Hurricane irma....ugh

We leave on the Vista on 9/9. This new model gives me hope! The last ones just had Florida and everywhere we were going right in the crosshairs.

We are sailing on her too, same date and just a little nervous!!!!! Never cruised during hurricane season and probably never will again. lol

On the latest gfs model it was being taken up the east coast.

On the latest euro model it was being taken in between Cuba and Florida into GOM.

These models will change multiple times over the next few days. Listening to all the experts they agree on two things. Irma won't be feeding fish and she will be a huge storm with a massive wind field. In addition when you run the above models you will also see Jose following behind Irma as he is about to come off the coast of Africa now although he will start out more southerly. Many people ask which model is more accurate, typically the euro is but you never know.

We are scheduled to leave out of Port Canaveral for Our honeymoon to Western Carribean on Carnival on Sept 9. Praying we make it out of Port then I'm happy to sail away till the weather clears!!!:hearteyes::hearteyes:

#FloridaNative

#RidingtheStormOut

#PrayersForTexas

I'm supposed to be sailing out of Port Canaveral on the 9th. I'll be bummed if we don't get to but I'm trying not to worry about it since I can't control the weather. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best!

Lem_On_Ade - I'm on the same sailing as you. Keeping my fingers crossed also.

we are heading out this sunday from puerto rico so watching the reports like a hawk not sure where we could go if itinerary change is needed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also on this cruise - should be interesting!

Where can I find this?

THIS PLOT IS NO LONGER VALID.

As of 5:00pm EDT/AST, it is heading WSW right at the Lesser Antilles. Those of us on southern/eastern Caribbean itineraries this weekend are screwed. Especially bad will be San Juan departures ... :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

I'm supposed to be sailing out of Port Canaveral on the 9th. I'll be bummed if we don't get to but I'm trying not to worry about it since I can't control the weather. I'm just going to cross my fingers and hope for the best!

I am also sailing on magic on the 9th!! Fingers crossed!!

I will be leaving this Saturday, Eastern Caribbean on the Glory. Its hurricane season. If it were to rain every day I would feel blessed as compared to our friends affected by Harvey. I am still thrilled to be leaving. Flying into Miami early tomorrow, let the fun begin!

We leave the 9th from Fort Lauderdale on the Conquest for our first cruise. I am watching this hurricane like a crazy woman. I know I can't change the weather but I did so much research into our ports!!!

I hope she doesn't cause to much distruction or ruin to many vacation plans.

Also booked on the conquest for the 9th,first cruise.Hoping it goes out to sea and the one following.30th anniversary!

I will be on this same cruise. I'm watching Irma like a hawk. She better stay far away.

I also sail Sunday. Don't think Amber Cove next Thursday is happening! I figure there will be an itinerary change - maybe Western instead? As long as the ship sails I'm on vacation and don't care!

"As long as the ship sails I'm on vacation and don't care!"

I could be mistaken but isn't that from the opening scene of Poseidon Adventure?

I am on this sailing praying also🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾

We are leaving from New Orleans to Cozumel September 7th, should I be worried about Hurricane Irma????

No you shouldn't. Sunday/Monday should have a good idea if Irma goes toward the coast of the US or into the gulf. There is a high in the upper parts of Atlantic Ocean. Depends how strong and how low the high gets on which direction she goes. You will know her direction before boarding ship, not exact location, but depending on were you live this may help relieve stress. Once on board carnival will avoid the storm.