Book now or wait?

Painy

I've been advise to re-post this here.

We've just come off our first cruise with NCL and loved it.

We've seen another NCL cruise we'd like to go on in September 2018 but should we book it now or is it more advisable to wait for special offers appearing?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure where you posted before, but...

Some folks always book early to get the "best cabins". We tend to book within 6 months, sometimes less. Always get good cabins.

If you book now, you can always cancel later up until final payment is due. No harm to book early if you are fairly sure of the dates.

I've been reading through the cancellation policies, and hopefully someone else can clarify something for me. Does NCL still offer refundable deposits? My interpretation says they do, but I'm hoping someone else can confirm.

Thanks.

Thank you for your responses everyone. They do make sense and especially when there are only two sailings for the itinerary we want to do. I'll get it booked [emoji3]

Thank you for your responses everyone. They do make sense and especially when there are only two sailings for the itinerary we want to do. I'll get it booked [emoji3]

Certainly on the UK site it says that cancellation over 61 days means loss of deposit.

100% before final payment. Suites are earlier. We cancelled a family cruise once and had everything I paid transferred to another cruise. No penalties and it was before final payment.

Awesome, thanks. I'm on the Canadian site, btw. It just didn't say anything over 90 days and I was just being overly cautious.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

No harm in booking early, you can always cancel and rebook. We book over a year out (need connecting cabins), and I've never seen the prices go lower, but I always check.

This is a very USA-centric response. Rules are different depending on where you book and how you book. The OP is from the U.K. And in the past, UK reservations were subject to a cancellation penalty (loss of deposit) regardless on when it is cancelled.

The OP needs to research before following advice from random posts on CC

I've been advise to re-post this here.

We've just come off our first cruise with NCL and loved it.

We've seen another NCL cruise we'd like to go on in September 2018 but should we book it now or is it more advisable to wait for special offers appearing?

We tend to book as soon as the cruise becomes available .A good TA will watch every day and if there are specials will notify you.

We always book well in advance to get the cabin we want ...only one time has the price gone down ( hubby checks all the time ) and we got the lower price adjustment ..of course the price has dropped quite often a few weeks before the cruise but then you have to take the cabins that are left ...

Better check the cancellation policy because Suites and up are 100% refundable if cancelled more than 120 days before cruise whereas it's 90 days for the mini-suites and below. It's 120 days for the holiday cruises.

If you book through a US site. Not where the OP is from.

I am in Australia. We travel every year to Europe to do 2 cruises. We always book at least a year ahead using our next cruise deposits that we purchase whilst cruising. There have always been big price drops and I just ring NCL and tell them the price has gone down and they adjust the price each time. Have done it 3 or 4 times on each cruise sometimes

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Wow I didn't realize different rules for different booking countries!

Is usa have a better or worse cancellation policy? Just curious.

I booked a land sea tour departing July 26, 2018 to Alaska and my dates for land are already sold out!

Apparently hotels are booked. I always stalk price and it would not let me book my trip( ncl website)

I call and sure enough the hotel portion is booked already!

Wow that is totally not the norm though.

But if your picky with room location and you can get deposit back no reason not to book early.

Happy planning

Kerri