Venting :(

cfr70

I like the way you think! :D

I'm gonna abuse the hell out of Cheers. If i'm only at 10 drinks by bedtime, the other 5 will be those $40 champagne drinks. I'll go to bed happy each night and more than recoup my $60. It's a Win/win.

Oh my, I'd be pissed. More about them doing me a courtesy then not getting fttf

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly. It's not so much the glitch, but them basically saying "We lost your FTTF transaction in our system but we'll still let you have it as a courtesy." As if I should be grateful?!

It also seems they want to process my card again. I can't make an understanding of the wording of the e mail. It's unclear and i'm awaiting clarification on it. Here it is...maybe someone can decipher what the heck it means:

"Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Line. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have agreed to offer you a comp FTTF on board and you will not be charged. In order for accounting team to search for your missing payment of $59.95 charged on 7/15/17 for credit card # 8001 we will need your full credit card payment for further research. We do reflect this in your bank statement but not in or records. Please advise if you are ok with sending us this information for further investigation"

I really have no idea what the hell that means. Anybody can figure it out?

I understand your frustration but it's not entirely the fault of customer service. Technology is not flawless and glitches can and do happen. A few months after we bought our house, our mortgage lender withdrew our mortgage payment twice "by accident" and overdrew our account. It took a month to clear it up, get the overdraft fees reversed, etc. Mistakes happen everywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes but the key to repeating the same mistake again is finding the root cause and correcting it. OP has provided screen shots of payment and more than enough information for Carnival to get to the bottom of the situation instead of writing it off as a customer courtesy.

When your bank screwed up your mortgage, I doubt they just gave you your money back as a courtesy. They found out what the problem was, corrected it and made restitution. Huge difference and that's why OP is rightfully ticked - probably even more ticked now the he/she has learned that this has been an issue for others.

On the RCCL board, there was a thread that went on for months about erroneous bottled water charges after debark. For most involved, it was much more about RCCL's refusal to get to the bottom of the issue than the 12 bucks - they waived the charges as a courtesy. In the end, they just stopped putting the bottles in the cabins which in my mind was not a satisfactory solution. Employees of RCCL were stealing from RCCLs customers and RCCL took that particular opportunity away from the employees, but the employees are still there, so the problem is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes but the key to repeating the same mistake again is finding the root cause and correcting it. OP has provided screen shots of payment and more than enough information for Carnival to get to the bottom of the situation instead of writing it off as a customer courtesy.

When your bank screwed up your mortgage, I doubt they just gave you your money back as a courtesy. They found out what the problem was, corrected it and made restitution. Huge difference and that's why OP is rightfully ticked - probably even more ticked now the he/she has learned that this has been an issue for others.

On the RCCL board, there was a thread that went on for months about erroneous bottled water charges after debark. For most involved, it was much more about RCCL's refusal to get to the bottom of the issue than the 12 bucks - they waived the charges as a courtesy. In the end, they just stopped putting the bottles in the cabins which in my mind was not a satisfactory solution. Employees of RCCL were stealing from RCCLs customers and RCCL took that particular opportunity away from the employees, but the employees are still there, so the problem is still there.

After reading that, giving RCCL a try just went out the window for me!

Exactly. It's not so much the glitch, but them basically saying "We lost your FTTF transaction in our system but we'll still let you have it as a courtesy." As if I should be grateful?!

It also seems they want to process my card again. I can't make an understanding of the wording of the e mail. It's unclear and i'm awaiting clarification on it. Here it is...maybe someone can decipher what the heck it means:

"Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Line. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We have agreed to offer you a comp FTTF on board and you will not be charged. In order for accounting team to search for your missing payment of $59.95 charged on 7/15/17 for credit card # 8001 we will need your full credit card payment for further research. We do reflect this in your bank statement but not in or records. Please advise if you are ok with sending us this information for further investigation"

I really have no idea what the hell that means. Anybody can figure it out?

Definitely a poorly worded request, but I don't think they are asking for a new payment, just more information on the payment you made.

Sounds like the are now "giving" you faster to the fun since they can't figure out what happened but want more information on that payment so they can figure out what happened.

