Price Increase on the Breakaway

MotherofTrips

For my sailing on the Breakaway 11/5/17, the price for the 3rd, 4th, 5th guest has increased so much.

I am in a Family Oceanview Large Picture Window. Was going to add a 5th person and the cost is $919.00. Is this unusual? Also tried pricing a 3rd person in another room we have which is an inside cabin and that rate was higher then the 1st and 2nd guest.

The prices went up right after reaching the 90 days. Does anyone know if there is a chance it will go down. Wanted to bring my daughters friend along but that price seems too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe that the prices for extra passengers goes up based on how the ship is booking. They would prefer to book all cabins and all lifeboat spots. If they have too many cabins booking 3rd and 4th guests (often due to 3rd and 4th free), that they may fill up lifeboats before they fill up cabins - they may raise the extra passenger rate to make it cheaper for people to simply book more cabins.

No way to know if it will go down or not. It's presumably selling well.

I believe that the prices for extra passengers goes up based on how the ship is booking. They would prefer to book all cabins and all lifeboat spots. If they have too many cabins booking 3rd and 4th guests (often due to 3rd and 4th free), that they may fill up lifeboats before they fill up cabins - they may raise the extra passenger rate to make it cheaper for people to simply book more cabins.

No way to know if it will go down or not. It's presumably selling well.

Thank you for this explanation. When I originally booked this cabin I also got 3rd and 4th free. I had a 5th passenger in at that time but then moved one out to am inside to room with someone else. Now we want to take someone else but that price is just so high.

Hmmm, aren't you already inside the 90 days window ??? You can still and allowed to modify an existing reservation fully paid to add a 5th person to the Family OV ?? I know that it's more spacious than a regular balcony that sleep up to 4, comfortable for 3 adults w/o using that upper/pullman bed.

But, 5 person with 1 bathroom is a tough one, unless some of them are teens & children, or at least all in the family, in my opinion, of course - and, I usually feel it's okay for 4 to share a stateroom, even for an inside - especially if being frugal is important & the downside is clearly understood.

It doesn't make sense to spend an extra $900 to add a person into a Family OV. Just did a quick mock booking - how about this:

Solo cabins are available - choice of specific staterooms (plus its own private bathroom/shower, etc.) for just $1,219 including taxes & fees, $25 OBC and choice of 1 Free At Sea promo, i.e. 250/1GB internet. Or, book an inside for 1, with a discounted as a GTY (room to be assigned by NCL) but no Free At Sea promo - $1,268 including taxes & fees.

With the Upgrade Advantage rolling out, I am not surprised that prices are all over the charts ... and, specific lifeboat capacity might be an issue for them to not fill out those Family OV with more pax, as they are all cluster together ... mostly if not all, on Deck 5.

One of my BIL/SIL and her younger adult sister just booked the BA, sailing the week before you - an IB (Inside) on Deck 5 Mid/AFt ... pretty "reasonable" price, and it's a slightly "bigger" interior at 150 sq. ft. instead of the typical 135 sq. ft. - should be interesting. Tight for 3 but like the recent Gem sailing, they will probably take their chances with the Upgrade bid.

thats could be a popular sailing as the 10th is veteran's day.

Or the fact that schools in NJ are closed at least 2 days that week, most are closed 3 days, and some are closed that whole week. Since so many families vacation that week, not much goes on in school.

Or the fact that schools in NJ are closed at least 2 days that week, most are closed 3 days, and some are closed that whole week. Since so many families vacation that week, not much goes on in school.

i am booked on the same cruise as the OP. The only reason why i booked this cruise was because i am off those 2 days and really only needed to 3 vacations days off of work. its a no brainier.

The KSF is no longer available for this sailing [emoji30]

Oh darn sorry. fyi the New Year's Eve cruise on the BA had the same type of pricing and it did not drop right up until sailing though you may get lucky with them dropping the single supplement but also note the age restriction of 21 to be in a cabin by themselves. Good luck!

i am booked on the same cruise as the OP. The only reason why i booked this cruise was because i am off those 2 days and really only needed to 3 vacations days off of work. its a no brainier.

That's why you'll find me on board too that week!