NCL waiting to announce 2018 caribbean itinerary changes?

my3sonsnj

while i do not want to cancel my cruise scheduled for feb 2018 i do not want to go to Florida and the Bahamas. AS i still have one month to go before final payment i will wait and see. If i don't get any change notifications i will still sail, however, if i do get notification that we are going to Florida and Nassau i may have to get my deposit back and just not go - i think many people my feel the same way and i am sure NCL may also feel this way - hence the holdup for change notification IMO

Being that this is my honeymoon, I would be devastated to go North. We want the sun and beach!!!

I too am on the Halloween 11-day cruise and they are announcing changes to cruises that are taking place in December and January and we're less than 4 weeks away from our cruise date with still no updates to the '2-week wait' that NCL emailed everyone about. I see the Gem is in Bar Harbor ME right now, I would hate to think that they may possibly change a Caribbean Cruise to a Canada Cruise.... Would be ecstatic if they changed to a Southern Cruise to the ABC isles...

I hear you, I've been making payments on my 2/18 cruise for 1.5 years. This is a big deal to us and definitely do not want to stop in FL or Bahamas. I could have done that much cheaper ;) on a 7 day cruise, lol. I think people booking out of NYC for the Caribbean cruises are doing so to get to places that a one week cruise just can't do without flying to a different port.

I am really wondering why NCL has announced altered itineraries for Epic and Escape but not the 2 Southern Caribbean cruises on the Breakaway or the Eastern Caribbean cruises on the Gem?

most likely because they have no idea where they are going, as so many of the islands, normally on a southern route are damaged. They can only do so much.

BTW of course we would all be upset if we had our hearts set on certain ports, most of us who have cruised often have had this happen, but the cruise lines can only do so much. Would you rather go to an island you really were not planning on sailing to or go to the one you wanted so badly and get off the ship to nothing what so ever except crumbled houses.

Would you rather go to an island you really were not planning on sailing to or go to the one you wanted so badly and get off the ship to nothing what so ever except crumbled houses.

Can't speak for most people, but I would rather go to Tortola or St Thomas operating at 50% than Cozumel or Port Canaveral at 100%. I am on the Gem out of NY (for now) 2/2/18 but I think NCL are in a bind since I would think most travellers are within a short drive of the pier, so they can cancel quickly without loss of flight/hotel cancellation fees. Several of these Eastern ports claim they can be up and running by November...so...it is not really the port itself that's an issue, it's the money printing 'excursion' game that is an issue. If they say western Caribbean or Florida/Bahamas, I am out...Antigua's available, St Kitts, probably St Thomas and likely Tortola by the new year. We're not interested in 4x4ing or zip lining...I am happy with a tender in and a beach.

Would you rather go to an island you really were not planning on sailing to or go to the one you wanted so badly and get off the ship to nothing what so ever except crumbled houses.

I have no problem going to different ports as long as it is in the same region, i.e. port swaps within the Caribbean. I do have a huge problem with swapping a continental US or Bahamas port for a Caribbean port.

Honestly, if NCL wants to keep the same itinerary and make humanitarian aid stops to islands that need help, I would be all in with helping in any way I can. However, I want to have the opportunity to make the choice between vacation itinerary and/or charity work!

Edited by my3sonsnj

I get the fact that we all pick cruises based on itineraries, but getting mad at the cruise line for these changes is silly. There are a handful of popular islands that have been absolutely devastated by these hurricanes. The cruise lines don’t control nature. I’m not sure what else you’d like the cruise line to do...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would like NCL to substitute other nice islands in the eastern / southern Caribbean as Celebrity Cruises did instead of sending people to the western Caribbean islands!

I could accept that as would others on my 10 day January GEM and February 14 day Breakaway cruises.;)

So many of my fellow cruisers on my Roll Calls are canceling.:(

Don:cool::cool:

I have no problem going to different ports as long as it is in the same region, i.e. port swaps within the Caribbean. I do have a huge problem with swapping a continental US or Bahamas port for a Caribbean port.

Honestly, if NCL wants to keep the same itinerary and make humanitarian aid stops to islands that need help, I would be all in with helping in any way I can. However, I want to have the opportunity to make the choice between vacation itinerary and/or charity work!

Why don’t you go down there and do charity work instead of complaining?

Why don’t you go down there and do charity work instead of complaining?

Get off your high horse. What you are saying is total nonsense. It has nothing to do with the people in the islands. Don't act like you donate all your income and spend your time to help the people over there.

