Snoozin card changed--no Crusin side

crusinpsychRN

So if he’s out on the balcony, put out the Snoozin sign. When you’re out of your room, take it off. There’s really no need for the Cruizin side. It’s not like very many people put them out anyway. I was lucky if I saw one Cruizin sign down the entire hall. If they don’t see you are Snoozin, and it’s during their regular hours then it’s assumed you are up and out of your room both with and without the Cruizin side. But in all reality, many of them already know when you’re gone. How, I have no idea.

They watch the camera that people say is built into the T.V. set.

You do realize every single thing that is changed is subject to complaint and ridicule. Someone will figure out a reason why that change is the single dumbest thing Carnival has done and how it will ruin their cruise experience.

They could give every guest a free gold bar upon embarkation and someone would complain it's too heavy to lug around so the cabins should be made ready immediately so they can unload it.

Unhappy people are never happy and will take every opportunity to let you know it. That's how this whole thread started.

That has to be the most ignorant thing I've ever seen. What makes a person completely unhappy because they don't like something? I'll take your gold bar, no problem.

No one said it's a cutback. I'd like to be able to tell steward I'd like my cabin cleaned.

Then I guess you’ll just have to leave the sign off like the majority of the people have always done. If you get in the habit of putting the Snoozin sign out when you’re in the cabin, then when they see it’s gone they will enter. Or they will just go in as usual. Very few people ever put the Cruizin sign out anyway. They know when you aren’t there because they are magic!

The first time I saw it I had thought it was misprinted....

So if you don't hang a card they assume you are out of your room.... best use that extra lock on your door of you are in there taking a shower....

I noticed the same on the inspiration earlier this month. I miss it. I saw my steward on the way to breakfast to let him know we were out of the cabin to freshen up. It might be a coincidence, but it seems strange that when you have to chose morning or evening the hangers are also different

I noticed the same on the inspiration earlier this month. I miss it. I saw my steward on the way to breakfast to let him know we were out of the cabin to freshen up. It might be a coincidence, but it seems strange that when you have to chose morning or evening the hangers are also different

On Conquest I got both morning and evening without asking (I actually asked for evening only but got both) and the card said the same thing on both sides.

Is there a sensor of some type in the room that alerts the room steward when the cabin is occupied or not? It is very odd that they know. I do know for a fact they can check your room from the line leading off the ship because once we didn't know if my husband had left the room to meet us off the ship. The man at the "ding" machine was able to tell he was in the room. Don't think you can see who or what but just that there is someone in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is there a sensor of some type in the room that alerts the room steward when the cabin is occupied or not? It is very odd that they know. I do know for a fact they can check your room from the line leading off the ship because once we didn't know if my husband had left the room to meet us off the ship. The man at the "ding" machine was able to tell he was in the room. Don't think you can see who or what but just that there is someone in the room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, no sensors that I’m aware of especially on the older ships. Maybe somehow like in the cabins that have the card slot to turn on the lights, they could somehow tell that there was a card in the slot, however, even that sounds a little far fetched to me. But then again, you never know. I suppose it could be possible. I have never personally heard of such a thing but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

No, no sensors that I’m aware of especially on the older ships. Maybe somehow like in the cabins that have the card slot to turn on the lights, they could somehow tell that there was a card in the slot, however, even that sounds a little far fetched to me. But then again, you never know. I suppose it could be possible. I have never personally heard of such a thing but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

Well, there IS that mysterious glass lens-like thingie under the light-switch in the cabin on Conquest-class ships..... :eek:

I bet the card was leading too often to an expectation that the cabin would be cleaned "soon" after the Cruizin side was hung, instead of in order during the attendant's progress up the hall. A great deal of customer satisfaction is managing expectations and eliminating anything that fosters expectations different from what the service provider intends will generally improve perceived quality among all but the most critical consumers.

This post may have been entered by voice recognition. Please excuse any typographical errors.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I leave the cabin, my steward sees me. I always tell him where I'm heading (MDR or trivia) to give him some idea of how long I'll be gone. I like coming back at 10:30 to catch my soap operas, so I'll let him know how long I will be in there (1 hour 30 minutes)

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

There is a sensor that tells them when the deadbolt is engaged. I found that out first hand several years ago.