So What's the difference between NEW PIZZA and OLD PIZZA?

Ocean Dancer

It’s also more expensive and the ratio of oxygen tanks to guests is 1:1

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not always so on either count. We scored a great deal on our princess cruise and while the average age is surely higher, I think the number of 25 to 65 year olds is about the same. Fewer kids for more seniors sounds like a very good trade off to me, especially when it’s just DW and I cruising.

Royal's pizza is so bad that we'd rather eat the cardboard box if it came in a box.:eek::loudcry:

By this comparison, Carnival's is delicious!!

Totally agree. Carnival's pizza is MUCH better than Royal's. I'm stuck on a charter on Royal in February and not looking forward to their scant late-night options at all.

I don't know if Carnival is still running their Pizza Pirate "Plus" menu after 11 pm, but if they are, they'll offer lasagna and another rotating entree (meatball sub, chicken parm, etc.) as well as cookies from 11 pm to 1 am at Pizza Pirate. It's been a year since we saw this on the Conquest so I hope they're still doing it on at least some ships. The lasagna was really good, too!

I'm just off the Vista and in lieu of the "Plus" menu at the pizza station, they offered late-night snacks just to the right of the Deli after it closed at 11 pm. Baked ziti, ham and cheese sandwiches, grilled cheese, soup, vegetable panini sandwiches, and meatball subs. AND cookies. Really handy when the pizza line was long...and sadly, most people had NO idea the "snacks" were there.

If you are from NY or Chicago you recognize pizza on a ship for what it really is. If they charged say a buck a slice you would see how people actually feel about it

Hey when you're drunk and starving, they could spread pizza sauce on an old shoe and there would be a line to get it.

Cutbacks have nothing to do with the wait. The pizzas are made to order. That's why it takes so long. In East coast pizzerias (NYC, Philly, etc), they pre-bake the pizzas and re-heat slices to order. This is a much faster way of doing it. But I guess made to order is better for marketing.

The wait is made longer by the fact that one guy has to take the order, make it, cook it and serve it. They know it will reduce the demand if there is a long line.

It’s also more expensive and the ratio of oxygen tanks to guests is 1:1

Try HAL. I'm 48 and in the bottom 10% age bracket. Elegant ships with better food and service but not much night life. HAL has newer pizza and its better but not as good as Carnival.

If you want to see the world on your cruises Carnival does not get you there.

There is an older crowd on Princess but seems like the same number of scooters and walkers on both.

Not entirely true. We did a B2B2B on Splendor from LA around the Horn in South America to NYC in 2013.......48 night cruise. It was an amazing trip of a life time seeing the penguins, Chilean wine country and the beaches of Brazil.

We also ate a lot of delicious pizza on that cruise!

Not entirely true. We did a B2B2B on Splendor from LA around the Horn in South America to NYC in 2013.......48 night cruise. It was an amazing trip of a life time seeing the penguins, Chilean wine country and the beaches of Brazil.

We also ate a lot of delicious pizza on that cruise!

OK but Carnival does this on very rare occasions.

Princess for example does this all the time. Major reason most of our cruises are on Princess these days. Rather bored with the caribbean.

Remarkable how everyones preferences on pizza are so different.

OK but Carnival does this on very rare occasions.

Princess for example does this all the time. Major reason most of our cruises are on Princess these days. Rather bored with the caribbean.

Remarkable how everyones preferences on pizza are so different.

Check my sig to see what I've combined for our 50th Anniversary!:D

I actually DID eat pizza on RC and found it to be inedible. I'd give it a 3 out of 10. CCL is better, but not very good anymore. Loved the old pizza and menu, the new not so much. I'd give it a scant 5.

If you check availabilities, Carnival cruises are pretty much sold out - the annoying cutbacks they've made don't seem to be affecting their bookings yet. We've been loyal and frequent cruisers since 2004, so far we still like Carnival cruising enough to keep at it . . . . but the cutbacks are very noticeable to long time cruisers. I think the newbies won't even notice.

What other cut backs specifically? I noticed that the included items on room service has been reduced dramatically, I think you used to be able to order a pizza for free. Any other cutbacks ?

What other cut backs specifically? I noticed that the included items on room service has been reduced dramatically, I think you used to be able to order a pizza for free. Any other cutbacks ?

When you order roses, they no longer include baby's breath to fill out the bouquet, plus the roses seem to be tired quite quickly, no lobster on 5-day elegant night, the Andes chocolate with evening turn-down, the room service choice, fewer room stewards, waaaayyyy too few bartenders (shocking, since alcohol is such a huge cash cow), and often times someone on the wait staff seems anxious to not only provide service but needs to be sure supervisors know it too. Like I said before, carnival still makes us happy, it's just noticeable that cost cutting measures are afoot. And then a catastrophic blow to everybody doing business in the Caribbean - so sad!

When you order roses, they no longer include baby's breath to fill out the bouquet, plus the roses seem to be tired quite quickly, no lobster on 5-day elegant night, the Andes chocolate with evening turn-down, the room service choice, fewer room stewards, waaaayyyy too few bartenders (shocking, since alcohol is such a huge cash cow), and often times someone on the wait staff seems anxious to not only provide service but needs to be sure supervisors know it too. Like I said before, carnival still makes us happy, it's just noticeable that cost cutting measures are afoot. And then a catastrophic blow to everybody doing business in the Caribbean - so sad!

Thanks for answering. I am kind of bummed about the lobster on elegant night... We are on a 5 night in Nov, so I guess we get screwed. What's so elegant about the meal without the lobster??? I am glad that we booked the Chef's Table so that we can have something to make us feel special.

Thanks for answering. I am kind of bummed about the lobster on elegant night... We are on a 5 night in Nov, so I guess we get screwed. What's so elegant about the meal without the lobster??? I am glad that we booked the Chef's Table so that we can have something to make us feel special.

It's actually very good! Shrimp and scallops, I think - shrimp for sure. We were disappointed when we first found out, but we're happy with what they did serve. Like I said, we're pretty easy going, enjoy our together time on the cruise wherever we go,