People paid for their vacation with their hard earned money and they are entitled to know where they are going. Not to mention NCL promised to update in two weeks.

Get off your high horse. What you are saying is total nonsense. It has nothing to do with the people in the islands. Don't act like you donate all your income and spend your time to help the people over there.

People paid for their vacation with their hard earned money and they are entitled to know where they are going. Not to mention NCL promised to update in two weeks.

Get off your high horse. Deal with it and it has everything to do with the people on the islands. Maybe you could be more considerate of the situation. Many people are affected by this and he changing of ports. NCL has the right to change

Ports with no notice at all and at least they are trying to communicate as much as possible.

Edited by abe3

Get off your high horse. Deal with it and it has everything to do with the people on the islands. Maybe you could be more considerate of the situation. Many people are affected by this and changed of ports. NCL has the right to change

Ports with no notice at all and at least they are trying to communicate as much as possible.

NCL is a corporation, so don't act like you need to protect your mother's interest. It has nothing to do with the people on the islands. It's just business and Cruise companies can pull this off with a more restricted cancellation policy only because customers suck it up.

Do you happen to read the difference between the contract of EU and US?

US:

Norwegian Cruise Line has the right to cancel, advance, postpone or substitute any scheduled sailing or itinerary without prior notice. Norwegian Cruise Line shall not be responsible for failure to adhere to published arrival and departure times for any of its ports of call.

EU:

Individual service changes and deviations from the contractual contents of the travel contract, which become necessary after conclusion of contract and which were brought about contrary to good faith on behalf of Norwegian are permitted so far as the changes and deviations are not considerable and do not impair the overall form of the holiday.The overall form of the holiday is considered impaired if its value or quality as implied by the customary use or the use as stipulated by the contract is made void or to a substantial degree diminished.

Should such service changes make the overall form of the cruise holiday unacceptable to the passenger, Norwegian offers the passenger the right to either change the booking or withdraw from the contract free of charge. Passengers also have the right to request an equivalent alternative Norwegian cruise holiday, provided Norwegian is able to offer such a cruise holiday without additional expenses. Passengers must assert their rights arising from contract changes or cancellations in writing and immediately following Norwegian's declaration of the changes

To me, it's only fair when there is a predictable change of the itinerary, NCL should allow the customers to cancel or at least change to another itinerary, especially when it's months away.

You are basically asking the customers to be considerate, but would you ever ask NCL to be considerate?

Edited by thetaro

NCL is a corporation, so don't act like you need to protect your mother's interest. It has nothing to do with the people on the islands. It's just business and Cruise companies can pull this off with a more restricted cancellation policy only because customers suck it up.

Do you happen to read the difference between the contract of EU and US?

US:

EU:

To me, it's only fair when there is a predictable change of the itinerary, NCL should allow the customers to cancel or at least change to another itinerary, especially when it's months away.

You are basically asking the customers to be considerate, but would you ever ask NCL to be considerate?

Don’t ask them to be considerate. You pay for a cruise and states in contract about port changes.

It’s a fluid situation and who knows when they will get back to normal. Looks like sooner than later. So they are trying to still figure that out.

Get off your high horse. Deal with it and it has everything to do with the people on the islands. Maybe you could be more considerate of the situation. Many people are affected by this and he changing of ports. NCL has the right to change

They have a right to change and we have the right to cancel....if they ever tell us.

Are you there doing charity work??

If so, please do a little extra for me, because I can't be there.

I am not the one complaining about the cruise schedules and relating it to charity work. You need to ask the person who said it

We are on the Epic March 24, 2018 sailing. It was originally an Eastern Caribbean itinerary. I noticed today the sailing was no longer showing up on the website. I checked my Vacation Summary under my login and it shows the itinerary has been changed to a Western...Falmouth, George Town and GSC. We're fine with it because our goal for Spring Break cruises is to go somewhere warm, not too particular about where as long as it fits into my girls' school schedule.

Kind of funny to read all the complaints about next year's cruises when we are still waiting to hear if we will be in San Juan in 3 1/2 weeks or not. Our first port stop on the Jade out of NYC is PR. If we get there, we get there. If not we will survive!

I've just talked to a NCL agent who told me that they don't know when changes for January on the Breakaway will be available and I had to decide to make final payment (due saturday) without knowing new itinerary...hoping for the best and anyway we'll enjoy the sun