Hurricane irma....ugh

Well, just finished up lunch and the wife is in search of cheesecake.

Not so much as a word has been said about it other than a few people saying "they'll probably reroute us"

I'll post once we hear something official assuming we still have cell service

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We leave the 9th from Fort Lauderdale on the Conquest for our first cruise. I am watching this hurricane like a crazy woman. I know I can't change the weather but I did so much research into our ports!!!

I hope she doesn't cause to much distruction or ruin to many vacation plans.

On that same cruise. I am hoping flights don't get cancelled. Flying in Friday evening.

Well, just finished up lunch and the wife is in search of cheesecake.

Not so much as a word has been said about it other than a few people saying "they'll probably reroute us"

I'll post once we hear something official assuming we still have cell service

Good luck on the cheesecake lol. I searched on one cruise and was told best way to get it as room service. Also keep us posted on Irma and safe travels. Leaving 9/9

Oh one important thing to note, despite the possibilities everybody onboard is in a good mood. Excited to go and do whatever.

That is great!!! So you guys are heading to the east then? Bc they havent announced anything yet..

While I do have a cruise on 9/21 out of Port Canaveral, we live in Central FL so we're preparing for the worse but hope for the best. I see that it is only a very small chance of it being a "fish storm" , so where Irma hits, I hope everyone is prepared and stocks up this weekend. I already have and my DH calls me a nervous nelly or worry wart. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

We rode out Charlie, Frances and Jeanne in 2004, but I certainly don't want to go through that again, especially with a 5 year old who has no clue what is going on. He already climbs in bed during thunderstorms.:eek:

As for our cruise looks like we'll be seeing where Jose goes if it develops into a storm.:confused:

We are sailing 9/9 on the Sunshine to Canada. I figured Canada would be safe in September [emoji33] but the if Irma comes up the coast we may have issues coming back home. A few years ago a Canada cruise got diverted to Bermuda. Wouldn't complain about that! Planning to pack shorts and my bathing suit just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

2 of those ports are great (GC, MB), one is pretty good (Cozumel), and one is so so (Belize).

Belize would be my favorite port on that itinerary and the one that I'd be most thrilled about! [emoji3].

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello. I'm new here and we are going on our first cruise next Sunday the 10th, out of Baltimore. I've never paid much attention to hurricanes so don't know much about them. Should we be concerned? We are supposed to go to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

Hello. I'm new here and we are going on our first cruise next Sunday the 10th, out of Baltimore. I've never paid much attention to hurricanes so don't know much about them. Should we be concerned? We are supposed to go to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Freeport.

We've only sailed during hurricane season once before. As long as you are able to board the ship safely, Carnival will take care of you. They may divert you to different ports of call than you are currently scheduled for, but that's better than having to cancel your trip.

We sail out of Galveston on the 23rd, so I'm watching the tropics closely.