Will Bali Volcano effect Sea Princess?

While we are talking ring of fire ........ isn't already overdue for the BIG one in California..????.

Interestingly timed just to coincide with Unkle Kim Young Un and Facecrooktwitterfi Trump's personal game of thermo nueculer, it's pronounced nueculer (thanks Homer), ego tennis game.

I'll get my tin foil hat aand the rest of you conspiracy theorists better take a number and get in line!!

Edited by Dobby_The_Ship_Elf

While we are talking ring of fire ........ isn't already overdue for the BIG one in California..????.

Interestingly timed just to coincide with Unkle Kim Young Un and Facecrooktwitterfi Trump's personal game of thermo nueculer, it's pronounced nueculer (thanks Homer), ego tennis game.

I'll get my tin foil hat aand the rest of you conspiracy theorists better take a number and get in line!!

Don't worry, there is bound to be a sock for you handy.

Its in Northern Vanuatu on the Island of Ambae which is in a direct line with Luganville. The volcano is called "Monaro"

NZ Govt have issued a travel warning for Bali , and any one heading over there should register. A state of emergency has been declared in Vanuatu.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/340251/bali-volcano-nz-issues-travel-warning

ABC News here is showing evacuation of people from Ambae, because of state of emergency.

Bali is looking more active each day also. Our news here is showing people going in to rescue dogs left behind.

http://www.mytwintiers.com/news/local-news/entire-island-evacuated-as-volcanoes-rumble-in-bali-and-vanuatu_/821136077

The entire Island of Ambae has now been evacuated. People have been taken to Pentecost Island and some even down to Port Vila,

Meanwhile on Bali over 144000 have been evacuated . Friends were saying that if anyone was going there to take lots of cash as the ATM's have been emptied and vendors are very reluctant to take credit cards ,Many are refusing cards and only accepting cash.

http://www.mytwintiers.com/news/local-news/entire-island-evacuated-as-volcanoes-rumble-in-bali-and-vanuatu_/821136077

The entire Island of Ambae has now been evacuated. People have been taken to Pentecost Island and some even down to Port Vila,

Meanwhile on Bali over 144000 have been evacuated . Friends were saying that if anyone was going there to take lots of cash as the ATM's have been emptied and vendors are very reluctant to take credit cards ,Many are refusing cards and only accepting cash.

I wonder if people who are already there thought to stock up on cash.

Hopefully there will be no loss of life, with people on both islands being evacuated.

Personally, I don't know why anyone would go there at this time.

Currently we go in early Nov or lose $2700 accom plus $600 cancellation/rebook fee on Qantas because until the Volcano actually explodes there is no relevant insurance claim.

• 1 month later...

I would not go there anytime Mic. Once was enough.:evilsmile: Not my scene, markets, temples, drunken bogans, traffic chaos, active volcanos, tsunamis, earthquakes, have I forgotten anything? oh yes, Bali Belly - food poisoning.

From what I've heard from more than one friend who have been there in the last couple of years there are still some beautiful places in Bali, free of drunken bogans and traffic chaos.

And since I grew up in NZ earthquakes and active volcanoes are part of the "scenery". :D

Indonesian authorities have raised the volcano alert to the highest level and ordered people with 10 k to evacuate. Disaster Management said a potential eruption can happen anytime.

Not exactly a Christmas destination. The ash cloud has stopped flights again for at least the next 18 hrs.

Lets hope the big one does not occur.:(

Denpasar/Bali Airport closed to all air traffic. I feel sorry for those trying to get out and get in. In the 1960's the big eruption closed the airport for a year, apparently.

My wife was at Sydney Airport last night, chaos she said.:(

We were in Bali 2 weeks ago. Because the volcano had not erupted back then the Insurance company would not allow us cancellation refund of pre paid accommodation so it was either lose $2500 plus airfare penalty to change flights. We were very lucky. There was an earthquake while we were there - I was in the bathroom at the time and the walls rocked from side to side.

Parts of Bali are beautiful. You just need to know where to go. We never see any drunken Aussies nor bogans on our trips.

We were in Bali 2 weeks ago. Because the volcano had not erupted back then the Insurance company would not allow us cancellation refund of pre paid accommodation so it was either lose $2500 plus airfare penalty to change flights. We were very lucky. There was an earthquake while we were there - I was in the bathroom at the time and the walls rocked from side to side.

Parts of Bali are beautiful. You just need to know where to go. We never see any drunken Aussies nor bogans on our trips.

You were very lucky indeed. I hadn't heard about any earthquakes, in addition to the volcano. They are currently moving local people further away from the volcano. They are looking at different ways of getting all the visitors off the island, if flights continue to be unsafe.

You were very lucky indeed. I hadn't heard about any earthquakes, in addition to the volcano. They are currently moving local people further away from the volcano. They are looking at different ways of getting all the visitors off the island, if flights continue to be unsafe.

I said to my hubby last night we had dodged a bullet. We had cleared a couple of days from work after just in case but this is going to be much worse than that. Would have wrecked our business. So much for the Govt plans having buses and ferries to get people to other airports. But we knew that was a furphy.

The earthquake was at 6am almost exactly and rated 4.9. Located in Ubud and we were in Nusa Dua.

Interestingly yesterday the earthquake lasted 30 minutes deep within the volcano.