I think you said you sent them a screen shot of your statement showing the charge and - if you click on that charge - you'll be able to give them more information on where the money went. I certainly can understand why at this point you'd just tell them to "shove it" rather than help them figure out what account of their's charged you (instead of the one they are looking at) but I read this as them trying to get to the bottom of the issue - which is what you wanted.

Definitely a poorly worded request, but I don't think they are asking for a new payment, just more information on the payment you made.

Sounds like the are now "giving" you faster to the fun since they can't figure out what happened but want more information on that payment so they can figure out what happened.

I think you said you sent them a screen shot of your statement showing the charge and - if you click on that charge - you'll be able to give them more information on where the money went. I certainly can understand why at this point you'd just tell them to "shove it" rather than help them figure out what account of their's charged you (instead of the one they are looking at) but I read this as them trying to get to the bottom of the issue - which is what you wanted.

I did reply back requesting clarification of their request and will definitely help them in whatever capacity I can if it helps. It's weird that they are trying to investigate, yet still tell me they're going to be "courteous" and give me the FTTF anyway as a "comp".

It's basically putting the cart before the horse....calling me a liar first, but then we'll investigate to see if you're telling the truth....Will they still call it a "courtesy" or "comp" when they find it? Or own up to their error and apologize?

In any case, as frustrated as I am with all this, I am doing what I can to help. I did try clicking on the transaction in the online banking page, but nothing expands when I do. Perhaps when I go into Chase tomorrow they can click on it for the information Carnival needs. It's just a very, very bizarre situation all around.

I did reply back requesting clarification of their request and will definitely help them in whatever capacity I can if it helps. It's weird that they are trying to investigate, yet still tell me they're going to be "courteous" and give me the FTTF anyway as a "comp".

It's basically putting the cart before the horse....calling me a liar first, but then we'll investigate to see if you're telling the truth....Will they still call it a "courtesy" or "comp" when they find it? Or own up to their error and apologize?

In any case, as frustrated as I am with all this, I am doing what I can to help. I did try clicking on the transaction in the online banking page, but nothing expands when I do. Perhaps when I go into Chase tomorrow they can click on it for the information Carnival needs. It's just a very, very bizarre situation all around.

Yes Carnival has a problem with FTTF. I purchased it and then cancelled it when I became Platinum. When we showed up to check in our boarding pass showed we were "Priority" but they couldn't find our S&S cards there. They checked the regular check in area, not there either. Lo and behold they were at the FTTF check in area and the cards had the sticker on them even though we had cancelled and received our refund. We even told the woman at the check in that it had been cancelled. If it had been at the same time as your problem I would have said that's where your money went, ha-ha. But our cruise was at the end of April.

Didn't make any difference for me since I was Platinum but it did give my gold husband the opportunity to go to the separate line at guest services if he had needed to. But he wouldn't have done that anyway he just would have had me go there if needed. He doesn't like to handle those things.

I sure hope you get this straighten out and I do agree they should give you some OBC for the problems they put you through.

So my tug of war with Carnival rages on regarding the Faster to the Fun I purchased that's not showing up on my sailing. I'm truly going bonkers over this and ready to pull my hair out....or my PVP's.

After supplying Carnival with a screen image of my bank statement showing the $59.95 FTTF charge debited from my account in July, plus the e mail confirmation of my purchase forwarded to them for proof, along with my debit card numbers as well.....after reviewing ALL that 100% solid absolute proof of my FTTF purchase, what do they say?

"Accounting still cannot find that charge anywhere in Carnival's system. After further review, we will agree to comp you FTTF while on board the ship as a courtesy."

WHAT?!....You want to COMP me something I already PAID for as a "courtesy" to me?! And getting it while on board negates the whole reason for buying it in the first place....early boarding and cabin access.

My God, am I being unreasonable for feeling completely insulted by Carnival?! This is their error yet they're condescendingly telling me "we'll give FTTF to you anyway while you're on the ship even though we don't believe you actually bought it." I'm truly disgusted right now and my PVP doesn't seem to care either. Vent over. (I feel a tiny bit better.)

Take the" freebie ''and enjoy your cruise

You might be taking this too personally. The money is not where it's supposed to be, certainly not your fault, but by definition it's a comp until they find it.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that an entity besides Carnival is at the bottom of this (bank error or even a hack) - it could be the modern day version of "the check is in the mail".

