Seaside Aurea Grand suites 11003,11002,10003,10002,12003,12002 Etc

dmccadden

I REALLY hope that they don't allow Aurea guests access to YC. I originally had an Aurea GS booked due to the 2bdr layout but once I found out that the cabin I had booked wasn't 2bdr I switched to the YC Deluxe Suite.

I am looking forward to the YC and a less crowded area... hopefully they can come up with something to make up for the HUGE confusion regarding the GS's. On-board credit or something similar without taking away from someone else's enjoyment.

This has been very confusing to follow all of this but I kind of expected that when booking a cruise on a ship that isn't even finished.

Since there are supposedly only 14 GS Cabins, I don't think it would be a problem allowing them to access the Yatch Club. Especially with all the problems some of the guest that booked GS cabins have/will have, they deserve to have YC access.

Since there are supposedly only 14 GS Cabins, I don't think it would be a problem allowing them to access the Yatch Club. Especially with all the problems some of the guest that booked GS cabins have/will have, they deserve to have YC access.

What about the ones who actually have the 2br/2ba?

If yes, those in 1br/1ba won't be happy.

If no, those in 2br/2ba won't be happy.

Plus, the potential of over 40 extra people in the Yacht Club wouldn't bode well for those currently booked in the Yacht Club.

For me travelling with 3 children and others in a s2 suite I probably wouldn't use any yacht club perks except for the premium drinks choices on the package. I would much rather prefer obc or money off another cruise, vouchers to premium restaurants etc. Everyone would have a different idea of what would suit them. We will see.

What about the ones who actually have the 2br/2ba?

If yes, those in 1br/1ba won't be happy.

If no, those in 2br/2ba won't be happy.

Plus, the potential of over 40 extra people in the Yacht Club wouldn't bode well for those currently booked in the Yacht Club.

As you said in another post "Apologies to the YC crowd".

I think (IMO) all GS guest should have access to the YC. They also paid a premium for those cabins.

What are chances of all GS Cabin guest showing up at the YC at the same time. :)

As you said in another post "Apologies to the YC crowd".

I think (IMO) all GS guest should have access to the YC. They also paid a premium for those cabins.

What are chances of all GS Cabin guest showing up at the YC at the same time. :)

I understand this position but really it doesn't work on any level.

I was one of the ones that booked a GS on the Seaside and when the news came out that the cabin I had booked wasn't what was originally advertised I switched to the YC.

People were paying for a GS were paying for the extra room. People paying for the YC were paying for a more personal experience. If all GS guests were allowed access to the YC then no one is getting what they paid for.

I absolutely hope that GS guests get taken care of for the confusion, frustration and everything else that is a results of this mix up but at the same time please don't lessen others experience in order to do that. I for one hope you get a crap load of on-board credit or some other means that will actually make up for this inconvenience.

How will they make it up to the YC guests who now have 40+ people in the YC, which may or may not be equipped to handle it. I am sure that the number of guests in the YC plays a HUGE role in how they staff and prepare for the YC experience.

Just my 2 cents and I really hope that I don't offend anyone. First and foremost I hope everyone has an amazing cruise.

TC ... Those GS are only Aurea Suites and in the same category as those on the Aft and sides of Deck 9 ! Reduced prices against those that have the 2+2 may be the way MSC could go, access to the YC could incur the wrath of YC guests who have paid a premium for their Suites etc and who could blame them.

All this speculation is just that! Speculation. I doubt very much that MSC would/will give access to the YC enclave to anyone other than YC guests. Logistics alone probably wouldn't allow it. For one, the restaurant won't be capable of facilitating any extra bodies. Perhaps, too, safety restrictions would apply re numbers allowed in the enclave. Plus, MSC would risk p*** ing off YC guests to appease others - not going to happen! There are other, more suitable ways to compensate some that won't be at the expense of others.

All this speculation is just that! Speculation.

Of course it is....that's what we do when MSC doesn't give any actual information. :p

Hopefully, "mabones" will give some actual concrete, set in stone information.....which will be useless once MSC decides to do something completely different.

So I haven't read through the entire thread. Does anyone know which suites are actually 2 bedroom 2 bathrooms suites? We have 5 in our family and would need the separate bedrooms.

I respectfully suggest that you need to read the thread before making any decisions - forewarned is forearmed!

I have been in contact with a CS supervisor and given her some alternatives that would placate us. She has gotten back to me after some poking and said she is having a conference call today with those above her as they are aware of the situation and will let me know what the outcome is.

We too booked a Grand Suite SE3 on the MSC Seaside. At the time of booking (6 months ago) many staterooms were available including numerous suites in the Yacht club. We chose the Grand Suite SE3 (room 11003) as it was described & being marketed as a 2 bedroom/2 bath suite. It was the only configuration on the ship that would allow each guest to have their own sleeping quarters.

I was researching our room and found this thread. I cannot begin to explain my total disappointment when I found out MSC deceived me and that I paid over $5000 for a 1 bedroom suite rather than the 2 bedroom booked.

I called MSC locally in South Florida and was offered 2 adjoining balcony rooms...not gonna work. Now it looks as if one guest will NOT be going(they will never sail MSC ever after this experience). We are still up in the air.

