Oasis of the Seas for Sept 24 departure

DearGuest:

We wanted to provide you with an update on your Oasis of the Seas September 24thsailing.

Due to the impact of Hurricane Maria on San Juan, Puerto Rico, we have made some modifications to your itinerary.

For your convenience, all changes are outlined in the updated itinerary, below:

Day

Date

Port Name

Arrival Time

Departure Time

Sun

9/24/2017

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

4:30 PM

Mon

9/25/2017

Nassau, Bahamas

9:00 AM

5:00 PM

Tue

9/26/2017

Cruising

Wed

9/27/2017

Cozumel, Mexico

8:00 AM

7:00 PM

Thu

9/28/2017

Costa Maya, Mexico

8:00 AM

5:00 PM

Fri

9/29/2017

Cruising

Sat

9/30/2017

Cruising

Sun

10/1/2017

Orlando (Port Canaveral), Florida

6:00 AM

Any pre-paid shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment, and you will have an opportunity to book new shore excursions once you board.

We are sorry for the impact that the storm has had on your vacation. While not the itinerary or situation that we originally anticipated, we are looking forward to having you onboard and know that you will have a great time!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

Edited by webboy634

St. Kitts is fine after the Hurricane Maria and Labadee should be ok too.

Agree, now we must suffer a day in Nassau. With only 7.5 hours in San Juan they could have extended the time in St. Kitts and Labadee and made the other day a sea day. Now we get this (IMO) sub-par itinerary with Nassau. More people actually stay on the ship in that port now.

Edited my original post. There may be enough to do at Cozumel and Costa Maya to make it work. My wife have been to Costa Maya once before many years ago and it was not very interesting but it seems they've added more excursions. The same with Cozumel from what I can tell online. I'm still not sure about Nassau because Atlantis about the only thing there and that gets old quick.

I understand the reasoning behind the change, but I am still unhappy. Since we are traveling from Texas to Florida for this cruise, I don't want an itinerary that is mostly ports I have gone to from Galveston several times. I would be happy with Labadee and St. Kitts only and they can keep my San Juan excursion money for hurricane relief. I could enjoy 4 sea days better than the 6 days onboard I'll be having now.

Maybe the port is full

Likely. With 6+ island ports shut down in area, many ships needing to change port, remembering that Royal is one of many cruise lines, some will need to switch to Western. I use sail over Labor Day every yr, had to change at least one port more then dozen times. Happens... As others said, think what these Islands are going threw, areas of PR will be without power for 6 months. Changing ports, 1st world problems...

Agree, now we must suffer a day in Nassau.

SUFFER a day in Nassau? Lol. :rolleyes:

You poor thing. I guess you can stay on the ship and mope with everyone else while the very few people who get off the ship go and have a great time. Maybe Royal will credit you for the pain and suffering of having to visit a beautiful Bahamian island on your vacation?

I understand your disappointment with Nassau. I am willing to bet that a lot of the folks will feel the same. We sailed to Costa Maya a few years back and rented a gold cart and went all over the island. Had a great time and it was very reasonable and safe. People have lost their lives and their livelihoods. The damage from these hurricanes has been catastrophic to those little islands. I always sail during hurricane season and I realize that there might be itinerary changes. I am willing to bet that you will have a fantastic time no matter that beautiful ship takes you!!

Booking a trip in hurricane season is less expensive than other times of the year. One of the reasons is that interruptions to itineraries are more likely than at other times of the year. To me this is a calculated gamble that one should make going in recognizing that changes can happen.

Out of curiosity, what ports were on the original itinerary?

Originally - St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee.

After Irma - St. Maarten was changed to St. Kitts.

After Maria - Nassau, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.

Originally - St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee.

After Irma - St. Maarten was changed to St. Kitts.

After Maria - Nassau, Cozumel, and Costa Maya.

Thanks. We are on the Oct 1 Allure Eastern sailing and watching your week to see what is happening.

I don't know if they will send the Allure as far as Mexico as it has propulsion issues currently and they need to keep it a tighter itinerary. I wonder if that is why they moved you from Labadee... did they need that spot for the Allure?

Here are our changes to date for comparison:

• Originally: Nassau, St. Kitts, St. Thomas
  • Allure propulsion: Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan (swapped San Juan for St. Kitts)
  • Hurricane Irma: Nassau, Labadee, San Juan (swapped Labadee for St. Thomas)
  • Hurricane Maria: do not know yet. Could be a swap of San Juan to Falmouth as it is close and can handle Allure.

Edited my original post. There may be enough to do at Cozumel and Costa Maya to make it work. My wife have been to Costa Maya once before many years ago and it was not very interesting but it seems they've added more excursions. The same with Cozumel from what I can tell online. I'm still not sure about Nassau because Atlantis about the only thing there and that gets old quick.
Believe it or not I love Nassau, it's one of my favorite ports. Loads of things to do there that don't cost a lot of money. Walk over to the Queens Staircase, take a Jitney to Potters Cay or Arawak Cay, visit Fort Fincastle, Versailles Gardens and French Cloister, Ardastra Gardens, Government House. I could go on and on.

Believe it or not I love Nassau, it's one of my favorite ports. Loads of things to do there that don't cost a lot of money. Walk over to the Queens Staircase, take a Jitney to Potters Cay or Arawak Cay, visit Fort Fincastle, Versailles Gardens and French Cloister, Ardastra Gardens, Government House. I could go on and on.

Fish Fry is great! Arawak is where our adopted dog was found. Should also try and visit one of the Daiq Shack's - people have no idea how good a daiquiri can be. No mixes here, just fresh fruits. As you are pointing out, there is so much to do in Nassau. It's sad that so many here bash it, who truly have never made any effort to enjoy the island, especially to newer posters who may not have had a negative outlook.