Carnival is saying they don't have the money (at least where it is supposed to be) - that's not the same thing as calling you a liar. To the contrary, they are giving you a product even though they currently have no record of receipt of payment on their end.

Edited by nealstuber

Yes Carnival has a problem with FTTF. I purchased it and then cancelled it when I became Platinum. When we showed up to check in our boarding pass showed we were "Priority" but they couldn't find our S&S cards there. They checked the regular check in area, not there either. Lo and behold they were at the FTTF check in area and the cards had the sticker on them even though we had cancelled and received our refund. We even told the woman at the check in that it had been cancelled. If it had been at the same time as your problem I would have said that's where your money went, ha-ha. But our cruise was at the end of April.

Didn't make any difference for me since I was Platinum but it did give my gold husband the opportunity to go to the separate line at guest services if he had needed to. But he wouldn't have done that anyway he just would have had me go there if needed. He doesn't like to handle those things.

I sure hope you get this straighten out and I do agree they should give you some OBC for the problems they put you through.

The strange thing is that FTTF is being displayed under the "My Activities" tab. So it's somewhat attached to my sailing and may hopefully be at the FTTF check in area on sailing day like it was for you. (even though you cancelled).

Carnival just has absolutely no record of my purchasing it even though it's partly in my booking, hence no way to refund it, so they say.

If they can just get the thing showing on my boarding pass and luggage tag, i'll be hunky dory....but they can't seem to even do that.

Question for you: After you canceled FTTF did it continue to be displayed on your boarding pass & luggage tags in your cruise manager?

As for any OBC, it would certainly not be declined by me, but i'm not one of those who feel comfortable asking for compensation so I haven't gone there with them in any kind of request for it. To be honest, a simple apology would suffice with me, but i've received neither from Carnival or my EVIL PVP. (Yes, he is that bad. I dread corresponding with him and can't wait till the cruise is over so I never have to again.)

You might be taking this too personally. The money is not where it's supposed to be, certainly not your fault, but by definition it's a comp until they find it.

It's not beyond the realm of possibility that an entity besides Carnival is at the bottom of this (bank error or even a hack) - it could be the modern day version of "the check is in the mail".

You could be right and i'll try to keep that in mind when the smoke starts coming out of my ears from the aggravation. I AM glad they're actively looking into it, so it's best to not take it too personal while it resolves. Viewing things from that perspective, it's certainly not the end of the world. Thanks for the advice. It's appreciated. :)

The strange thing is that FTTF is being displayed under the "My Activities" tab. So it's somewhat attached to my sailing and may hopefully be at the FTTF check in area on sailing day like it was for you. (even though you cancelled).

Carnival just has absolutely no record of my purchasing it even though it's partly in my booking, hence no way to refund it, so they say.

If they can just get the thing showing on my boarding pass and luggage tag, i'll be hunky dory....but they can't seem to even do that.

Question for you: After you canceled FTTF did it continue to be displayed on your boarding pass & luggage tags in your cruise manager?

As for any OBC, it would certainly not be declined by me, but i'm not one of those who feel comfortable asking for compensation so I haven't gone there with them in any kind of request for it. To be honest, a simple apology would suffice with me, but i've received neither from Carnival or my EVIL PVP. (Yes, he is that bad. I dread corresponding with him and can't wait till the cruise is over so I never have to again.)

After I became Platinum but before I cancelled it the FTTF circle showed on my Boarding Pass and Luggage tags along with the word PRIORITY and was also showing on the cruise manager page as purchased. After I cancelled, the FTTF circle was removed from the cruise manager page and from the Boarding Pass but the word PRIORITY remained.

The luggage tags still show FTTF but also PRIORITY. I think the tags always show the FTTF symbol for Platinum and Diamond people even though they haven't purchased it. I believe that helps the porters identify the luggage that should be delivered first. But don't forget to get the orange tag put on your luggage when giving it to the porters or you probably won't get your luggage any faster than normal. Even with that there is no guarantee that it will arrive faster.

After I became Platinum but before I cancelled it the FTTF circle showed on my Boarding Pass and Luggage tags along with the word PRIORITY and was also showing on the cruise manager page as purchased. After I cancelled, the FTTF circle was removed from the cruise manager page and from the Boarding Pass but the word PRIORITY remained.

