Just off Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean - Loved our Royal Suite!

SunnyAJ

We just disembarked yesterday and had a fantastic time onthe Celebrity Equinox!

We loved this ship and the staff was amazing. We stayed onthe 10th deck in stateroom 1116. We traveled with our two teenage boys as well.We dined mostly at Luminae but because of the unlimited specialty restaurantsoption, we also went to Silk Harvest, Murano, and Tuscan Grill. Michael's Clubwas also terrific. Since we’ve previously only cruised on Reflection and Millenniumships, the Hot Glass Show was new for us and a lot of fun. We visited Slush fordrinks by the pool every day and they were delicious! The ports we went to werePuerto Rico, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten.

I'll be doing a fullreview on Cruise Critic, but we enjoyed so many of the perks that this suiteoffers and if anyone has any questions about this suite or ship, I'm happy tohelp if I can!

How was your butler? Do you remember name of butler and who the bartender was in Michaels Club. Will be on in a couple of weeks and would love to see some familiar crew. How about your waitstaff in Luminae, would you recommend them?

How was your butler? Do you remember name of butler and who the bartender was in Michaels Club. Will be on in a couple of weeks and would love to see some familiar crew. How about your waitstaff in Luminae, would you recommend them?

So exciting! I remember them all. They were some of the best staff that we've had. I usually am pretty happy with our staff on Celebrity Cruises (this was our 5th family cruise with them) but I felt like this group was exceptional. Do you recognize any of these names?

Emir was our Butler and he was terrific. He never said no and always came quickly with any requests we had. The bartender in Michael's is Barbara and I wanted to bring her home with me. All of her drinks were delicious and she loved being creative with any request. We typically had 3 people in Luminae. Nino, Serkan, and Felix were great! I love how no matter what time you dine, they try to give you the same table and waitstaff. Now that I think about it, I don't recall having anyone else but the 3.

You didn't ask, but Jole is the concierge in Michael's. She is AMAZING. We really enjoyed Michael's on Equinox and ended up going there a few times a day. Did I miss anyone? Have a wonderful cruise!!

We were on Equinox last November and February and had Nino as our waiter both times. I haven't seen any mention of him recently so I'm VERY excited if he is back. I think he went on vacation in April. He was from Philippines and has worked for Celebrity since before Royal bought the line.

Barbara was in MC in Feb and was very good. At the time she said she was getting off 8/20 so maybe she has extended.

I'm not sure if Emir was our butler in Feb but who we had was the head butler and very good. We are going to be in 1118 in a few weeks.

And yes Jolie is very good as well. Did you see Anca the new Suite Manager position. She was MCC on Silhouette 18 months ago and was excellent.

We were on Equinox last November and February and had Nino as our waiter both times. I haven't seen any mention of him recently so I'm VERY excited if he is back. I think he went on vacation in April. He was from Philippines and has worked for Celebrity since before Royal bought the line.

Barbara was in MC in Feb and was very good. At the time she said she was getting off 8/20 so maybe she has extended.

I'm not sure if Emir was our butler in Feb but who we had was the head butler and very good. We are going to be in 1118 in a few weeks.

And yes Jolie is very good as well. Did you see Anca the new Suite Manager position. She was MCC on Silhouette 18 months ago and was excellent.

Yes! Nino is definitely back. It was his first week back during our cruise last week. He was telling us he's been with the company for 20 years. He will remember us as the family that brought their own 100% maple syrup! They stored it for us after every breakfast like a fine wine and brought it out the next day. :D I think Barbara may have mentioned that she extended. And Anca is there as well! I agree she is excellent. I'm thinking that Emir may have also had 1118 (since we were right next door) but I don't recall if he was the head butler. He's on the taller side, if that rings a bell?

Yes! Nino is definitely back. It was his first week back during our cruise last week. He was telling us he's been with the company for 20 years. He will remember us as the family that brought their own 100% maple syrup! They stored it for us after every breakfast like a fine wine and brought it out the next day. :D I think Barbara may have mentioned that she extended. And Anca is there as well! I agree she is excellent. I'm thinking that Emir may have also had 1118 (since we were right next door) but I don't recall if he was the head butler. He's on the taller side, if that rings a bell?

For future reference, they do stock the real maple syrup and will provide it upon request. I bought my own as well, but Davot who was one of our Luminae waiters was able to procure it from the stock room the next morning and they held it there for us for use every morning. He said the the cost was like $70 a bottle and they only served it if requested. I only had a few small 2oz bottles with me so was glad and surprised to have some available on the ship. This was on Equinox in June so not too long ago.

