Coffee card question

xavier

The most resistance we ever got was a barista saying "this is from another ship", so you can only finish out the speciality punches, not fresh brewed. OK by me, still got to use my punches.

The most "resistance" I ever had was a flat refusal to recognize the card for anything because it was "from another cruise" therefore invalid.

On our cruise on the Ruby last week, we had no problem getting a cup of brewed coffee and a cup of tea, or a latte and a tea at the same time with a coffee card. I overheard the barista tell a passenger that they would serve two drinks like this (without a punch), but not three.

The most "resistance" I ever had was a flat refusal to recognize the card for anything because it was "from another cruise" therefore invalid.

That would definitely NOT fly with me. I would be speaking with a supervisor and the Captain's Circle host. The punches are good on any cruise! Staff need to be properly trained and, if nobody speaks up, that won't happen.

I had bar staff deliver my drink with ice. I don't want ice in my scotch or my bourbon. I had specifically ordered it without ice. I sent it back. He returned with no ice but a glass of cold, and watered down, booze. He had obviously simply either simply removed the ice or else poured it off of the ice into another glass. I got up and took it to the bar and returned it personally. The bartender asked what was wrong and I told him. He wasn't happy. He tossed it out and poured me a proper drink - for which I thanked him. At no time did I get angry or "huffy" about it. I simply wanted what I had ordered and didn't want to pay for something else. That guy who was clueless was not in the bar again during the rest of the cruise. He was definitely "not ready for Prime Time" as they say.

On our cruise on the Ruby last week, we had no problem getting a cup of brewed coffee and a cup of tea, or a latte and a tea at the same time with a coffee card. I overheard the barista tell a passenger that they would serve two drinks like this (without a punch), but not three.

We also get the same accommodation, at times, but not from a barista, but from the waitstaff at the Piazza. Some exercise discretion.

Most resistance I received was a refusal to accept an older style card to be punched for a specialty item. I had to speak with the F&B manager to get that corrected.

So no matter when the card was purchased it will still be honored?

ed7d217eab2368449df13351c8b5fc46.jpg

Yes, all of the punches can be used for specialty or brewed coffees on a future cruise but only unlimited brewed coffee on the cruise where it was purchased.

Did I read somewhere that the cards have changed? Mine is quite a few years old but has no ship or date stamped or filled in.

Looks the same as photo posted above

Here's the latest version of the coffee card with a green stripe at the top of the New Grounds card. So even if your card doesn't have any information it obviously wasn't purchased on your next cruise.

IMG_1743.JPG.5458c73f1bf7fde095f7ab81192f3eb3.JPG

is it better to prepay the coffee card, or just buy on ship? not sure if the two of us will need 2 whole cards or just 1 on a 15 day cruise.

If you purchase the cards on the ship one of the crew gets credit for the sale.;)

Since you can share one card it makes no difference if you wait until one card is used up before you buy another. This way you won't go home with two cards with unused punches.