Specialty Restaurant...... Which should I choose?

Tanyaj111

Thank you all for your responses. [emoji846]

After reading everything I think I might purchase a five meal plan. Le Bistro, Cagney's, Moderno, Teppanyaki and possibly Bayamo or the Supper Club (which I totally forgot about) The upcharge is $15 for both.

Is the Supper Club show worth it?

Again thanks for your input.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to be on the Escape. It's a cabaret show.

The Cabaret ia usually done by the lead singer from After Modnight. We have gone twice. And both times we were on, it was Brenda Braxton.

The show is fine

We go for the 5 course tasting menu. It's fun.

The show is only offered once. And will sell out.

I think that I previously mentioned

That we used One of our SDP meals at Pinchos tapas bar for lunch. Another alternative.

Thanks to everyone for your help. Yesterday evening I booked my reservation for Cagney's, Teppanyaki, Moderno & Le Bistro. I will use the 5th for the tapas restaurant.

Everything is starting to come together.

Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No restaurant on any ship even comes close to Ruth's Chris, but Cagney's is still pretty good.

As a side note, if you have the dining package, every restaurant is pretty much "unlimited". I'm not sure about entrees, but you could go to Cagney's (or any specialty restaurant included in the package), order all the appetizers, all the sides, and all the desserts, and still not get charged a dime more.

My anniversary is 8/25. We live in Michigan and they are having restaurant week and Ruth's Chris is included. They are offering 3 course dinner for 41. That seemed high to me but we've never been there. Is it that good and worth the money? Thanks

Bayamo was terrific last fall (I believe it is an upcharge). Excellent service, interesting menu, nice quality and presentation. We also thoroughly enjoyed Food Republic.

Pincho Tapas Bar was great place to grab a small bite and have a glass of wine, but I'd just pay by the item and skip the dining plan there.

My anniversary is 8/25. We live in Michigan and they are having restaurant week and Ruth's Chris is included. They are offering 3 course dinner for 41. That seemed high to me but we've never been there. Is it that good and worth the money? Thanks

It's worth $41. It's a chain steak house. Food is good, but not outstanding.

It's worth $41. It's a chain steak house. Food is good, but not outstanding.

Ruth's Chris is similar to other high end chains such as Morton's, Capital Grille and Fleming's. Definitely worth the 41 for a three course meal that is probably usually priced at 65-70 factoring in appetizer, entree, side and dessert.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Yes. We first tried it for that special. It was $40. I always get the filet w/shrimp (give the shrimp to DH, no swimmers for me), Caesar salad and creamed Spinach. You can get any of their side dishes that aren't on the list for an upcharge. The best part is that the steak arrives on a plate that's over 500 degrees. The steak stays hot thru the whole meal. The filet is 6 ounces which it more that enough for me. There's also a yummy dessert.

• 1 month later...

Worth using a Specialty Dining credit for? Is there an up charge with / without the SDP?

The Cabaret ia usually done by the lead singer from After Modnight. We have gone twice. And both times we were on, it was Brenda Braxton.

The show is fine

We go for the 5 course tasting menu. It's fun.

The show is only offered once. And will sell out.

I think that I previously mentioned

That we used One of our SDP meals at Pinchos tapas bar for lunch. Another alternative.