Choice Air

golferwife

Tried to call for the third time today and no one picks up after being on hold for a long time. The website tells us to call them to change our flights that have been issued, but doesn't tell us what those flights are. We booked them as part of a cruise tour. Can't make this stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have a reservation number from the airline you should be able to do it through their website.

And, if you do change them through the website, be sure to inform those at Choice Air as well .. otherwise, they may get changed back. I know it sounds impossible but did happen to us.

Are you calling the Choice Air number or Celebrity number. I have never had more than a 5 minute wait when calling Choice Air. Booked flights for 2 different within the last week & both calls were answered immediately.

Thought I would chime in here as it regards Choice Air, however not specifically to the OP's issue.

For one, we have always used miles or paid cash for flights getting to our recent cruises, and never considered using Choice Air for those reasons. However, when planning our October vacation this year we could not find decent flights to Europe using our miles on the days we wanted to travel, so we took a gander at what Choice Air might be able to do for us.....

We are booked on the Reflection transatlantic leaving Rome Oct. 20, yet we wanted to spend time in London and Paris before the cruise, and we checked and found an INCREDIBLE deal on a Virgin Atlantic business class flight from San Francisco to London Heathrow Oct. 9! The fare was a fraction of what we were finding through Kayak.com and Virgin's site so we booked it. So that is all fine and good, thank you Choice Air.

A few days later we checked out flights from Paris to Rome for the morning of Oct. 20 the day of the cruise....we noticed a flight from Orly airport that looked good and we called Choice Air. The person at Choice Air quoted us a price that was $50 each more than what I was looking at on the Choice Air site, she explained that airlines can change their fares at any time and that she was only able to book our flight at the higher fare. Well, I thought that was odd but I wanted to have this done and over with so I booked at the higher price. The next day I went back and the price for our flight was the lower price I had been looking at, not the higher price I paid the day earlier, so I got Choice Air on the phone and asked what was up, and I am glad I did. The spokesperson said she was not sure why I was charged the higher rate and said that since it was less than 24 hours since the booking I could cancel and rebook to get the lower fair.

Moral of this (long, sorry) story is double check what Choice Air is charging you for your flight! But also, do check what Choice Air can do for you, as we did get some good fare in long run!

Ciao for now!

Brian K.

I didn't believe Choice Air could get me anything better than I could find myself. I had planned on using miles to pay for my wife's ticket, and then buy my ticket through the airline. Checked Choice Air and found I could basically get both tickets for the same price as just one. Not sure if I will get any mileage credit for the flight, but it cost me the same and I didn't have to use my miles. (Flights were round trip to Rome.) It doesn't hurt to check.

I have found a few of their agents to be rather incompetent as far as answers. I was told yesterday that I had to book Celebrity's insurance or I would not be able to cancel if I became ill...she didn't think that I could use any other insurance. I told her she was mistaken and needed to ask her supervisor. Anyway, I was also told that once I booked, there was no way that anything could be changed, even within the 24 hour period. So, I hung up and spoke to someone else. Yes, I have used them before and had issues, but their prices are very good!!! It is a shame that customer service does no longer mean servicing the customer...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I didn't believe Choice Air could get me anything better than I could find myself. I had planned on using miles to pay for my wife's ticket, and then buy my ticket through the airline. Checked Choice Air and found I could basically get both tickets for the same price as just one. Not sure if I will get any mileage credit for the flight, but it cost me the same and I didn't have to use my miles. (Flights were round trip to Rome.) It doesn't hurt to check.

We have used Choice Air on several cruises and have always received mileage on our miles program for these flights.

We have used Choice Air on several cruises and have always received mileage on our miles program for these flights.

Same here. We have booked thru Choice Air a number of times for flights to Europe and always got miles and fares about 1/3 of the best price we could find elsewhere.

You should receive the mileage credit that would apply to the class of travel you were booked into. Make sure the airline has your FF number.