Snoozin card changed--no Crusin side

crusinpsychRN

Thanks for sharing. I think it's a bad change too. That card is one of the best ways to communicate with the cabin steward without interrupting his/her work. The only thing I can think of is maybe too many people were stealing them since they had "cruising" on them.

It was the best way to let the stewards know. My DH has some health issues and can't always leave the cabin early so it was really great for us to "announce" to him the cabin was all his :).

So if you don't hang a card they assume you are out of your room.... best use that extra lock on your door of you are in there taking a shower....

BINGO !!! :D

They are currently making hand over fist in profits. bookings, pricing way up. I think they can afford a cheap little snoozing/clean cabin sign.

They still have the sign if you have been reading any of this thread including the title. The difference is it only says "Snoozin" on it. So when you're in your cabin, put the sign out and lock the deadbolt. When you're out and ready for your cabin to be cleaned, remove the sign. It's really not that difficult of a concept to understand for most people.

It was the best way to let the stewards know. My DH has some health issues and can't always leave the cabin early so it was really great for us to "announce" to him the cabin was all his :).

DH spends a lot of his day in the cabin or out on the balcony.

They still have the sign if you have been reading any of this thread including the title. The difference is it only says "Snoozin" on it. So when you're in your cabin, put the sign out and lock the deadbolt. When you're out and ready for your cabin to be cleaned, remove the sign. It's really not that difficult of a concept to understand for most people.

Thank you but we're not dense in understanding the "difficult concept" .... the reasons the 2 sided sign was especially good for us is above your quote.:rolleyes:

I forget to put the sign out half the time. I'm more likely to remember it when I don't want to be disturbed. If I'm in the shower while hubby is at the gym, you can bet I will put it out. As far as the cruisin sign, I figure they will clean my cabin when they get to that spot in their normal routine. Plus, there is the concern over kids flipping the old ones around.

DH spends a lot of his day in the cabin or out on the balcony.

Thank you but we're not dense in understanding the "difficult concept" .... the reasons the 2 sided sign was especially good for us is above your quote.:rolleyes:

So if he’s out on the balcony, put out the Snoozin sign. When you’re out of your room, take it off. There’s really no need for the Cruizin side. It’s not like very many people put them out anyway. I was lucky if I saw one Cruizin sign down the entire hall. If they don’t see you are Snoozin, and it’s during their regular hours then it’s assumed you are up and out of your room both with and without the Cruizin side. But in all reality, many of them already know when you’re gone. How, I have no idea.

I can't believe that people are complaining about a sign. Seriously? Put the sign out when you want to be left alone or don't want anyone in the room. Take the sign off when you want the room cleaned. If you have special needs or requirements, the room stewards have these unique things called "ears" so that you can use those flapping things on your face to tell them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I can't believe that people are complaining about a sign. Seriously? Put the sign out when you want to be left alone or don't want anyone in the room. Take the sign off when you want the room cleaned. If you have special needs or requirements, the room stewards have these unique things called "ears" so that you can use those flapping things on your face to tell them.

I feel the same way. It’s really not a big deal. It’s not like they got rid of the signs altogether so it’s not another cutback.

You do realize every single thing that is changed is subject to complaint and ridicule. Someone will figure out a reason why that change is the single dumbest thing Carnival has done and how it will ruin their cruise experience.

They could give every guest a free gold bar upon embarkation and someone would complain it's too heavy to lug around so the cabins should be made ready immediately so they can unload it.

Unhappy people are never happy and will take every opportunity to let you know it. That's how this whole thread started.

My point exactly, how will the stewards know who's crusing versus who is not using the sign? This change forces people to not use the sign while they are cruising...

I would bet that even with the Cruising Sign on the door, the Steward would knock on your door before they entered. If the Snoozing Sign is up, they would not knock on your door at all until it disappeared. I have never had a crew member enter my cabin without first knocking on the door.