Need a hotel in Port Canaveral precruise

mitsugirly

We prefer to stay in Orlando (where lots of hotels meet your requirements, including some near MCO with airport shuttles if that is important to you) and then drive to PC and drop the rental car off the morning of the cruise.

How did you get from the car rental drop-off to the cruise terminal? Take a taxi or does the car rental company provide a shuttle to the cruise terminal?

Yes, actually it's the closest to the port (it claims) and located on Astronaut (or maybe it's the closest on that road..who knows). It's about 1 mile away. If you look it up on google maps (or google earth) you'll see just how close it is.

We've stayed at CI&S a couple of times pre-cruise and were happy with it - it was clean, quiet and breakfast was complimentary and good. It is very close to the port; when we checked in, we scheduled the shuttle time. We had no problems with the shuttle to and from the ship either time.

We stayed at the Residence Inn.. we walked over the to gas station next door and got some waters, sodas and snacks to keep in the room. We were there a few nights before the cruise. They do have a shuttle to the port. The front desk has menus too if you want to get takeout ;)

Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach

8959 Astronaut Blvd

Cape Canaveral, Florida

1-321-323-1100

We prefer to stay in Orlando (where lots of hotels meet your requirements, including some near MCO with airport shuttles if that is important to you) and then drive to PC and drop the rental car off the morning of the cruise.

How did you get from the car rental drop-off to the cruise terminal? Take a taxi or does the car rental company provide a shuttle to the cruise terminal?

As mentioned above all of the car rental agencies run free shuttles between their offices and the port. If you have a big group I would drop passengers and bags off first, and then drop the car off and ride the shuttle solo - for just two of you I would skip the drop off and both ride the shuttle.

So I ended up booking Country Inn & Suites there on Astronaut. They offered free hot breakfast and we managed to get a 1 bedroom family suite for a decent price ($139).

Residence Inn was over $200 and just couldn't justify that price for only over night.

Now I'm hoping that the place will still be standing after Irma hits. :(

Is Astronaut a street? If not, can u give me some info on the hotels location or a link so that I may check them out? I am "exhausted" trying to final a reasonably priced property that is not too far from the port! :confused:

Linda

Is Astronaut a street? If not, can u give me some info on the hotels location or a link so that I may check them out? I am "exhausted" trying to final a reasonably priced property that is not too far from the port! :confused:

Linda

Yes, Astronaut is the street it's located on. 9009 Astronaut Blvd. We ended up with a 1 bedroom suite with a queen bed and 2 twin beds (bedroom separate from the rest) for only $139 (that includes fees and taxes) for our night in November. So, I thought that was a decent rate.

Linda

Sorry, I knew that this was too good to be true, I had the wrong port! We r sailing out of Port Everglades. The price was great plus we r members of the Carlson Club, shame on me for not paying more attention. But thanks for the response, it was much appreciated. Safe sailings to u and your family.