Help Can I make a 9:20 flight out of FLL, Regal Princess gets in at 6:00 a.m.

radraider

One time within the last 2 years at Port Everglades there was a problem with immigration/customs or something that delayed disembarkation significantly. I was doing self walk off, never check luggage at the airport, have TSA precheck, and walked up to the gate just as they started to board my 11:30 flight. Since then, I will never chance an earlier flight.

giphy.gifthese are always my favorite threads to read.

https://i.**********/lzd2UeX.gif

giphy.gif

people thinking the cruise line is wrong for recommending flights in the afternoon, and that they know better.

you are going to do what you want anyways, so these threads are just pats on the back when you find the handful of people who always enthusiastically say they "made it to the airport at 7am and you will too!" and ignore all the people who are saying "but traffic, security, customs, book afternoon"

odds are you will make your early flight and then brag about it to the next person who posts this same exact thread... until the one time there is a delay in customs, traffic, security, and you miss your flight.

are the cruise lines too conservative in their estimates on when your flight should be, sure probably because they don't want to deal with angry stranded passengers.

also remember, your flight leaves at x time, but you need to be on the plane well before that because they close the doors 10-15 minutes before flight time and start boarding before that.

Nothing with travel is ever 100% guaranteed, but with a normal 6:00am arrival, and ability to walk off with own luggage, and armed with Global Entry and TSA Pre, and especially if not checking any bags with airline, it's more likely than not that an early flight can be caught at FLL. Use a taxi or Uber for fastest, direct trip to terminal. Just remember if need to check a bag, they want them up to an hour ahead of flight time, so you need that much more time than if just going straight to gate with carry-on. Early walk-offs are scheduled on the sheet before 6:30am. A 7:00am ship arrival makes it more difficult as more ships will be now disembarking in the port area. But I have always seen plenty of taxis waiting to ferry passengers.

Thanks for posting---we're on the Regal in January and have a 10:00am flight ---we have TSA pre-check as well. Hope you had a great cruise!

Rembenber to take your physical GE card with you on your cruise. Although the card is not needed at the airport, the port of Fort Lauderdale has a separate GE lane that allows you to skip the main passport queue, but they require the card to allow access. That should also help to shave off some time from the process,