Pride this Sunday....

medianeh

Should be plenty of time on Sunday to get in and out. The following week the Pride does Bermuda, I'm hoping that is what we do but I hope they decide soon. I don;t see how the T & C or Bahamas will be in shape next week for a visit.

This was the portion of the earlier announcement that pertains to the Pride: Carnival Pride – September 10

We will depart Baltimore on September 10 on a cruise to Canada/New England. Itinerary details will be confirmed today at 6:00 PM. Given the significant itinerary deviation, guests may elect to cancel and receive a future cruise credit. Guests wishing to sail will receive a 25% future cruise credit based on the fare paid for this cruise.

This was the portion of the earlier announcement that pertains to the Pride: Carnival Pride – September 10

We will depart Baltimore on September 10 on a cruise to Canada/New England. Itinerary details will be confirmed today at 6:00 PM. Given the significant itinerary deviation, guests may elect to cancel and receive a future cruise credit. Guests wishing to sail will receive a 25% future cruise credit based on the fare paid for this cruise.

Yeah its pretty sucky but I guess we've decided to just go since vacation time has already been put in and such.

At least people have more notice this time around so you can bring the proper clothing. Last time Pride was deverted, people were unprepared. Still I know it's a bit of a damper when you heart is set on the warm weather, but Pride is a beautiful ship and hopefully some beautiful fall scenery will make up for it.

I would do the same an enjoy another cruise with the 25% off. We received a 25% discount once and we used it to upgrade on our next cruise.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

We did the same thing when our Bermuda cruise got diverted to Eastern Caribbean due to hurricane. Next cruise we booked went ahead and booked an extended balcony cabin which we normally don't splurge on but felt we deserved after missing our Bermuda cruise. That 25% off really came in handy. Make the most of a situation and be grateful to be out of harms way.

I was hoping for a bit more than 25% off. I read somewhere that the last time this happened they got 25% off and $100 onboard credit per person

I was on the Pride last year when they diverted us to NYC. We weren't prepared for it at all. We found out at 10 pm the night before. We all had warm weather clothes with us. The weather in NYC was 60's. So we all bought sweatshirts and hoodies there.

We ended up getting 50% off a future cruise bc even though our itinerary changed from Caribbean to NYC and St. John, we never made it to St. John. We stayed in NYC for 2 days, and then sailed up and down the coast from NY to Baltimore.

By the time we disembarked in Baltimore, there was only 700 passengers onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh and I almost forgot - for those who stayed on the cruise and didn't get off in NY. (Because we found out in NY that we weren't going to St. John) we got $250 onboard credit per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sure you were hoping for tropical weather, but a Canada cruise is great in it's own right. A nice change of pace. In Saint John, we have gone both NE and SW with rental cars both times. I think it is Enterprise right there by the port (?). NE has the tidal changes and rock cliffs; SW has the town of Saint Andrews, a quaint little village with a lovely botanical garden and also a light house. Enjoy!

I was on the Pride last year when they diverted us to NYC. We weren't prepared for it at all. We found out at 10 pm the night before. We all had warm weather clothes with us. The weather in NYC was 60's. So we all bought sweatshirts and hoodies there.

My husband & I were also on that cruise. We received the email at 9 pm and living in the Baltimore area, we were able to repack quickly. The local 24 hour Walmart near the airport did a lot of business that evening. Although we didn't go where we had planned, we had a great 2 days in New York without the huge bill for a Manhattan hotel. We grabbed a quick cab ride to the far side of Central Park and a strolled through the park and back to the ship.

We're booked for the same cruise to Grand Turk, HNC and Freeport again this year. We now just have to wait and see.

Note: I grew up just outside of Niagara Falls.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone get info on their 25% off for future cruise? I never got an email about it and my travel agent said Carnival is telling her they never offered that to us. She is still trying to get answers but was wondering if anyone else got information about it.

Be happy they gave you anything, as they didn't have to.

#firstworldproblems

So I have a question around this. How can they legally put it in the T&Cs that they can divert to anywhere without compensation when they charge different prices depending on popularity. I could see if it was normally equivalently priced that it could be interchangeable, but some destinations by default are more expensive due to the popularity of the destination.

We are leaving for Bermuda on Sept 30th and when we booked this cruise is was a full $1,000 more for us than the Sunshine going to Canada. We chose to spend the extra money because we wanted to go to Bermuda. I know Carnival has no control over the weather but they do have control over the cost of the cruise.

It's like picking out a new car with all the features you want then after signing the paperwork you go out and get in and find out it's not the same car you agreed to buy.

Just a question, not trying to stir up trouble.