For future reference, they do stock the real maple syrup and will provide it upon request. I bought my own as well, but Davot who was one of our Luminae waiters was able to procure it from the stock room the next morning and they held it there for us for use every morning. He said the the cost was like $70 a bottle and they only served it if requested. I only had a few small 2oz bottles with me so was glad and surprised to have some available on the ship. This was on Equinox in June so not too long ago.

Not sure if they do this anymore? I asked a few concierges and they said they don't but we are able to bring our own. The waitstaff never mentioned it either. I'm curious now! Thanks for the tip. Ours was definitely under $70, so glad we brought it anyway!

Has Anca ever worked as a concierge on NCL? We sailed with a concierge named Anca a few years ago and she was fabulous!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure, but good question! This Anca was great, too. Petite and brown hair?

Emir was our Butler and he was terrific. He never said no and always came quickly with any requests we had.

Emir is AMAZING....he was our butler last fall and BY FAR the best we have ever encountered in 19 years of cruises....prior to him we were always somewhat ho hum about butlers but as you say, he NEVER said NO. He also helped with a very serious situation when friends of ours had to leave the ship due to an injury. He could not have been nicer, good to hear he is still on Equinox.

YUP! Sounds just like Anca from NCL. She helped us with an unusual request (she got a picture of our towel elephant up on the bridge) and was delightful!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is too cute!!! Let me know if you have that picture posted anywhere. I'd love to see! I do miss the towel animals on Celebrity.

Emir is AMAZING....he was our butler last fall and BY FAR the best we have ever encountered in 19 years of cruises....prior to him we were always somewhat ho hum about butlers but as you say, he NEVER said NO. He also helped with a very serious situation when friends of ours had to leave the ship due to an injury. He could not have been nicer, good to hear he is still on Equinox.

I could picture him doing that! He is very calming personality and couldn't have been better. I've always felt the same about butlers myself, but he impressed me. Sorry your friends had to leave though. That's always disappointing!

Barbara was fantastic, made the best Lemondrop martini I've ever had, and gave me the recipe. Sadly, she told us Sunday (the 27th) was her last day. She is going home and getting married.

This was our first Celebrity cruise and we loved it.

Now you have me even more excited about my upcoming cruise. One more staff question. Last cruise we had Jenny? as the early bartender in MC. Wondering if you ran into her at all. She is very shy.

There was a young bartender in Michael's the very last day and it was the first time I saw her. Maybe it was Jenny? I was too sad waiting there to disembark the ship so I didn't go up to her. Lol! Please check back after your cruise! I'm excited to hear how it goes!

Barbara was fantastic, made the best Lemondrop martini I've ever had, and gave me the recipe. Sadly, she told us Sunday (the 27th) was her last day. She is going home and getting married.

This was our first Celebrity cruise and we loved it.

Oh! So you were on our cruise, too?! Maybe I saw you in MC. I had her Lemondrop martini also and it was DELICIOUS. That's so nice you found out she was getting married. She is terrific!

Emir was our butler on our last cruise on the Equinox. He was indeed amazing, and by far the best butler we have ever had on any ship.:)

A few weeks ago someone reported a new boarding procedure for the upper level suites. Like getting special handling when arriving at the port, collecting luggage and getting it to the room before rooms are available. Did you receive anything like this?

A few weeks ago someone reported a new boarding procedure for the upper-level suites. Like getting special handling when arriving at the port, collecting luggage and getting it to the room before rooms are available. Did you receive anything like this?

Yes! And it was the best! For Royal and Penthouse suites on the Equinox, they should send an email a few days prior telling you where to go. You'll bring your luggage to a specified area where they will tag it and take it away. It was in the room waiting for us when we arrived. As the porters took our luggage, we were greeted by a Celebrity onshore representative who stayed with us the entire time and got us through the lines quickly for check-in. He then walked with us all the way up to the top of the gangway where we were met by another concierge on the ship who introduced us around in Michael's. It was truly the easiest and quickest cruise check-in I've ever had!

Emir was our butler on our last cruise on the Equinox. He was indeed amazing, and by far the best butler we have ever had on any ship.:)

I'm so glad we had him, especially now that everyone agrees he is the best!

Oh! So you were on our cruise, too?! Maybe I saw you in MC. I had her Lemondrop martini also and it was DELICIOUS. That's so nice you found out she was getting married. She is terrific!

She told me when she asked if she would please follow me home or at least be on Reflection for our 12/18 cruise. She laughed and told me her plans.

Sorry we didn't meet you on Equinox. Maybe we will on a future cruise.

FYI - Barbara's secret ingredient is lemoncello.