Snoozin card changed--no Crusin side

crusinpsychRN

Since you tell them whether you want morning or evening service, they know the general time that you will be out of the room. So why would you need a door hanger? They are required to check in the room daily anyway so the hanger is trivial.

I told mine I only wanted evening but he still came twice a day to exchange my towels and bring me ice (lol). He was very good. I wrote about it in my Conquest thread.

To me too. I barely saw mine last cruise. Low and behold every time in the morning when I went out I came back to an ice bucket full. Never asked for one and have no idea how they knew I was gone because I didn’t see them in the hall. I don’t need them pestering me while I’m in my cabin and if they want to chat, great. If not that’s cool too.

We only got ice when I left a note that I wanted ice (even though I left a note that stated "please keep ice bucket full each day"), our bed was made and we did get fresh towels so that was good, but the floor was never vacuumed (and hadn't been before we got to the room the first day because there was crumbs on the floor underneath the chair when we got to our room the first day). I don't expect to have a chatty conversation but it would have been nice if she didn't keep stopping us and ask what cabin we were in and if she'd met us yet.

Since you tell them whether you want morning or evening service, they know the general time that you will be out of the room. So why would you need a door hanger? They are required to check in the room daily anyway so the hanger is trivial.

I don't remember ever informing anyone of either option. Is it a card in the room that you put out on your door knob?

I don't remember ever informing anyone of either option. Is it a card in the room that you put out on your door knob?

Some ships/stewards have gone to once a day and it is on a card they present and go over with you, but both should still be an option. I have yet to see a card and have always gotten twice a day.

On NCL they have a dial outside the door. Welcome, please make up room, do not disturb, please turn down room. You cannot steal them. You just set them when you come and go. Works really well in my observation. Over time I am sure it cost less than hang tags.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On NCL they have a dial outside the door. Welcome, please make up room, do not disturb, please turn down room. You cannot steal them. You just set them when you come and go. Works really well in my observation. Over time I am sure it cost less than hang tags.

That's good. Can anyone change it from the hall?

My point exactly, how will the stewards know who's crusing versus who is not using the sign? This change forces people to not use the sign while they are cruising...

How does this force you to "not use the sign"???

I just got off the Sunshine last Saturday. Our room steward met with us on day 1 and asked us to put the Snoozin' sign on the door when we were in the cabin and take it off when we were out of the cabin. It worked great. Not once did he knock on our door when we were in the cabin. When we were not in the cabin he took the time to clean.

It blows me away what people will find to complain about.

I have a solution, they could add cameras to the state rooms so all they have to do is check the monitor to see if your in your cabin or not!:o There would be no knocking waking anybody up from their naps.....LoL

FYI, for the record I am not trolling just being funny...LoL :')

How does this force you to "not use the sign"???

I just got off the Sunshine last Saturday. Our room steward met with us on day 1 and asked us to put the Snoozin' sign on the door when we were in the cabin and take it off when we were out of the cabin. It worked great. Not once did he knock on our door when we were in the cabin. When we were not in the cabin he took the time to clean.

It blows me away what people will find to complain about.

Because everyone that used to use it while they were cruising will no longer use it. How can they if cruising isn't available to them anymore? If you're this uptight after going on your cruise then you weren't on the water long enough. You should book another one ASAP

That's good. Can anyone change it from the hall?

They are too high for a child to switch but yes someone over five feet tall could switch it. That would be rude!! Not an accidental brush off. And incorrect replace. Is mischief turning truly an issue??

Because everyone that used to use it while they were cruising will no longer use it. How can they if cruising isn't available to them anymore? If you're this uptight after going on your cruise then you weren't on the water long enough. You should book another one ASAP

I'm not uptight, I am able to go with the flow just as I did last week when I cruised without a Cruisin' sign and it didn't affect my week at all.

Your the one whose world has been turned upside down because of another Carnival cutback. :rolleyes:

I'm not uptight, I am able to go with the flow just as I did last week when I cruised without a Cruisin' sign and it didn't affect my week at all.

Your the one whose world has been turned upside down because of another Carnival cutback. :rolleyes:

I haven't once said that I am upset. I dont even use the sign. I didn't complain either for that matter. You are the one that just called it a cutback AND said "another", lol

Cruise again, you need it!

I have a solution, they could add cameras to the state rooms so all they have to do is check the monitor to see if your in your cabin or not!:o There would be no knocking waking anybody up from their naps.....LoL

To be honest, I thought they already had a camera in the cabin somewhere (like that mysterious glass lens-like thingie underneath the light-switch). :D

--How else to explain the fact that in seven Carnival cruises, we've never been bothered by a steward-ninja while we were in the room, and yet they've been able to clean the stateroom at times when we were only away for 10-15 minutes at most? :cool:

I am just off the Paradise on the 21st also and noticed that it only says snoozin' and not cruisin'. Not a big deal but my mind just wondered why the change. It can't be a cost issue to print a different word on the other side. Why? Then I thought the same as a previous poster -- people were fooling with these and turning them around. It wouldn't surprise me, I've heard of people messing with the room service breakfast door hangers, and other things. Probably mostly kids. But maybe not.

Totally agree, love NCL set up.