Arriving later than 10:30 appointment for Dream

steve4031

After some thought I'm thinking it might be better to arrive around 1:30 for the Dream on 8/13. We do not have faster to the fun and if we arrive at that time we still sit in the terminal and then sit some more on rt he ship waiting for our cabin to be ready.

This allows us to enjoy our room till check out at the Waldorf Astoria and possibly eat lunch.

If I understood previous posts correctly the cruise terminal is not crowded at this time. Then you can walk on, go to your cabin, and try ghen grab a snack before muster.

Should I change my appointment time to reflect my plans? I do not want to prevent somebody else from arriving earlier if they choose to do so.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are certainly advantages to a late check in, no rushing to get checked out of the hotel, no crowds at the pier, probably walk right onto the ship and go directly to your cabin.

The downside is what time is your hotel going to kick you out? Do you have someplace to store your luggage until you go to the pier? Paying for lunch instead of eating for free.

But, if you are sure you want to arrive that late, then I would change my check in time so that others can go early.

We are deciding not to rush on this one. I'm always excited to see the ship. However a 7 day cruise will give us more time to settle in. Really like the two sea days St the beginning.

We have found it easier to come aboard slightly later. You are really talking about being on the ship no more than 2 hours later than if you arrived at 1030, where you will likely sit for 1-1.5 hrs before boarding.

When we have arrived early we have never really boarded before 1145. When we have rolled in around 1 we were on by 130. At most we have sat for 5 minutes waiting for a zone call. Much more pleasant IMHO.

"Paying for lunch instead of eating for free."

They are staying at the Waldorff, lunch should not be an issue, NOLA has some pretty damn good food. The hotel will always hold your luggage and call you a cab.

I just read a little while ago that if you don't check your luggage with the porters until 2, you have to carry it on and to your room yourself...

Not true !

I have given my luggage to the porters as late as 3:30 PM for a 4PM sail time (due to an emergency room visit).