Question for anyone who has been on Magic lately

jennas_mum

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Ecstasy. I am a big diet coke drinker so I always get the soda package. I was very surprised that they have gotten rid of fountain drinks on the Ecstasy. They only have cans. To some this may sound silly, but I do not like diet coke in a can. I have already purchased the soda package for our January cruise on the Magic.

Does anyone know if they still have fountain drinks? If not I want to cancel my package. I can take cans on myself and save some money.

TIA,

Donna

I have no horse in this race, but when I was on the Fantasy I didn't understand the can thing. The waste and cost associated with cans vs. box of fountain syrup I really do not understand why they don't use a fountain. Why not get RFID cups and let people pour their own fountain drinks vs. taking up bartenders valuable (with liquor drinks and beer) time giving people sodas.

We just returned from a wonderful cruise on the Ecstasy. I am a big diet coke drinker so I always get the soda package. I was very surprised that they have gotten rid of fountain drinks on the Ecstasy. They only have cans. To some this may sound silly, but I do not like diet coke in a can. I have already purchased the soda package for our January cruise on the Magic.

Does anyone know if they still have fountain drinks? If not I want to cancel my package. I can take cans on myself and save some money.

TIA,

Donna

It looks like you had been on NCL in the past. Perhaps you are getting them confused ? I have never seen fountain drinks on Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It looks like you had been on NCL in the past. Perhaps you are getting them confused ? I have never seen fountain drinks on Carnival.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was just on the fascination in March and they definitely had fountain. They also had cans. The bar across from Guest Services did not have fountain but others did.

Thanks,

Donna

TIA,

Donna

I sure understand why you don't like diet coke in cans. I was a big fan too but now it loses it fizz in about 10 minutes in a can! And you can't bring bottles in anymore on Carnival - it has to be cans :-( Also from what I've read it's warm and poured over ice on the Lido deck so there goes the rest of the fizz. At least if you bring it you can ice it up in your room in the can first By the way I had switched to coke zero and I wonder if Carnival is going to serve the new coke zero sugar in cans. As with any diet soda you have to acquire a taste especially if you've been drinking diet coke for years like I was! I'd try it myself before my cruise except 2 weeks ago I switched to Dasani Sparkling Water berry. Trying to kick the artificial sweetener habit. This is not easy believe me. So I'm going to cancel my bottomless bubbles too! Good luck!

If one Carnival ship don't have it THEY ALL DON'T HAVE IT............

Umm, no.

I've now seen soda service from both cans and a soda "gun" on Carnival, although for several cruises I only ever noticed cans being used. Then on one cruise (either Freedom or Conquest) I noticed the bartender making me a Diet Coke using a soda gun at the aft pool bar and I did a double-take.

It seems to be very much ship- and bar-dependent. :(

FWIW, I'd much prefer Diet Coke from a can over a bar-style soda gun, but I'd take a Freestyle Coke machine over either, like Royal has been doing. Hopefully Carnival PLC's experiment with Freestyle machines on one of Holland America's ships is fruitful. :)