Jewel medical emergency

NancyL2

The point is that the op is upset because no one told them what happened

To op does in fact know what happened

The ship stopped and a pax was medivac

Do you really think the op has the right to know the details of that pax emergency?

Would you want the entire ship and cc world to know your medical emergency info?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really couldn't care less if the entire ship knew if it were me. It's human nature to be curious. I'd sure want to know if it was a problem like food poisoning or something that could affect others. If I were on the ship and seen the helicopter land, I'd sure want to know. I'd bet that there was more then 1 person there asking what happened. Since there is a lot of info on this board, why not ask? Everyone is different. I try not to judge others.

* HIPAA - and I would bet that the Jewel is not subject to those regulations, but probably just respects their passenger's privacy as a core value.... doesn't need to be told to.

The Jewel it self is not subject to those regulations but that's a good question in regards to their medical department / hospital if it's not an American ship – HIPAA is just United States. I know Europe and Canada have their own medical data protection rules.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have to chuckle because we have a FB resident site and when I hear sirens, I'll go to that site and people are already posting, "I just heard sirens go by my house, anyone know what's happening"? :'):')

HA HA HA awe do too! Our group is concerned citizens...lol and many of those people on that Facebook group have Home scanners where they listen... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I really couldn't care less if the entire ship knew if it were me. It's human nature to be curious. I'd sure want to know if it was a problem like food poisoning or something that could affect others. If I were on the ship and seen the helicopter land, I'd sure want to know. I'd bet that there was more then 1 person there asking what happened. Since there is a lot of info on this board, why not ask? Everyone is different. I try not to judge others.

Don't be so dramatic. If there were an outbreak of some kind on the ship, do you really believe they would engage in some sort of clandestine cover-up to keep you out of the loop? Give me a break.

An individual's need for privacy in these matters does not trump the need to assuage your human nature to be curious.

YOU may not care if the entire ship knew it was you, but can you understand that others might not want that? And I thought you said you try not to judge others. Try harder.

Don't be so dramatic. If there were an outbreak of some kind on the ship, do you really believe they would engage in some sort of clandestine cover-up to keep you out of the loop? Give me a break.

An individual's need for privacy in these matters does not trump the need to assuage your human nature to be curious.

YOU may not care if the entire ship knew it was you, but can you understand that others might not want that? And I thought you said you try not to judge others. Try harder.

Wow! I know now why some people don't bother coming on this board anymore! Some people are just trying to look for a fight or to "start something." I believe I seen them referred to as "trolls". It's a shame when you can't give your opinion without getting attacked!

Jewel medical emergency update: I was on the same cruise in which the OP indicated there was a medical evacuation via tender. Captain Pelle (the best captain I have cruised with!) announced during his morning briefing the following day why the ship had stopped. If you are not familiar, the town of Skagway does not have a doctor (only NP). The Jewel transported two RESIDENTS of Skagway to Juneau where they could receive medical services.