The luggage tags still show FTTF but also PRIORITY. I think the tags always show the FTTF symbol for Platinum and Diamond people even though they haven't purchased it. I believe that helps the porters identify the luggage that should be delivered first. But don't forget to get the orange tag put on your luggage when giving it to the porters or you probably won't get your luggage any faster than normal. Even with that there is no guarantee that it will arrive faster.

Thanks for the info. It just makes me wonder, if it can be put on and off the documents that quickly in the system, then why can't Carnival just press a few keystrokes and place it onto mine? If they're questioning if I really purchased it, all they have to do is click the My Activities tab in my Cruise Manager to see it. Gah!

But i'm glad to you and others who've shared your stories about similar situations with Carnival. It makes me know i'm not the only one and feel less alone in my little war with them. Hopefully i'll be able to laugh about it on the cruise. :)

You could be right and i'll try to keep that in mind when the smoke starts coming out of my ears from the aggravation. I AM glad they're actively looking into it, so it's best to not take it too personal while it resolves. Viewing things from that perspective, it's certainly not the end of the world. Thanks for the advice. It's appreciated. :)

I appreciate you helping them out so it might not happen to others.

I know you're frustrated by the fact that it took them so long to look in to this.. Not making excuses for them, but it has been a really busy month for them and they were even shut down for a couple of days due to Irma. I know it looks like they only got on this when you threatened to cancel, but these same folks have been dealing with thousands of FCCs, and refunding all of the associated extras - not saying your issue is not important - it is - but maybe not as important to them as some of the other things they've been working on this past month.

I appreciate you helping them out so it might not happen to others.

I know you're frustrated by the fact that it took them so long to look in to this.. Not making excuses for them, but it has been a really busy month for them and they were even shut down for a couple of days due to Irma. I know it looks like they only got on this when you threatened to cancel, but these same folks have been dealing with thousands of FCCs, and refunding all of the associated extras - not saying your issue is not important - it is - but maybe not as important to them as some of the other things they've been working on this past month.

You're right and i'll try to keep that in mind. It is the worst timing for this to happen with everything else they're dealing with. And I still have 66 days until sailing and surely things will be resolved by then. I need to just breathe lol.

Still pissed how they handled things though. Not so much Carnival as the 2 PVP's i've dealt with as neither wanted to do anything to help me resolve this. I had much more luck with the general Carnival e mail address on my own which pretty much put me off PVP's for good.

Ah. I was just seeing if you were on our sailing out of Galveston next weekend. We'd buy you a drink for your troubles since Cheers wouldn't start until day 2. :')

That's nice of you thanks. :)

You can bet that Carnival's going to be buying me the drinks for my troubles since i'm taking full advantage of Cheers. I'm going to have lots of $40 champagne glasses and so much free specialty coffee that I won't sleep for the whole cruise. ;p

IT'S FINALLY RESOLVED!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!! :cool:

Just received an e mail from Carnival saying to use it as my FTTF--

"Thank you for your email please be advised of the following procedure as it relates to your request.

Yes please use this e-mail as a confirmation for your FTTF which will include the early boarding and everything that FTTF offers. Please see below instructions once arriving to the pier. At this time you will not need to send us your credit card information.

• Priority luggage - Once you arrive at the pier, please see the porters for FTTF luggage tags advise them that you will appear on there manifest.
  • Check- In/ Boarding: Please proceed to FTTF lane/ Priority check-in and advise the carnival representative that you have been manually added to faster to the fun.
  • Guest Services: Feel free to visit guest services should you have any questions or request addressed.

We want to thank you again for your patience on resolving this matter! We look forward to providing you a FUN and memorable cruise vacation.

Guest Access Support

Carnival Cruise Line"

So apparently the boarding pass & luggage tags aren't going to update, or they can't manually do it so i'll just need to carry this e mail around with me. It's good enough for me and i'm now able to put this behind me.

I'm also going to forget about disputing the charge as I did pay for it and I feel trying to reverse it would be like stealing. If Carnival lost the money that's their fault, but it's theirs to lose, not mine.

In any case, a happy ending and I thankfully never ever ever have to communicate with my evil PVP again! That's the cherry on top!

Thanks to everyone for your helpful advice and kind words. I love the CC boards and it's been very therapeutic for me haha.

Now back to planning my vacation worry free! :cool: