Bermuda Cruises

vwgolf

We're looking at doing a cruise to Bermuda next August and it looks like both NCL and Celebrity offer these, the former from Boston and the latter from Cape Liberty in New Jersey. We've cruised with NCL once before but never with Celebrity so was wondering what people's views of the two were? I may be mistaken but I thought Celebrity was a little, how shall I say, "up-market" but including the flights from London, it is several hundred pounds cheaper.

We're looking at doing a cruise to Bermuda next August and it looks like both NCL and Celebrity offer these, the former from Boston and the latter from Cape Liberty in New Jersey. We've cruised with NCL once before but never with Celebrity so was wondering what people's views of the two were? I may be mistaken but I thought Celebrity was a little, how shall I say, "up-market" but including the flights from London, it is several hundred pounds cheaper.

Celebrity is still mass market, but is considered a slight step up from say Royal Caribbean.

We have sailed both ships to Bermuda, each ore than once. As far as the ship/line, I'd go with either! However we preferred the "Veendam" out of Boston as it is able to dock in Hamilton and not at the Dockyard. It's more central to everything on the island, you can watch the Hamilton street fair right from the ship and when the NCL "Breakaway" is at the dockyard, it's just way too many people and long queue's for the ferry, buses, cabs...everything! We've never flown to either, but I would imagine if you're coming from UK, you will. Less hassle to get to the ship in Boston from Logan than to Port Liberty from Newark or JFK (particularly JFK). And if you are going to spend some pre/post cruise time, Boston is a great city to explore. However, if "X" is considerably less expensive, I'd be quite happy with it.

As long as you dont mind the smaller ship (with less to do on it) I would agree with Marco. To me the Dockyard (Where the larger ships all dock) is the LAST place I would want to visit on Bermuda. (Especially if yo have more than one ship in port) Where a ship docking in Hamilton (In the middle of the island) has access to a LOT of shops/restaurants/ and is a pleasant place to wander day and night.

To Bermuda, I have cruised:

NCL...Breakaway NY

Celebrity ....Summit NJ Cape Liberty

Royal Caribbean....Explorer and Anthem NJ Cape Liberty

Loved all 4 ships and cruises. I don't think you will have a bad time on any of the ships. Just try to find what suits YOU best. Food, entertainment...etc....is subjective. You will always find something to do and eat on all of the ships. The best part is BERMUDA..The most amazing and beautiful Island, with the most amazing people.:cool:

I've been to Bermuda twice both times with NCL. Once from Boston on the Dawn and I just got back from the Breakaway out of NYC. Both were great trips. NCL offers a free ferry to St George. I liked docking at the Dock yards. You are close the shopping and there are a variety of excursions you can do from there and there are lots of transportation choices from there. Honestly Bermuda is fabulous so I don't think you can go wrong no matter where you are docked.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I believe NCL has a ship from NY also.

NCL Escape

If you have children, this is the ship.

I would pick the one that spends the most amount of time in Bermuda.

The Dawn is smaller but still nice. Boston, so easy to get to and cruise from.