be following here and may see this.

If I had skin in the game, I'd start a thread on the subject.

Well, it looks like flexi-dining has been cancelled on Meraviglia:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53682458#post53682458

I know this doesn't pertain to this thread (as Aurea guests aren't affected), nor to the renderings thread, but I'm assuming that anyone with an interest in Seaside who has a Fantastica booking might be following here and may see this.

If I had skin in the game, I'd start a thread on the subject.

Well, MSC it's really Italian Style, for good, and for bad! hahaha

We all know that italians are very nice people, friendly, with excelent food, marvelous designs, rich history, but when you talk about organization they are really similar to us, brazilians, a completely chaos hahaha.

Maybe they made a step to big with Meraviglia and Seaside being launched in the same year. They are new players in this big game and, at least for organization and logistic, they cannot compete (yet) with Royal, Carnival and NCL. They are growing too fast, but with no organization as other companies have gained in decades.

Carnival, for example, got in the cruise ship mass industry in the 70's, their first ship to surpass the 100GT was the 1996 Destiny, and since then their biggest ship is the Dream Class 130GT from 2009. So, how can MSC that had a fleet of just MSC Rhapsoy and Melody in the beggining of 2000's could build more than a dozen ships in 17 years and most of them now with more than 150GT? If you want to run, first you have to learn how to walk...

I really hope they fix everything for the Seaside inaugural season, cause the things - especially the info - are not starting very well.

imagejpeg

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225747&page=65

See post 1283 from the above thread.

Going by this image shared by Bra on the Rendering thread, it says there are "14 Exclusive Grand Suites". So giving the current deck plan I think it will go like this starting from the top.

Deck 14 - 3 GS cabins - All Aurea

Deck 13 - 3 GS cabins - All Aurea

Deck 12 - 3 GS cabins - 1 Aurea (center) 2 Wellness (Port & Starboard sides)

Deck 11 - 3 GS cabins - All Aurea

Deck 10 - 1 GS cabin - 1 Aurea (center)

Deck 9 - 1 GS cabin - 1 Aurea (center)

With that, it means maybe -

Deck 10 has the "2 exclusive Wellness cabins" (Port and Starboard sides) Light Lavenderish on the deck plans

Deck 9 has 2 Fantastica Suites (Port and Starboard sides) Dark Green on the deck plans.

Thoughts with this?

TC ... That is how the deck plans have stood for some time, as you know the issue with the GS is that so many people thought that they would all be the 2+2 layout due to the rendering that MSC put out without any clarification.

I am still waiting for a response from MSC about the GS and the Aft cabins, from the reply today it seems that the UK office are also seeking clarification on these issues now that the First cruise is just four months away.

VJ - we are booked in 10001 also. We are a couple with a toddler. Having 2 BRS was important to us on a 8 day/7 night cruise for privacy during nap times and at night. We don't want to be forced to go to bed at 8PM with our little one does - 1 large room would not be comfortable for us. We booked this one thinking it was 2 bed/2 bath as well, but would be ok with 1 bed/1 bath as long as the bedroom has a door. Since you cruise before us, please let us know how the rooms ends up being configured! I don't see what the benefit to the 1 bed/ 1 bath Grand Suite is if it's just a slightly larger Balcony room. :confused:

VJ - we are booked in 10001 also. We are a couple with a toddler. Having 2 BRS was important to us on a 8 day/7 night cruise for privacy during nap times and at night. We don't want to be forced to go to bed at 8PM with our little one does - 1 large room would not be comfortable for us. We booked this one thinking it was 2 bed/2 bath as well, but would be ok with 1 bed/1 bath as long as the bedroom has a door. Since you cruise before us, please let us know how the rooms ends up being configured! I don't see what the benefit to the 1 bed/ 1 bath Grand Suite is if it's just a slightly larger Balcony room. :confused:

Of course, i will put some pictures here. I will try to post some during the voyage, but i will depend of free wifi ;p

My TA send me this correspondense from her MSC Rep yesterday. Hopefully we will hear something in a few days!

There were several of these same situations.

Senior management has come up with a good solution. It was just finalized A day or two ago. I will forward this to them.

You'll hear from a department head in the next day or two.

You can tell your client is being taken care of and they will be happy.

Thanks and best regards,

There were several of these same situations.

Senior management has come up with a good solution. It was just finalized A day or two ago. I will forward this to them.

You'll hear from a department head in the next day or two.

You can tell your client is being taken care of and they will be happy.

Thanks and best regards,

I have an ominous feeling that the Yacht Club is going to be a lot more crowded.....

I REALLY hope that they don't allow Aurea guests access to YC. I originally had an Aurea GS booked due to the 2bdr layout but once I found out that the cabin I had booked wasn't 2bdr I switched to the YC Deluxe Suite.

I am looking forward to the YC and a less crowded area... hopefully they can come up with something to make up for the HUGE confusion regarding the GS's. On-board credit or something similar without taking away from someone else's enjoyment.

This has been very confusing to follow all of this but I kind of expected that when booking a cruise on a ship that isn't even finished.

Remember that all that glitters is not Gold! especially where MSC are concerned, their idea of a good offer may not be yours.

I was in with my TA about a booking and we got chatting about our Meraviglia trip. She was telling me about the amount of complaints that MSC had about the ship. Apparently, MSC has been offering €500 off their next cruise to some people! As the TA said, it's no use to them as people she knows who received the offer have no intention of ever sailing MSC again.

I think Meraviglia has done untold reputational damage to the company. If a similar situation comes about with Seaside, MSC will really have problems in the States.

I REALLY hope that they don't allow Aurea guests access to YC. I originally had an Aurea GS booked due to the 2bdr layout but once I found out that the cabin I had booked wasn't 2bdr I switched to the YC Deluxe Suite.

I am looking forward to the YC and a less crowded area... hopefully they can come up with something to make up for the HUGE confusion regarding the GS's. On-board credit or something similar without taking away from someone else's enjoyment.

This has been very confusing to follow all of this but I kind of expected that when booking a cruise on a ship that isn't even finished.

😿 we don't have Cooties!

I understand how you feel because you pay a premium to be in the Yacht Club. Fortunately, there are very few Aurea GS cabins, so I don't think it would have that much of an impact. NOw if they allowed all Aurea passengers access that would be a different thing.