My question is: at what point was MSC going to (if ever) inform us of their screw up? I assume never! We would have gotten on the ship next year, opened our cabin door and surprise (no 2nd bedroom)! I would have been so upset and it would have definitely ruined our entire vacation.

At this point there are only 3(three) true 2 bedroom suites on the Seaside 11001, 12001 & 14001. These are the center rooms in the front. Unfortunately, these rooms are booked solid until March 2019! Really? Guess we will never get what we paid for!

We are going to try to get an upgrade to the Yacht Club and hope they accommodate us, otherwise no MSC for us. I can see this issue which is still not clear on their website will cause many to go elsewhere and result in lifetime loss of business from potential customers.

Hope this helps others, as we feel we have been totally screwed!

Edited by exUPSman

The same numbers as I was given by MSC UK.

MSC UK website still has the vague "A small number of cabins..." In the ship cabin descriptions. But when online booking it has the misleading 2br picture when booking cabin type. And then when selecting an actual cabin no picture shows to warn you it is a 1br design. The US booking site is no better.

Ate ... I spoke to my contact at MSC UK a couple of days ago who informed me that they were trying not to sell those GS until they get confirmation from the Inventory department of the exact layouts, two weeks on and still no info available.

The UK site currently is correct in so far as what it says re a small number only being 2+2.

This was copied and pasted from the US MSC Seaside website

Grand Suite

• Spacious suites that come with a balcony and a separate sitting area
  • Each suite is equipped with Air conditioning, spacious wardrobes, interactive LCD TV, telephone, mini bar and safe
  • Surface approximately 344 - 527 sq. ft., plus a balcony up to 226 sq. ft.
  • 1 bedroom/1 bathroom - a queen bed,* a double sofa bed and a pullman bed to accomodate up to 5 guests (9 total suites. Suites 14002 and 14003 accomodate only 2 guests)
  • 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms - queen bed* in bedroom 1 and two single beds in bedroom 2 and a pullman bed for up to 5 guests (3 total: suites 11001, 12001 and 14001)

So reading the above from the US MSC website posted by exUPSman, does this mean that there are in total 12 Grand Suites or 14 Grand Suites?

There was a flyer of some sort posted not too long ago that said something like 14 Exclusive Grand Suites.

I found the thread with the flyer.

Posted by Bra-

See post 1283

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2225747&page=65

TC ... Two of those outer suites are Wellness suites and not Aurea. 12 GS.

Deck 9 = 2 Fantastica S2 and 1 SE3 GS

Deck 10 = 2 Interior Wellness and 1 SE3 GS

Deck 11 = 3 SE3 GS, 1 of them is 2x2 bed/bath

Deck 12 = 2 Grand Suite Wellness 1 SE3 GS which is 2 x 2 bed/bath

Deck 13 = 3 SE3 GS

Deck 14 = 3 SE3 GS, 1 of which is 2 x 2 bed/Bath

Edited by sidari

So reading the above from the US MSC website posted by exUPSman, does this mean that there are in total 12 Grand Suites or 14 Grand Suites?

There was a flyer of some sort posted not too long ago that said something like 14 Exclusive Grand Suites.

I have quit looking at the GS so had not noticed they changed it from a total of 11 to now total of 9 with 1br/1ba, they definitely lost two GS somewhere. I think it has to do with the two small side cabins on deck 14. I think the nine larger ones will have a separate bedroom and living area while those two on deck 14 might not and MSC is possibly trying to figure a way to indicate that. There is no reason MSC should be trying to keep all these different configurations as one cabin class. Aside from the earlier misrepresentations a significant part of what still makes people mad is paying the same price for half the cabin.

TC ... Two of those outer suites are Wellness suites and not Aurea. 12 GS.

Deck 9 = 2 Fantastica S2 and 1 SE3 GS

Deck 10 = 2 Interior Wellness and 1 SE3 GS

Deck 11 = 3 SE3 GS, 1 of them is 2x2 bed/bath

Deck 12 = 2 Grand Suite Wellness 1 SE3 GS which is 2 x 2 bed/bath

Deck 13 = 3 SE3 GS

Deck 14 = 3 SE3 GS, 1 of which is 2 x 2 bed/Bath

Sid - Yes I know about the Wellness ones on deck 12, but I had always thought they were also part of the GS. In fact they show up if you try to book a GS and they happen to be available. The last count I did was that there are 14 including those Wellness on deck 12 and 10. But what do I know:). I have a cabin that I have no idea what it looks like too :)

I have quit looking at the GS so had not noticed they changed it from a total of 11 to now total of 9 with 1br/1ba, they definitely lost two GS somewhere. I think it has to do with the two small side cabins on deck 14. I think the nine larger ones will have a separate bedroom and living area while those two on deck 14 might not and MSC is possibly trying to figure a way to indicate that. There is no reason MSC should be trying to keep all these different configurations as one cabin class. Aside from the earlier misrepresentations a significant part of what still makes people mad is paying the same price for half the cabin.

The whole GS thing seems to keep getting confusing and more muddled. And with the two major MSC sites US and UK having conflicting information is not helping either. Maybe one of these days they will have a press and TA preview and then may be we will see what the GS look like as well as those Aft Aurea Suites.