VAPING ON DIVINA??? (vapors only answer please)

timelordjason

Telling me to follow a policy for SMOKING because there is NO I MEAN ZERO policy for vaping is stupid ignorant and your just doing it to stir up things.

The only policy that I have seen that involves e-cigs treats them the same as cigarettes (within the stateroom). Other guests have reported seeing those who vape asked to stop by the staff (some staff will ignore if no guests complains).

If MSC treats vaping and smoking the same (even though they obviously aren't) then we (the guests) should follow the policy. Discreetly breaking a policy is stil breaking the policy. Being discreet may only lessen the odds of there being a problem.

Let's use chewing tobacco as an example. There is no policy for that as far as I know. If anyone tried to use smoking policy against someone chewing, the policy wouldn't apply. If the MSC policy for vaping is the same as smoking, THEN using the smoking policy would be applicable.

Perhaps an email to MSC for clarification would put the question to rest once and for all. If answered, whatever MSC decides should be adhered to from all sides (vapers/crew/anti-smokers/anti-vapers, etc)

This post is just idiotic, the OP knows it's not acceptable but in his original post says...he doesn't care. Enough said, he's inconsiderate and doesn't care what the rules are, he and his wife will do what they want to do. Some people feel the need to 'pull one over' b/c they feel they're better than everyone else. What a moron.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would totally never use my vape in my room and on my balcony. In the unlikely situation that I would, I'd probably avoid doing it near the smoke detector in the room and blowing down and away from it. If I were to do it in, hypothetically of course, use one in a YC balcony on Divina, I wouldn't have be caught doing it at all either. ;) Just don't be dumb with it and you'll be fine.

I'm a vaper, my husband smokes cigars (poor thing) & we travel with another couple. She vapes, & he gave up smoking years ago. He claims he can smell her menthol flavored vape in their house. I can't smell anything. I vape tobacco flavored to get a little nicotine in my system after many yrs. of cigs. When I sit in the smoking section on deck, the real smokers laugh at me. I have discreetly vaped on my balcony with my a.m. coffee or late night drink. Occasionally I have had a drag or 2 while walking other decks. No problem.

NAH

I already got that answer from another post. I can wear jeans in the dining room on non formal nights despite the ships suggestions :)

Nah, what I meant was that there seemingly is no other topic that riles people up than the question of whether blue jeans should be allowed in the main dining room for dinner. But this one may be close.:cool:

Can we say 'entitled' here, nothing will change their self righteous minds, rules do not apply!

Dont ask me why people are self righteous about vaping maybe they just dont understand it. Yes though trying to bunch it into smokers is very entitled and self righteous you are correct.They just don't get it though so lets just putty them instead of being mad at them. Maybe one day they will understand vaping is not smoking just as coke is not liquor. I guess they want people to drink cokes in bars with the liquer drinkers too?

show me where in their policy it says that they treat vaping the same as smoking please.

I've been on the Divina twice in the past 11 months and will be on it again on September 30th. I vape and yes the same rules apply for vaping as smoking tobacco products .You will see it in the information sheet that is in your room. That includes your cabin and balcony.Cigar Bar prominade on the port side of deck 7 and the garden bar / pool with the exception of the bar itself..

timelordjason, I have no problem with vaping and yes I understand what it is, it's your condescending attitude and going against what are rules for everyone that bothers me. I just don't get why you feel you have the right to do as you please. I'll bow out now but wanted you to realize my side too.

Interesting topic LOL. I've skipped by most of the replies as I just know they are going to be from anti-vapers that don't know the first thing about it. Even the UK government is now onboard with it and there is even talk of it not being confined to smoking areas. After all, vapers have given up the smoking habit so why should they have to frequent the smoking areas? If you're interested, here's a link to the article on UK Gov website. Some of you might want to educate yourselves.......

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

Personally, me and my husband are both vapers, and yes we do indulge on ships, however I'm not going to tell you when and where. :) What I can tell you is that on Splendida last year, people were openly vaping in one of the bars and the staff were not bothered at all.

Just to add, both me and my husband were aided and encouraged to quite smoking through National Health Service quit smoking programme. They even paid for 6 months supplies of nicotine replacement. That was 6 years ago and neither of us have touched a cigarette since then.

(((PLEASE do not get onto me about this and if you do not vape please do not tell me how bad it is to sneak and do it. I understand but dont care. Most who vape will get it. AND PLEASE DO NOT i repeat DO NOT tell us to go to where smoking is allowed because we do not like the smell of cigarette smoke. )))

My wife and I have vaped on a cruise that didn't allow smoking before. We were very discreet and very polite about it. We did not have a problem on Carnival Paradise in the hallways or in the bars at all. We never vape at dinner or in eating areas and in public areas we take small draws not to fill the place with vape. Will we be gotten onto or get into trouble if we are discreet in bars and such for vaping? We are going to be on Divina in October. We use the small cylinder vapes (vape pens) that doesn't fill a room with fog just a 2 second puff of vape that dissipates.

This "disclaimer" you speak of is not a "disclaimer". Rather, it is a "declaration" of biased discussion. You are literally starting a conversation on a public forum asking that no one disagree with your opinion on vaping. Think about that for a few minutes.

I wouldn't trust the U.K. government concerning public safety.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

OMG!!! On what do you base your statement? You need to think about your own government before worrying about the UK. Anyway, that's a totally different argument and has nothing to do with cruising. Suggest you find a political forum!

I find this whole discussion ridiculous. The OP knows it is against MSC's policy but is looking for approval for contravening said policy. Such persecution. If vaping in not harmful as many of the posters say, why not lobbying the cruise line to change its policy.

I find this whole discussion ridiculous. The OP knows it is against MSC's policy but is looking for approval for contravening said policy. Such persecution. If vaping in not harmful as many of the posters say, why not lobbying the cruise line to change its policy.

I agree, it's not really the place to discuss breaking the rules, however I guess there are many different cruise ship rules that are broken all the time but nobody admits to them. At least the OP is being honest in asking the question.

Interesting topic LOL. I've skipped by most of the replies as I just know they are going to be from anti-vapers that don't know the first thing about it. Even the UK government is now onboard with it and there is even talk of it not being confined to smoking areas. After all, vapers have given up the smoking habit so why should they have to frequent the smoking areas? If you're interested, here's a link to the article on UK Gov website. Some of you might want to educate yourselves.......

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/e-cigarettes-around-95-less-harmful-than-tobacco-estimates-landmark-review

Personally, me and my husband are both vapers, and yes we do indulge on ships, however I'm not going to tell you when and where. :) What I can tell you is that on Splendida last year, people were openly vaping in one of the bars and the staff were not bothered at all.

I love all these valid point and tank you for them and congrats on quitting smoking. KUDOS TO YOU