Benefits to booking Carnival excursion in advance?

orimeep

Apologies in advance - I am sure this is answered somewhere but I am struggling with the search function on this forum...

Is there any benefit to booking Carnival excursions in advance? I am used to booking my own, but for a variety of reasons, we'll be going through Carnival on our upcoming vacation?

Just wondering if there is any benefit to booking in advance or if we should wait til we're on board to use our OBC.

Thanks so much!

Paula

Only only benefit really is making sure you get a spot before it sells out. However, all of my desired excursions have still been available by the time I get on the ship. If you have your heart set on something specific, it's worth booking ahead of time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Apologies in advance - I am sure this is answered somewhere but I am struggling with the search function on this forum...

Is there any benefit to booking Carnival excursions in advance? I am used to booking my own, but for a variety of reasons, we'll be going through Carnival on our upcoming vacation?

Just wondering if there is any benefit to booking in advance or if we should wait til we're on board to use our OBC.

Thanks so much!

Paula

When I booked my cruise I had 72 hrs (if I remember correctly) to book excursions and get 30% off .

Thanks so much!! That's what I figured - just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something (i.e., I know things like the Cheers Program are less expensive if you purchase in advance)!

Alot of them really do sell out early, so if its something you are really set on booking early is the way to go.

The advantage is that you get a guaranteed spot on the excursion and don't run the risk of it being fully booked when you get on board.

You are actually NOT guaranteed a spot on the excursion. Twice we have paid in advance and the excursion has been a no go. The first was because Carnival no longer considered the tour provider as reliable, and the second was because not enough others had signed up for that excursion.

Edited by ontheweb
changed acceptible to reliable

You are actually NOT guaranteed a spot on the excursion. Twice we have paid in advance and the excursion has been a no go. The first was because Carnival no longer considered the tour provider as reliable, and the second was because not enough others had signed up for that excursion.

True. I don't usually book cruise line but excursions, but I've had table mates who have had excursions cancelled because not enough people booked. I also read a thread on another cc board today about a family booking and paying for an Atlantis dolphin excursion weeks before they sailed, traveled from the ship to Atlantis in the cruise line provided bus, only to be told at Atlantis that they were at capacity for dolphin encounters. Despite escalating the issue, Atlantis did not budge and they had to fight with the cruise line for a credit for the excursion. So, definitely, you are never guaranteed, but you do cut down on the odds of it selling out by the time you board.