Good Bye to the Suite Life: My final Star Class Musings

Price of our Star Loft for 2 on the Oasis 4-15-2018---$6826.

Price of our Star Loft for 2 on the Oasis 6-3-2018---$8282. Reduced price to $5842 using our

$2400 Pinnacle award.

Yeah. Big difference in price depending on time of year you go and supply demand for a given cruise.

About $3500 pp is about as cheap as I’ve seen for two people. If you go to a 2 bd aqua suite with 6-8 people the price can come down on a per person basis but that is a lot of people in a cabin and really mostly conducive for immediately family. It is usually about 1000 extra per person after the first two in an aqua suite. At least it was for us.

On that April 15 balcony cabins could’ve been had for very reasonable prices until recently (say 700-800 a person) and insides for even cheaper. So figure you could do maybe 4 cruises in a balcony cabin vs a star class cabin per the pricing for that particular week.

So there is the decision for many. Do we want to do 1 week or 4 weeks (over the next however much time) for the same amount money.

We are doing 5 in a 2BR spacious aqua theater suite over Thanksgiving on Oasis for about $2500/pp.

Can’t. Wait. Especially as I deal with 12-15”on the first day of spring :rolleyes:

That is quite a good price for thanksgiving. Was that kids sail free?

We booked a 2BR AQ Suite on Allure in October 2018 for two of us for right at $6000 including taxes. I decided to move to the I think it is the Grand Panoramic Suite for an extra $1600 since we enjoy being on 17. Those are about the cheapest I have seen either of them and about the limit of what I would pay. Our Star Loft on Harmony worked out to about $4200 pp for three of us. Star Class is a lot of fun. Sky is great too and if Sea was what I could afford, it would be just fine.

Star Class is any of these suites booked:

• Royal Loft Suite
  • Villa Suite – 4 Bedrooms
  • Owner’s Loft Suite
  • Grand Loft Suite
  • Owner’s Panoramic – 1 Bedrooms
  • Grand Panoramic – 1 Bedroom
  • Star Loft Suite
  • Spacious AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms
  • AquaTheater Suite with Large Balcony – 2 Bedrooms

On the website, Anthem lists a 2 bedroom Grand Suite with large balcony, but nothing called AquaTheater. There are no 2 bedroom suites in any other class so this one leaves me scratching my head. Would you get Star Class since that's the only class that has 2 bedroom suites? Or would it fall under Sea class that lists Grand Suite - 1 bedroom with balcony. I would think since Sea class specifically states "1 bedroom," then it's bumped up to Star class..but you never know.

Anthem does not have a 2BDR ATS. Only Oasis class ships have that. The 2BDR grand suite on Anthem falls under Sky Class. All junior suites fall under sea class.

The cabins on Anthem that fall under Star are: royal loft suite, grand loft suite, and owner's loft suite.

Here's a link that explains it:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055533_Recategorization_Trade_Grid.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

Yeah. Big difference in price depending on time of year you go and supply demand for a given cruise.

About $3500 pp is about as cheap as I’ve seen for two people. If you go to a 2 bd aqua suite with 6-8 people the price can come down on a per person basis but that is a lot of people in a cabin and really mostly conducive for immediately family. It is usually about 1000 extra per person after the first two in an aqua suite. At least it was for us.

On that April 15 balcony cabins could’ve been had for very reasonable prices until recently (say 700-800 a person) and insides for even cheaper. So figure you could do maybe 4 cruises in a balcony cabin vs a star class cabin per the pricing for that particular week.

So there is the decision for many. Do we want to do 1 week or 4 weeks (over the next however much time) for the same amount money.

My wife felt that I should have not spent the money to upgrade to Star Class. However, it will not effect the 8 Oasis Class cruises will we take in 2018.

We booked a 2BR AQ Suite on Allure in October 2018 for two of us for right at $6000 including taxes. I decided to move to the I think it is the Grand Panoramic Suite for an extra $1600 since we enjoy being on 17. Those are about the cheapest I have seen either of them and about the limit of what I would pay. Our Star Loft on Harmony worked out to about $4200 pp for three of us. Star Class is a lot of fun. Sky is great too and if Sea was what I could afford, it would be just fine.

Are you on the 10-21-2018 sailing on the Allure?

I’ve never seen it that low for either of those suites. That is quite a steal. Well done.

My DH would love to stay in a star class cabin, but I’m the “cheapie” one when I tell him I’d rather go on 3 cruises in an OVB than just one with perks. If we were the type who spent a lot of time in our cabin and were “foodies” and consumed alcohol, it would be worth it. He keeps telling me he’s going to surprise me someday, but up until now I’m the one with the time to find and book our cruises.

Enjoy the suite life and your upcoming cruises!:)

We have been on 3 Star Class cruises on Harmony and the upgraded steak/lobster was included in Star Class. The only thing that was not included in SC were the pastries at Starbucks.

We will be on Allure in SC next month. So looking forward to it but not happy to think that the upgrades at Chops will not be included.

Yes

Thanks for the quick reply. We are also sailing with you. Maybe we will see you in the Suite Lounge.

We usually sit at the bar.

I agree that prices for this cruise were really low. We are in a L2 Crown Loft. Paid $3404 and received Free Gratuities and $100 On Board Credit. This is the lowest price we ever paid for a Crown Loft.

We have been on 3 Star Class cruises on Harmony and the upgraded steak/lobster was included in Star Class. The only thing that was not included in SC were the pastries at Starbucks.

We will be on Allure in SC next month. So looking forward to it but not happy to think that the upgrades at Chops will not be included.

For our April Oasis cruise all extras at Chops are included. Hopefully it will be same on the Allure.

For our April Oasis cruise all extras at Chops are included. Hopefully it will be same on the Allure.

Just curious how you know that before hand? Prior experience im guessing? I’m star class coming up soon on oasis. Previous time we were star class we didn’t get to do chefs table. Any idea how that works with wine pairing? Do they charge extra for that?

I recall at 150 CP wine pairing wasn’t covered as star class (on oasis) and the waitress pretty much said it was stupid it isn’t and steered us towards wines by the glass that were included.

Just curious how you know that before hand? Prior experience im guessing? I’m star class coming up soon on oasis. Previous time we were star class we didn’t get to do chefs table. Any idea how that works with wine pairing? Do they charge extra for that?

I recall at 150 CP wine pairing wasn’t covered as star class (on oasis) and the waitress pretty much said it was stupid it isn’t and steered us towards wines by the glass that were included.

Our Genie replied to my question regarding the Seafood Tower at Chops for our 4-15-18 Oasis Cruise.

Chef's Table wine pairing cost is $25 each plus 18% gratuity per person.

Our Genie replied to my question regarding the Seafood Tower at Chops for our 4-15-18 Oasis Cruise.

Chef's Table wine pairing cost is $25 each plus 18% gratuity per person.

Thanks for the quick reply. Have fun. Do you know your genie yet? When did you find out? Hoping ours is Smitha again.

Thanks for the quick reply. We are also sailing with you. Maybe we will see you in the Suite Lounge.

We usually sit at the bar.

I agree that prices for this cruise were really low. We are in a L2 Crown Loft. Paid $3404 and received Free Gratuities and $100 On Board Credit. This is the lowest price we ever paid for a Crown Loft.

Sounds good. I saw a thread entitled something like "Low rates on Allure 10-21-208" awhile back and sure enough they were. I am thinking of adding the week before solo as GS are pretty reasonable, but the Star Class costs for one are a minimum of $8k for one vs. under that for two on our week.

Hi. We are on the 4-15-18 oasis cruise as well and Smitha is our genie!! We have a 2BR ATS and I can't wait! I was wondering about that seafood tower at chops being extra. I'm so glad to hear it isn't.

Hi. We are on the 4-15-18 oasis cruise as well and Smitha is our genie!! We have a 2BR ATS and I can't wait! I was wondering about that seafood tower at chops being extra. I'm so glad to hear it isn't.

Our daughter, her husband and son are also sailing with us. They are also in a 2BR ATS. Hossain is their Genie.

• 4 weeks later...