Waitlisted Question

niceguyneastbay

I am waitlisted for a REPO and if it works out great and if not no big deal.

Since we are waitlisted, do they process the order of the list by Mariner Status, FCFS or by room type?

I am not sure how this works or what the process is. Any info or tips you can provide would be great.

Thanks

Tim

I know from experience.

Many years ago we were scheduled to be on the first cruises to do a Canada/New England itinerary on the new ship -- Volendam. Well she wasn't ready and they substituted the Maasdam ship. They assigned cabins by the dates we had booked the cruise -- we didn't luck out and get the date we wanted. There were new cruises who lucked out.

Just about 3 years ago we were scheduled to be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November and then HAL decided to keep her longer in Europe. We were only given about 4 cruises to choose from. At that time we had about 1000 days on HAL and as much as our TA talked to supervisors, we could not ask for a 5th choice.

I know from experience.

Many years ago we were scheduled to be on the first cruises to do a Canada/New England itinerary on the new ship -- Volendam. Well she wasn't ready and they substituted the Maasdam ship. They assigned cabins by the dates we had booked the cruise -- we didn't luck out and get the date we wanted. There were new cruises who lucked out.

Just about 3 years ago we were scheduled to be on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November and then HAL decided to keep her longer in Europe. We were only given about 4 cruises to choose from. At that time we had about 1000 days on HAL and as much as our TA talked to supervisors, we could not ask for a 5th choice.

so much for being loyal to a company . :(

I wonder what happens if going down the wait list they run out of a certain category. Do they offer the next person on the list an alternate category or go to the first person on the list asking for an available category.

Roy

I guess I could have booked earlier because the cruise really ins't for me but a first time cruiser. As of today, I only know my work sched for the month of Sept. and I won't know my October schedule till Sept 24th.

Like I said in my original posting, not a major loss if we don't go. I would think HAL would give some priority to Mariner members just like the airlines do to their frequent flyers.

I would have booked it if the PCC had called me back that day but instead he called back after 5pm the following day.

There are plenty of perks for loyalty. Booking earlier might have avoided the wait list to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The REPO that I want from Vancouver to San Francisco is sold out. it continues on through the Panama Canal. I can't book the YVR-SFO Neptune Suite but I can book the Neptune Suite from Vancouver to Fort Lauderdale so there is room available on the ship but not allocated to the YVR-SFO portion.

Does anyone know if they will shift the availability from the YVR-FLL to YVR-SFO and SFO-FLL?

How soon before a sailing does HAL send out offer for room upgrades?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to understand how things work at HAL.

Does anyone know if they will shift the availability from the YVR-FLL to YVR-SFO and SFO-FLL?

How soon before a sailing does HAL send out offer for room upgrades?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to understand how things work at HAL.

The upsell offers could start as soon as about five weeks out from sailing. Normally between 3-4 weeks for the offers. Inventory Control uses an algorithm that only HAL knows. :)

Chances are they would try to sell the upsells before opening up additional cabins to the YVR-SFO. But it might be possible! Good luck!

The upsell offers could start as soon as about five weeks out from sailing. Normally between 3-4 weeks for the offers. Inventory Control uses an algorithm that only HAL knows. :)

Chances are they would try to sell the upsells before opening up additional cabins to the YVR-SFO. But it might be possible! Good luck!

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE - I got the cruise I wanted. HAL did not call me to offer me the room since I was waitlisted. I had a bookmark for the cruise set up and kept checking it daily.

I would have thought HAL would have offered folks on the waitlist the cruise before opening it back up to the general public.

Anyways, book and paid for. : )

UPDATE - I got the cruise I wanted. HAL did not call me to offer me the room since I was waitlisted. I had a bookmark for the cruise set up and kept checking it daily.

I would have thought HAL would have offered folks on the waitlist the cruise before opening it back up to the general public.

Wonderful! Have a great cruise.!!

• 7 months later...
After a month of hassling, we did get choice #6 that our TA proposed to HAL.

I don't understand why the cruise lines haven't caught up with airlines and hotels. I was a Platinum on Delta for many years and was told by a person that worked the elite desk that waitlists are normally cleared by loyalty status, then fare paid, then all others first come first served. When I called Delta the system asked for my Skymiles number and I was greeted by name immediately. Little things like this really make a difference.

With the amount of competition in the cruise market I can't believe the cruise lines aren't doing everything possible to keep their loyal customers.

Glad you got booked, but what would be the purpose of the waitlist if they open a sold out cruise to the public and not notify or offer to those on the wait list first?:confused: