Gala nights

Mrkmbb

No, shocked that you just repeated what kazu said.;)
Okay I guess the difference was too subtle for anyone to notice. My bad. We actually don't agree. Kazu stated that people should be expected to follow the guidelines, while my comment was that people should be expected to follow only the requirements in the guidelines. If that's what kazu meant, great. If not, then we don't agree, and that's okay too.

Okay I guess the difference was too subtle for anyone to notice. My bad. We actually don't agree. Kazu stated that people should be expected to follow the guidelines, while my comment was that people should be expected to follow only the requirements in the guidelines. If that's what kazu meant, great. If not, then we don't agree, and that's okay too.

Same .... same.. Splitting hairs notwithstanding. :)

Same .... same.. Splitting hairs notwithstanding. :)
I'm good with people who feel it is splitting hairs. I'm not good with people thinking that jacket and tie (the guideline) is the same as no jacket and no tie (the requirement).

I thought I just said that?

Your both right. It just there was a little bit so magic and fantasy in the air, when the nights were more formal.

You can show up wearing a potato sack as far as I am concerned.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Your both right. It just there was a little bit so magic and fantasy in the air, when the nights were more formal.

You can show up wearing a potato sack as far as I am concerned.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You can dress more formal if you so choose and create your own magic ;).

No worries :)

Beans on gala night ??? No way :D

That's what happens when you're married to a Cubana ;) Frijoles Negros/Black Beans with Ropa Vieja (shredded flank steak in a tomato sauce base), yellow rice, plantains and fried Yuca. I'll take that on a gala :D

That's what happens when you're married to a Cubana ;) Frijoles Negros/Black Beans with Ropa Vieja (shredded flank steak in a tomato sauce base), yellow rice, plantains and fried Yuca. I'll take that on a gala :D

Not just Cubanas ;). I make that for DH here as that is some of his home food. I pass on the black beans though for me. He gets it all. Love platains & Yuca. Hard to get Yuca up here though. :(

Not just Cubanas ;). I make that for DH here as that is some of his home food. I pass on the black beans though for me. He gets it all. Love platains & Yuca. Hard to get Yuca up here though. :(

Good for you; your DH must be a Latino, then, I learned that black beans over the rice bit when I first met her :)

Then it really doesn`t matter if I wore a tuxedo or a t-shirt ... I would still need a bib ;p

Good for you; your DH must be a Latino, then, I learned that black beans over the rice bit when I first met her :)

Oh yes, DH is very handy on European cruises speaking English, French & Spanish. ;).

OMG - Honestly, it seems all you want to do is bicker.

Let me make this as clear as possible for you. As long as people follow the guidelines/requirement - all is good. Those that want to dress up more can do so -there's no rule against it and, in fact, it is encouraged on board. You don't have to, of course but some of us choose to do it. I don't care what YOU wear so why worry if others want to dress a bit? As long as everyone feels good in what they wear and are happy life is good.

You need to go on more cruises ;). And longer ones with black and white balls ;)

+1!!! (y)(y)(y)

(Thread creep alert -- VERY off-topic)

Hey Jacqui and Copper John! Although I consider myself a Texan (and now a Seattleite), I was actually raised in Miami hace muchos anos ! Used to go down to Havana every weekend when I was in university to play blackjack. Gambling was legal then -- antes de Fidel. Learned cocina cubana then and to this day still cook cristianos y moros, platanos fritos, bistec palomilla, etc.

Hey Jacqui and Copper John! Although I consider myself a Texan (and now a Seattleite), I was actually raised in Miami hace muchos anos ! Used to go down to Havana every weekend when I was in university to play blackjack. Gambling was legal then -- antes de Fidel. Learned cocina cubana then and to this day still cook cristianos y moros, platanos fritos, bistec palomilla, etc.

I'm sure you've been to Calle Ocho, then ;)

snip
I couldn't care less what you wear our don't wear. What I care about is how you treat people who see things differently than you see them.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

It is such a non issue. Just wear what you want, MYOB, and have a good time. If you want to go into policing or etiquette then forget clothes police and being a miss or mr manners critic.

Consider a career in law enforcement or write a best selling book on cruise ship etiquette.

We are only on this earth for a fleeting minute. Enjoy yourself, forget about the naysayers and the debbie downers, and first and foremost don't waste your time sweating the small stuff. This world already has enough miserable people, we don't need any more.

Hey Susan,

I am a born and bred Canadian but I learned very quickly especially with all the Mexican recipe books I have ;).

I suspect that was a hint.:') Spanish and Mexican. I can make a very good mean paella Valencia ;)

Since it has to pass DH's test and my guests (one whom is Spanish) I think I can safely say that ;)