Hurricane irma....ugh

I feel like departing from San Juan is the biggest issue right now. Not for this upcoming sailing, but the ones leaving next Sat/Sun. Getting into Puerto Rico from mainland US seems at least tricky and at most impossible for almost all the models I have looked at so far. I 100% know this thing is WAY up in the air, but for right now I am mentally preparing myself for not going on vacation next weekend.

We're leaving Sunday on the Magic out of Port Canaveral. We're supposed to be in Amber Cove Wednesday and Grand Turk Thursday. I don't think it will be possible. 😭

I know that's the dangers of hurricane season cruising but it's still disheartening. We're taking my very reluctant parents and MIL on their first cruise and this is not helping matters. Lol

I will be leaving this Saturday, Eastern Caribbean on the Glory. Its hurricane season. If it were to rain every day I would feel blessed as compared to our friends affected by Harvey. I am still thrilled to be leaving. Flying into Miami early tomorrow, let the fun begin!

I had a B2B eastern/western 3 Octobers ago. Because of a hurricane scheduled to hit St Thomas/San Juan on the days the Conquest was supposed to be in port, my B2B turned into a western/western itinerary. The Captain announced the change prior to leaving Florida, and several hundred cruisers decided to retrieve their luggage and get off the ship before it sailed.

I stayed on and had a great time on both sailings.

Going out of Boston to Bermuda on the 8th. Will be in Bermuda(Hopefully) on the 10-12. I know everyone wants it to go out to sea but I want it to stay south. Out to sea means Bermuda. Its not like they can go to another port. right?

Going out of Boston to Bermuda on the 8th. Will be in Bermuda(Hopefully) on the 10-12. I know everyone wants it to go out to sea but I want it to stay south. Out to sea means Bermuda. Its not like they can go to another port. right?

Yes , One year a Bermuda cruise was diverted to New England .

I'm on Victory that is leaving on 9/11 out of Miami... I'm really hoping it just stays out at sea. This is my first cruise and it's my birthday present to myself.

Me too except not my first cruise. But will be my first dodging a hurricane [emoji52]. It's our 25th anniversary cruise so I really hope it works out.

We're flying into Miami on Sunday evening so I've got that to worry about too.

But, to keep things in proper perspective, missing a cruise is nowhere close to losing a home or a loved one [emoji853][emoji11]

I'm torn on getting to Miami. Supposed to fly in Sat morning 9/9. Do I try to fly in Friday, 9/8? But what if I get there and they cancel the cruise and then I'm stuck in Miami during a hurricane?!? I'm going to wait until Monday or Tuesday and see what it does. #stressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm torn on getting to Miami. Supposed to fly in Sat morning 9/9. Do I try to fly in Friday, 9/8? But what if I get there and they cancel the cruise and then I'm stuck in Miami during a hurricane?!? I'm going to wait until Monday or Tuesday and see what it does. #stressed!

I'm trying to decide the same thing.....